McMaster University MBA Review
Do you want to make a difference in the world? Do you have great plans and ideas but need the network and tools to bring them to the market? Are you a political science major but want to explore consulting? Are you a science student who is interested in finance? Well, McMaster MBA, commonly known as Degroote MBA, is open to all.
Applying for MBA at McMaster University?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
McMaster University MBA Introduction
Take charge of your future possibilities. This full-time curriculum is completed in less than two years and allows you to compete for paid summer internship opportunities while you are studying. The internship will be four months long. This programme is ideal for students who want to advance in their existing careers or switch to a different field.
McMaster University MBA Class Profile
The McMaster University MBA program class consists of students from all around the globe. Interacting and networking with these students will help you enhance your perspective and broaden the horizon of your career aspects. These students would have about four years of work experience in different fields. This will enrich the classroom experience with the presence of various mindsets.
Average Work Ex
McMaster University MBA Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of the McMaster University MBA is 33%; in simpler words, out of 100 applications, only about 33 will be accepted. It is not relatively easy to crack, but it is achievable by paying close attention to your application documents. Make sure that you do not copy-paste the content available on google in your SOPs, LORs, resumes, etc. These documents must be personalised by including your unique experiences and learnings.
Acceptance rate – 33%
Program and Curriculum of McMaster University MBA
McMaster University MBA will give you a chance to participate in a vibrant, interactive, and cross-disciplinary classroom. You will attend classes from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in your first year from Monday to Thursday. Other events like career promotion, networking and professional development will be held on Fridays and weekends. Moreover, the McMaster University MBA curriculum teaches through modern integrated examples and discussions of the current market concerns. The key focus of this program is to teach the fundamentals of the business and corporate world. Your first term will consist of two mandatory courses, Accounting and Finance.
- Managing Financial Resources
- Economics and Business Statistics
- Creating Customer Value
- Competing through Digital Transformation and Analytics
- Managing Organizations
- Human Resources / Organizational Behaviour
- Health Services Management
- Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Term three will allow you to customize your academic experience to meet your career goals.
- General MBA
- Accounting and Financial Management Services
- Business Analytics
- Health Services Management
- Strategic Business Valuation
THE INTEGRATED LEARNING PROJECT
In your first year, you will complete a project. In this project as a consultant, you will integrate and use your knowledge to solve a real-world business challenge, putting your skillset and expertise to the test.
If you wish to improve your technical and non-technical skills, you can take part in various teams, engineering clubs, committees, competitions, and conferences at McMaster University. There are more than 70 clubs and associations at this university. Participating in applied learning is an excellent opportunity to broaden your horizons, try new things, and contribute to your social and intellectual growth. Here are the team and clubs at the university.
- McMaster EcoCAR Mobility Challenge
- MAC Formula Electric Team
- McMaster Concrete Toboggan
- McMaster Solar Car Project
- McMaster Rocketry Team
- McMaster Mars Rover Team
- McMaster Neudose / McMaster Interdisciplinary Satellite Team (MIST)
- McMaster Experimental Reduced Gravity Team (MERGE)
- McMaster Sumobot
- MAC RoboMaster
- McMaster Autoplow
- McMaster Competitive Programming
- McMaster Artificial Intelligence Society
- Google Developer Student Clubs McMaster University
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into McMaster University MBA)
Competitive GPA score in the final two years of the candidate’s undergraduate degree – A B average, an 8.0 out of 12.0 GPA, or a 3.0 out of 4.0 GPA is usually regarded competitive.
Please note that you must have received an undergraduate business degree from a Canadian or American university within the previous 10 years to be eligible for the Accelerated MBA programme.
A competitive GMAT or GRE score – For the September 2022 and 2023 admissions, a GMAT or GRE score is necessary.
Work Experience – International students must have continuous work experience in a managerial position for a year.
- MBA (Co-op) – There is no job experience required for International or Domestic candidates in the MBA with a Co-op programme.
- MBA – The MBA (20-month) programme requires a minimum of one year of full-time continuous management, professional, or technical job experience.
- Accelerated MBA – The Accelerated MBA programme requires two years of work.
Two Letters of reference – To study MBA at McMaster University, you must submit two letters of reference. One of these letters must be written by an academic referee, while the other should be written by a professional referee. Your professional referee should be a current or former supervisor.
KIRA online video interview – After the McMaster University MBA admissions committee has shortlisted your profile, you will be required to face an online interview. After cracking this interview, you will get a letter of acceptance.
Professional Resumé and/or CV – You must submit an up-to-date resume with a crisp and clear summary of your experiences to study for the McMaster University MBA.
IELTS/ TOEFL – If you are an international student, you need to prove your proficiency in English. For this, you need to submit your IELTS or TOEFL Scores.
- For TOEFL, the university recommends a score of 100
- For IELTS, the university recommends a score of 7
Document Related to the Application
- Bachelor’s degree
- Resume/ CV
- IELTS/ TOEFL test scores
- Letters of recommendation
- Application essays
- GRE/ GMAT scores
McMaster University MBA Deadlines
For international students, the deadline to apply for McMaster University MBA September 2022 session has already been passed. Round one for the September 2023 intakes for international students is 1st September 2022. So, we would recommend you start preparing your application right away. It would give you a good amount of time to make your application documents perfectly intact.
|1st Deadline||01 SEPTEMBER, 2022|
McMaster University MBA Employment
The McMaster University MBA addresses industry demands and possibilities by seamlessly blending classroom and real-world experiences. McMaster University MBA students develop collaborative and critical thinking skills as they progress through the programme, focusing on learning in a friendly and inclusive environment. These learnings have enabled the 97% of the graduates to find a job within the first six months of graduation.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring McMaster University MBA Graduates
McMaster University MBA takes a student-first approach. During your DeGroote MBA, you will develop your network and graduate with the skills and knowledge the employers are looking for. This network has helped plenty of graduates to get a job almost immediately after graduating. The top companies in Canada, like Mckinsey Healthcare, Ascensia Diabetes Care, and BlackBerry Ltd. are hiring McMaster University MBA graduates.
Here are some of the networking opportunities that McMaster University will provide you-
- Mock interview nights
- Alumni Coffee Breaks
- Industry Day
- Pizza and Beer with the Dean
- Knowledge @ DeGroote events
- Alumni networking events
- DeGroote Leaders peer mentorship
- Company information sessions
Companies recruiting from McMaster University MBA
- Abbott Laboratories
- Deloitte LLP
- FGF Brands Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd.
- Ascensia Diabetes Care
- BlackBerry Ltd.
- Nestle Canada Inc.
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- Canadian Mental Health Association Peel
- FedEx Express Canada
- Government of Ontario
- CIBC Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Hamilton Health Sciences
- Office of the Superintendent of Financial
- RBC Royal Bank of Canada
- Whirlpool Canada LP
- Woodstock General Hospital
- PepsiCo Inc.
- Ontario Power Generation
- Moskowitz Capital Management Inc.
McMaster University MBA Alumni Info
McMaster University’s alumni network has appeared to be pretty intense. It includes people like Laura Beesley and Kim Pho, who are among the healthcare industry leaders. After graduating from the McMaster University MBA program, you would also become a vibrant part of the community of McMaster University.
Some Famous Alumni
- Lincoln Alexander – Former Lieutenant Governor of Ontario
- David Feather – President, Mackenzie Financial Services
- Len Blum – Screenwriter & Producer
- Jay Firestone – CEO, CanWest Entertainment
- Michael Lee-Chin – Founder, AIC Funds
- Ivan Reitman – Major Motion Picture Director
- Martyn Burke – Journalist, novelist, filmmaker and recipient of the Auteur Award
- Stephen Elop – President, Worldwide Field Operations, Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Suzanne Labarge – Chancellor of McMaster University, retired RBC executive, philanthropist
- Dino Trevisani – BCom ’87 | 2018 Recipient
- Michael G. DeGroote – McMaster Honourary Degree 1992 | 2017 Recipient
- Michael Latimer – BCom ’76 | 2016 Recipient
- Gino Scapillati – BCom ’81 | 2015 Recipient
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for McMaster University MBA
Question 1: Please list all other graduate schools of business to which you are applying for admission. This will not prejudice your chances of being selected for admission to McMaster. (Character limit – 4000)
Question 2: Please list any professional qualifications, academic or other honors, significant achievements, extra-curricular activities, etc. (No word limit)
Question 3: What are your reasons for choosing to do an MBA degree? Why have you selected the DeGroote MBA Program? Your answer may be used as part of the evaluation of your application.
Question 4: Did you experience adversity, challenges, or setbacks that may have led to discrepancies in your academics or professional work?
Question 5: Please provide any other information you feel would be helpful to us in making a decision on your application. (No word limit)
Letter of Recommendation for McMaster University MBA
For the McMaster University MBA program, you need to submit two letters of recommendation.
- One letter should be from a professional referee (your current or previous supervisor).
- The other letter of recommendation can be from your academic advisor/ professor, who can comment on your abilities critically.
Interview Questions for McMaster University MBA
Once McMaster University has shortlisted your application for its MBA program, you will be invited for a Kira interview. The interview will be conducted online and focus on your goals and career aspirations aligning with your past experiences and the McMaster University MBA program. So you need to make sure that you are thoroughly prepared.
To prepare for it, here are some questions which would be helpful to you.
Q: Please introduce yourself
Q: Why do you want to pursue an MBA from McMaster University?
Q: What is your immediate goal after graduating with an MBA?
Q: Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years?
Q: What’s your plan B in case your career plans don’t work out?
Q: Have you ever lived in any other country or interacted with people from different countries?
Q: What is your proudest achievement?
Q: Give an example of when you failed. What did you learn from the experience?
Q: Tell us about a time when things did not go the way you wanted— like a promotion you wanted and didn’t get or a project that didn’t turn out how you had hoped?
Q: What does Leadership mean to you?
What Makes McMaster University MBA Unique
Here are a few facts about McMaster University that makes it unique-
- According to Wall Street Journal Business School Report and Times Higher Education, McMaster University MBA is among the top 3 two year MBA programs.
- An MBA is more than just a certificate. It’s about the possibilities you’ll have along the route and the lasting connections and networks you’ll form along the way.
- McMaster values involvement and makes sure every student is a member of a larger professional community.
- McMaster University MBA also assists its students in getting a four-month summer internship.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
I pursued graduation in English. Do I still need IELTS or TOEFL?
McMaster University will waive the English language proficiency requirement in such a case. However, proof will be needed to prove that you spent at least three years at an institution where English was the teaching medium.
What are the minimum individual band score requirements for IELTS or TOEFL to study for McMaster University MBA?
Currently, McMaster University only has the overall score consideration, which is 100 for TOEFL, and 7 for IELTS.
What kind of scholarships does McMaster University offer to its international students?
At McMaster University, all applicants (international and local) are considered for entrance scholarships and admission rewards at the time of application. The amount of a prize is determined after a thorough examination of a student’s profile and can vary from 1,000 to 10,000 CAD. In September, students will have the option to apply for further scholarships.
Does McMaster University consider internships/co-ops as full-time work experience?
If your internship/co-op was part of your school’s curriculum and was recorded on your undergraduate transcript, McMaster University might classify it as full-time job experience.
Does McMaster prefer professional references or academic references?
If you do not have significant work experience, then you can share academic references. However, if you have work experience, it is highly recommended to submit professional letters of recommendation. The only thing you must keep in mind is choosing the referee carefully. Your referees must be able to evaluate your performance critically and have a good understanding of your skills and abilities.
What is the acceptance rate for the DeGroote School of Business?
The acceptance rate of the McMaster University MBA is 33%; in simpler words, out of 100 applications, only about 33 will be accepted.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services