Unsure If Your Profile Will Get YOU Into Your Target Schools?
What is the Melbourne Business School Master of Management (MiM) Review?
The Melbourne Business School Master of Management (MiM) Review is useful for all the aspiring candidates who want to have an insight of the Master of Management Program at the Melbourne Business School and understand if the school is a good fit for them. In addition to a brief review of the school, data about the Melbourne Business School Master of Management (MiM) application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are also presented.
Founded in 1955 as a summer school by some business leaders, the Melbourne Business School of the University of Melbourne has been ranked as #1 in Australia for its highly renowned and competitive programs. The School offers globally recognized programs like MBA, specialist Masters programs, doctoral programs, and even executive education programs. In this era of globalization, the programs offered at the Melbourne Business School promise to produce some of the world’s best business professionals who have the vision to change the globe. Along with a challenging coursework, the School offers a hugely diverse community and provides with all the benefits of a well-connected alumni network of more than 16,000 business leaders. Moreover, the Melbourne Business School is situated in the beautiful city of Melbourne which adds to the economic and recreational value of the School.
The Melbourne Business School Master of Management (MiM) Program Value Proposition
- The Melbourne Business School aims to offer a competitive Master of Management Program that aims to provide training to students in foundational business and organizational management.
- The MiM program is specially designed for students who aspire to manage organizations and enterprises with great managerial skills and business mindsets.
- This program strives to develop your managing skills, critical thinking, and creative thinking with the help of hands-on experience in classrooms along with well-planned lectures.
- More than 90% of the students of the MiM Program accepted employment within 3 months of graduation.
- The MiM Program is a 24-month long course offered at two campuses i.e. the Parkville campus and the Carlton campus (Victoria) situated in a huge commercial city Melbourne which boasts its perfect confluence of urban and suburban life.
- Provides an opportunity to students from business as well as non-business background to get an international exposure of the global business trends and enhance customer dealing skills.
- Melbourne Business School has a big network of alumni comprising of 15,000+ alumni who stay highly connected and responsive by volunteering to mentor students pursuing the executive academic programs.
- Master of Management in various disciplines
The Melbourne Business School offers the Master of Management program with specializations in various disciplines like Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing. Graduates having knowledge in a particular field can apply to these courses. Commerce students are highly encouraged to apply for the Master of Management (Accounting & Finance) Program to further gain advanced knowledge of the subjects.
- Program starts in February
The Melbourne Business School Master of Management program begins is a 2-year long program that starts in the month of February each year. Also, the program consists of two annual semesters of rigorous coursework and pro-bono classwork.
- Enrichment Programs
Apart from the coursework and lectures, the curriculum for the Melbourne Business School MiM program also includes two enrichment programs - Melbourne Business Practicum and Global Business Practicum which aim to help students apply theory into real-life. This includes critical case-studies from a global perspective and learning more about the work culture of a company.
- Flexible Duration of the Melbourne Business School MiM Program
The Melbourne Business School offers a choice to choose between a 200 and a 150 point plan. The 200 point plan allows you to complete the course in full 2 years. However, the 150 point plan shortens the duration of the program to 1.5 years.
- Core Courses
The School offers 12.5 points for each core courses taken over each semester. Some of the core courses for the Melbourne Business School MiM Program are:-
|Business Analysis & Decision Making||Managing for Value Creation|
|Marketing Management||Managing People|
|Financial Management||Project Management|
|People and Change||Management Competencies|
- Additional Courses
Melbourne Business School even divides the elective and capstone courses that are compulsory and have to be completed over the last two semesters. Some of these courses include Leadership and Team Dynamics, Brand Management, Advertising, Strategic Management, and much more.
For more information on the Melbourne Business School Master of Management (MiM) Program, its enrichment programs, and flexible course duration, click here.
Next, in the Melbourne Master of Management (MiM) Review, we are going to look at some more details about the admission requirements and application process for Melbourne Business School.
Want to know your chances at Melbourne Business School?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
Constituents of the application package
- Unofficial Undergraduate Academic Transcripts (GPA, Core, and Elective courses) from all previously attended post-secondary institutions
- Statement of Intent
- One or two-page Resume/CV
- Official Transcripts only at any time of application
- English Proficiency Test - TOEFL (minimum 79) or IELTS (minimum 6.5 bands) for non-English medium students
- Application fees of AUD $ 100
- GMAT or GRE scores (optional)
- Students with an undergraduate degree in any discipline (business or nonbusiness) are eligible to apply for the MiM Program at Melbourne Business School.
- Students can only apply to 200 point plan. However, previous academic standing and coursework will be seen to award 50 points in advance and allow students to join the 150 point plan.
- Students with previous years of study in particular fields are eligible to apply to Masters in Management course in Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Human resources.
- Students should have a minimum of 6.5 bands for the English Proficiency Requirements.
- Applicants are NOT required to give the GMAT or GRE examinations. However, it is optional to submit the scores for additional awards and credits.
For more information on the entry requirements of the Melbourne’s MiM Program, please click here.
Next, in the Melbourne Business School MiM review, we are going to look at some relevant details about the MiM program as well as the employment opportunities after graduation.
Course Duration: 2 years divided over 4 semesters
Cost per year : $ 42,336 AUD
Estimated Total Cost : $ 86,789 AUD
Scholarships: The Melbourne Business School offers a variety of scholarships to the international applicants and the awards are released at the time of admission. Both merit and need-based scholarships are available.
For Start Year in February: 31st October
For Mid Year in July: 30th April
Here is the general class profile for Melbourne Business School Master of Management program given by The Economist:-
Class Size: 50
Average Work Experience: 5 years
Average GMAT Score: 672
Age range of students: 24-32
Average Age: 28
Student Origin :-
Europe : 16%
North America : 8%
South America : 10%
Asia & Australia : 63%
Africa & Middle-East : 4%
Melbourne Business School’s Career Management Center
Melbourne Business School Master of Management students are offered suitable assistance in order to kick start their careers in the right direction. The career coaches at the Career Management center help students identify their strengths and weaknesses and make the right decisions.
The School conducts seminars, workshops, webinars and more to help students build their confidence and connect with CEOs of top companies in order to learn from their experiences. The professional clubs, a huge alumni network, industry events, resume review workshops all combine together to help students make new connections and improve their skills to build a secure career.
MELBOURNE BUSINESS SCHOOL MiM REVIEW - PLACEMENT STATISTICS
With the Melbourne Business School’s strong network of alumni along with a highly devoted career management center, the Masters in Management batches have always had an employment rate of more than 90% after the completion of graduation.
Some top-notch companies that have recruited on campus include IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Target, and more. The average starting salary for a Master of Management graduate from Melbourne Business School is reported to be around $88,000.
Lastly, in the Melbourne Business School MiM Review, we are going to look at the admission committee’s requirements from the statement of intent of the applicants.
STATEMENT OF INTENT INSIGHTS
What does the admission committee search for in a statement of intent?
The statement of intent is the most important requirement by the admissions committee to review your application and filter out your application from a pool of competitive applications.
Also, the admissions committee demands to know the motivation behind the decision of further studies along with some account of the life and work experiences and circumstances.
Further, the statement of intent should throw some light on your academic and professional achievements, community service, work experience, and any other fundamental activity to showcase your merits and talents.
Want to shine out of all the applicants and appeal the admissions committee? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help you build an outstanding application.
Also, check out the list of Top-B Schools for Masters in Management (MiM) in Australia.
We hope the Melbourne Business school MiM review was useful to you. All the information has been sourced from the Melbourne Business school website, and for more interesting details about the Melbourne Business School Master of Management Program, you should definitely visit it.
Find more information on the degree.