McGill MBA Review
Business education is as dynamic as the business world. The McGill University: Desautels Faculty of Management is known for its MBA classes that align with as per the latest industry requirements.
Applying for MBA at McGill?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
McGill University: Desautels Faculty of Management MBA Introduction
AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA
The program especially caters to the needs of a mid-career student seeking to advance to a higher level of leadership inside her organisation. McGill’s Full-Time MBA offers students the flexibility to complete the program in two years, fast-track in one year, or study part-time over 28 months. The program offers global perspectives with a 10-day international study trip for company visits, meetings with senior execs, workshops and seminars.
A comprehensive internship program sees full-time students gain practical work experience over 10 weeks to six months. The revamped curriculum replaces concentrations with specializations to help students gain a competitive edge, with a modern focus on sustainability across all topics.
McGill University MBA Class Profile
Average Work Ex
McGill University MBA Acceptance Rate
Owing to the competitive nature of the admission process, the program has a 30 to 35% of acceptance rate.
Program and Curriculum of McGill University MBA
Choose between our 48-credit and 54-credit programs. Every MBA student begins their program at the same time and takes the same number of classes. The only difference between our 48-credit and 54-credit options comes down to the amount of time you spend learning on the job through an internship. The 48-credit program can be completed in 12 months. The 54-credit takes 20, though many students accelerate it to finish in 16.
- Effective Communication
- International Economics
- Leading With Empathy
- Organisational Behaviour
- Self Awareness
- Team Dynamics
Align your program with your passion by choosing up to two specialisations:
- Global Strategy & Leadership
- Business Analytics
The program is known to introduce a one-week workshop that one can attend to attain a basic understanding of the domain. Two subjects are available:
- Financial Accounting
- Business Math
The Desautels MBA program assists students in honing their professional skills such as networking, leadership skills etc. These skills can not be developed within a few days. Hence, the program offers multiple ways in the form of student trips, exchange programs etc. to assist students in developing the said skills.
Below are a few activities that you can avail while pursuing this program.
10 days international study trip
The study trip is designed to improve the candidate’s global fluency by ensuring company’s visits and enabling them to network with foreign nationals.
Through exchange trips, candidates are allowed to participate in the international exchange program. The program allows students to gain a socio economic, cultural and commercial stand of different countries.
During the program, most students are sent to multiple locations such as Africa, Europe, Asia/Pacific, America, or the Middle East to enhance their networking skills.
Internships give students practical experience and essential industry knowledge. The Career Services staff helps students choose the field and specific organisation that best fits their interests, abilities, and career aspirations. After completing a selection procedure, students start an internship that will allow them to apply what they’ve learned in class.
It is a specialised project that one must do under the guidance of an accomplished faculty member.
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into McGill University MBA)
- Bachelor’s degree of at least three years having obtained 180 ECTS in any field of studies (engineering, social sciences, sciences, arts, etc.).
- Applicants may apply in the same year they obtain their degree.
- Candidates should not be older than 30 during the application year.
Document Related to the Application
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment
- A one-page resume (CV)
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report
- English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS or Cambridge)
- Copy of Passport or ID card
- 2 completed online reference forms
- Passport-style photo in .jpg or .jpeg format only
McGill University MBA Deadlines
The Desautels MBA program’s AdCom is known for processing applications as soon as they receive them. Hence, if you are interested in the program, then it would be for the best if you could apply for the program as soon as possible.
Apart from this, one can accept results within 5 to 6 weeks of submitting the application.
Applications for Fall 2022
1 November 2021
15 January 2022
15 March 2022 (Final date for International students)
1st May 2022 (final date for Canadian students)
McGill University MBA Employment
The Desautels MBA program has several full-time career coaches. Students are assigned a coach upon commencement of the program and begin working immediately with their coach to develop a clear sense of their strengths and target career path. The Desautels MBA Mentoring Program at McGill supports mentees (students) by offering mentoring relationships, learning events and networking opportunities. This allows our students to engage in significant dialogue with mid to senior level business leaders that will help them leverage their MBA experience in the workplace.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Companies recruiting from McGill University: Desautels MBA
- Electronic Arts
- BMO Financial Group
- Ernst & Young
- Yoma Bank
- TD Bank
- Morgan Stanley
- McKinsey & Co.
- Bain & Co.
- Oliver Wyman
McGill University: Desautels MBA Alumni Info
McGill’s 275,000 alumni are using their education and experiences to make a difference in the world.They live in some 180 countries. Their ranks include world leaders, astronauts, Nobel laureates—and a host of trailblazers in arts, sciences, business and public service. They are improving lives through their groundbreaking medical discoveries, plumbing the human condition in thought-provoking art and driving the economy with their business acumen.
Some Famous Alumni
- André Gremillet – President & CEO Cleaveland Orchestra
- Nagi Kwakabani – Partner and Co-CEO Brevan Howard Asset Management LLP
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for McGill University MBA
Q.1 Why do you intend on pursuing an MBA at this point in your life? Describe your mid-term and long-term visions for your post-MBA career path and how will the Desautels MBA program add value to your future career? (500-word limit)
Q. 2 What qualities would you look for in an MBA classmate when working on a team project and describe how your background and leadership skills will enhance the experience of others? (500-word limit)
Q. 3 Describe a difficult decision you made and the process that you went through to make it. (500-word limit)
Letter of Recommendation for McGill University MBA
1 How long have you known the applicant and in what connection?
2 What special qualities does the applicant possess which leads you to support his/her application?
3 Please address the following components of the candidate’s character. Cite specific examples where possible.
- a) Intellectual abilities
- b) Administrative skills; ability to manage workload
- c) Ability to work effectively with others
- d) Ability to communicate in English in written and oral forms. Applicants are required to take and defend their points of view. Do you believe that the applicant has this ability?
- e) Leadership potential
- f) Initiative and follow-through
4 Please rate the applicant on the above six components:
- Intellectual abilities – Outstanding/Superior/Excellent/Good/Average/Below Average/No information
- Administrative skills/workload – Outstanding/Superior/Excellent/Good/Average/Below Average/No information
- Ability to work effectively with others – Outstanding/Superior/Excellent/Good/Average/Below Average/No information
- Ability to communicate in English – Outstanding/Superior/Excellent/Good/Average/Below Average/No information
- Leadership potential – Outstanding/Superior/Excellent/Good/Average/Below Average/No information
- Initiative and follow-through – Outstanding/Superior/Excellent/Good/Average/Below Average/No information
Overall Impression – Outstanding/Superior/Excellent/Good/Average/Below Average
Interview Questions for McGill University MBA
Q1: What challenges will you come across while pursuing the McGill University MBA program?
Q2: Give a brief introduction of yourself.
Q3: What is the main reason behind studying here?
Q4: What is your building motivation for studying this program?
Q5: What are the core modules in the course which interest you?
Q6: Why are you choosing to study MBA?
Q7: What are your future goals?
Q8: Which other schools are you applying for?
Q9: What are your short- and long-term career goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Q10: Tell us about a difficult situation you have been through and how did you tackle it?
What makes McGill University MBA Unique
- The MBA programs offer an acceptance rate of 91%.
- The program offers mandatory Professional and Leadership skills
- Courses through researchers, coaches and other industry experts.
- The Summer Internship program offered by the MBA program is highly successful and offers a placement rate of whooping 100%.
Students from more than 75 countries are known to join this program, thus, offering a wide range of ethnic diversity.
- In terms of career opportunities, the program offers one to one coaching sessions along with workshops to assist students. Preparation programs are also offered to the candidates.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Do Desautels MBA offer an accelerated MBA program?
Yes. The program can be completed within a duration of 12 months or 1 year.
What is the teaching method used by the Desautels MBA program at McGill?
The program offers both theoretical knowledge and also focuses on motivating their students in implementing their knowledge. Apart from the guest lecture, and team projects, Case studies are also included to create exceptional world leaders.
Can I work while studying at McGill?
Due to the program’s rigorous and intensive structure, admitted candidates are recommended to not work while completing their studies.
What are some introductory courses that I can take to prepare myself for the MBA program?
Students are mostly asked to participate in base camps that start in the beginning of August. Apart from these they are asked to attend a one-week workshop which is known to provide a strong foundation in subjects such as Financial Accounting, and Business Math.
When are the applicants notified of their admission decision?
Once a student completes their application, they receive a response from them within 4 to 6 weeks.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services