Mendoza MSM Review
The Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame, a private university in Notre Dame, Indiana, is a business school. It was established in 1921 and offers both undergraduate and graduate programmes. The school has been included in the QS Business Master’s Ranking for 2018.
Applying for MSM at Mendoza?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Mendoza College of Business MSM Introduction
In the Master of Science in Management program of Mendoza College of Business, you’ll learn “the language of business,” gaining a solid foundation in business fundamentals, including accounting, marketing, management, and finance. You will join a collaborative group of students from diverse academic backgrounds and move through the program as a cohort. It is designed to complement your undergraduate degree to lead to a job and career that puts your passions and skills to work.
Mendoza MSM Class Profile
The MSM is a demanding full-time programme held on the school’s world-famous campus. You’ll be part of a group of people who represent a variety of undergraduate universities and majors.
Average Work Ex
Mendoza MSM Acceptance Rate
The b-school is moderately selective in its admissions, with a 48 per cent acceptance rate. It accepts applications for graduate programmes in many rounds on a rolling basis. Candidates interested in studying in the United States should apply as soon as possible to Mendoza College of Business to allow ample time for visa and other admissions processes.
Acceptance rate – 48%
Program and Curriculum of Mendoza College of Business MSM
The Mendoza College of Business MSM Program are specially designed for students to provide them with specific business knowledge and skills with an ethics-based approach to education. It may serve as a bridge program for students with non-business degrees and little or no experience to build the required skills to get good career opportunities.
This program provides you with the opportunity to enhance skills that are valuable to managing an organisation and develop your communication skills to stand out in the crowd.
- Statistics in Business
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Quantitative Business Analytics
- Principles of Management
- Bridge to Success
- Managerial Accounting
- Finance Principles
- Marketing Principles
- Management Writing (Mod 1 only)
- Management Writing (Week 8 Only)
- Economic Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Process Analytics (Mod 3 only)
- Spring Elective Option: Ten Years Hence Speaker Series
Learning both in and out of the classroom is an important element of the MSM experience. At Notre Dame, on-campus experiences enrich a dynamic student life that awaits your unique contributions.
As a student at MSM, you will have the option to:
- Join a number of groups, such as the MSM Association, where you can organise events and service initiatives for your fellow MSM students.
- Spend ten days with your classmates in Asia, South America, or South Africa, touring large business houses, seeing sights, and serving communities.
- Attend a Notre Dame Graduate Alumni tailgate to mingle with alumni, lecturers, and recruiters in a relaxed atmosphere, then watch the game from the graduate student section at Notre Dame Stadium.
- Business Action in Social Entrepreneurship
- Design for America
- Entrepreneurship Society
- Global Business Brigades
- MBA Business Analytics Club
- MBA Entrepreneurship Club
- MBA Global Club
- MBA Hispanic Club
- MBA Net Impact Club
- Notre Dame Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship Group
- Unleashed (Impact Investing Initiative)
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into Mendoza College of Business MBA)
- The MSM program of Mendoza College of Business is designed for individuals who have earned bachelor’s degrees in non-business disciplines.
- We cannot accept applications from students who majored in finance, accounting, marketing, management, business or dual-degree business programs.
- Economics majors are welcome to apply.
Document Related to the Application
- Academic transcripts from all previous undergraduate or graduate education (unofficial copies are accepted for admission but are required prior to starting the program)
- Two recommendations
- Official GMAT or GRE test score report
- Official TOEFL, PTE, IELTS academic score report (international candidates who do not have degrees from English-speaking undergraduate programs)
- Statement of Purpose (100 words)
- One slide presentation
- Two essays (prompts and length requirements available inside the application)
Mendoza College of Business MSM Deadlines
Experts advise anyone hoping to get into a top Management programme to get started working toward that goal as soon as possible, emphasising that rushing through the admissions process is dangerous.
According to experts, a year and a half to two years is the ideal amount of time to prepare for business school applications. While some applicants may succeed with last-minute applications, the ideal timeline begins long before the application deadlines with tasks like building your extracurricular profile, getting the tests done ahead of time, and spending time networking with Masters programmes through info sessions and other events.
|1st Deadline||02 NOVEMBER, 2021|
|2nd Deadline||18 JANUARY, 2022|
|3rd Deadline||01 MARCH, 2022|
|4th Deadline||05 APRIL, 2022|
|5th Deadline||03 MAY, 2022|
Mendoza College of Business MSM Employment/Placement
86% of the MSM Class of 2020 accepted job offers within six months of graduation. Notre Dame’s Career Services team is a world-class group of individuals dedicated to helping you launch your career. Taking into account your unique background, they’ll help you hone in on your strengths and weaknesses to prepare you better to tackle real-world problems.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring Mendoza College of Business MSM Graduates
The Career Services team at Notre Dame is a world-class group of professionals dedicated to assisting you in launching your career. They’ll work with you to identify your strengths and weaknesses, taking into account your specific history, so you’ll be more prepared to solve real-world situations.
Companies recruiting from Mendoza College of Business MSM
- Morning Star
- E&J Gallo
ESADE MBA Alumni Info
With more than 1,40,000 graduates, members of the Graduate Business alumni community have opportunities stay connected through Mendoza alumni networking events, service projects, and other special occasions.
What’s more, at the University of Notre Dame, is that they don’t distinguish between ‘Mendoza’ and ‘Notre Dame’ alumni. Once you leave our campus, you’re part of the extended Notre Dame Family, and you will forever have more than 144,000 family members who will go the extra mile to help you succeed.
Some Famous Alumni
- Lynette Boggs: Politician
- Michael T. Benson: President of Eastern Kentucky University
- Mike Lee: American Boxer
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Mendoza MSM
Essay 1: Please choose the essay prompt you find the most compelling to share with the admissions committee.
The University of Notre Dame was founded in 1842, by Father Edward Sorin, C.S.C, with a mission to become “one of the most powerful means for doing good in this country”. In 1879, Father Sorin’s vision for Notre Dame seemingly came to an abrupt end when a massive fire destroyed the main building that housed the entire university.
Instead of giving up, Father Sorin interpreted the fire as a sign that his dream was too small. He then decided to rebuild, bigger and better. The now-iconic main building still stands today, topped by the gleaming Golden Dome, as an ongoing symbol of perseverance and vision.
Tell us about a time, in your personal or professional experience, when you persevered and overcame obstacles, or you had to start over and rebuild.
Tell us about a time, in your personal or professional experience, when you created a vision for yourself, your organisation, or your community.
Essay 2: Mendoza is known for its position to Grow the Good in Business. It is more than just a motto; it is a concept that is taken to heart by our students, faculty, and staff. In order to live this concept, we actively build capacity toward servant leadership throughout the curriculum.
“A servant-leader focuses primarily on the growth and well-being of people and the communities to which they belong. While traditional leadership generally involves the accumulation and exercise of power by one at the top, servant leadership is different. The servant-leader shares power, puts the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.” – Robert Greenleaf.
Tell us about a time in your life, either personally or professionally, when you did not demonstrate servant leadership and describe how this experience informed your leadership style going forward.
If there is information that you would like to share with the Admissions Committee that does not appear elsewhere in your application, you may choose to submit a supplemental essay. For example, if your undergraduate GPA does not represent your true capabilities, a supplemental essay is your opportunity to address any relevant circumstances that impacted your performance.
Effective communication is a central skill for managers, and visual presentations are an important method of communication. Demonstrate your ability to clearly and concisely communicate by telling us about yourself using a short slide presentation.
Please consider the following guidelines when creating your presentation:
- Please submit four (4) slides.
- You may create your slides in any software that works for you, but you must save and upload them as a pdf.
- Do not use audio or video files.
- You are free to share anything about yourself that you think would be of value to the Admissions Committee. You can have some fun and be a bit more lighthearted in this portion of your application. Your tone should reflect your personality.
- Please be assured that the Admissions Committee will read your essay, your resume, and your transcripts in detail. Your slides are an opportunity to go beyond your academic and work history and show the Committee who you are as a person.
Letter of Recommendation for Mendoza MSM
At Mendoza, you must include two recommenders in your application. A minimum of one letter of recommendation from an academic authority is required (professor, academic advisor, etc.). Friends and family recommendations are not accepted. The Mendoza College of Business will send an email to the recommender.
Interview Questions for Mendoza MSM
Q: Why ND/Mendoza?
Q: Why MSM?
Q: What do you lack that you would like to improve through your MSM experience?
Q: Why do you want to do an MSM NOW?
Q: Tell me about a group situation when you disagreed with someone? How did you resolve the problem?
Q: Tell me a fun fact about you?
Q: Tell us about a significant event that shaped who you are today.
Q: How will you contribute to your class?
Q: What do you expect from the school?
Q: Who is your role model, and why?
Q: Tell me about your accomplishments
Q: Describe an event when have you motivated the team
Q: Tell me about your favourite place in the world
Q: What initiatives you took at work were met with resistance
Q: What do you like about working in groups?
Q: What types of people irritate you?
Q: What kind of a leader are you? What kind of a team will you make up?
Q: How will you manage a lazy team member?
What make Mendoza MSM Unique
Here are a few facts about Mendoza College of Business that makes it unique-
- The Master of Science in Management (MSM) programme will take your existing knowledge and show you how to apply it in the corporate world. It’s a programme for engineers and artists, as well as writers, biologists, and historians, who wish to make a living out of their passions.
- You’ll learn “the language of business” in small classes taught by renowned Mendoza faculty, obtaining a solid foundation in business topics such as accounting, marketing, management, and finance. You’ll be part of a cohort of students with a variety of academic backgrounds who will work together to complete the programme.
- In just 11 months, you can earn a top-ranked degree: You’ll graduate with the No. 6 ranked U.S. Master’s in Management from an internationally recognised university in less than a year. In addition, the Notre Dame M.S. in Management programme has the 10th best post-graduation pay in the world and connects you to a top-ranked network to help you define your future.
- Take advantage of an international opportunity: A two-week immersion in Asia, South America, or South Africa will help you gain a better grasp of global business. In addition, experts and business executives will brief you on current political, economic, and social issues.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is it difficult to gain admission to Mendoza Business School?
The Mendoza College of Business is the University of Notre Dame’s business school, which offers one undergraduate programme with five majors and eight graduate degrees. The b-school is moderately selective in its admissions, with a 48 per cent acceptance rate.
What is the difference between a Master of Business Administration and an MSM?
The main distinction between an MSM and an MBA is that the former focuses on leadership while the latter focuses on management. The MSM programme is for people who already have business experience and wish to improve their leadership skills.
Is a master's of Science in Management degree worth it?
The Master of Management programme is ranked among the top courses in the United States for career opportunities. An MSM degree can help you diversify your skill set, whether you majored in liberal arts, communications, or another particular sector.
What kind of career opportunities does the candidate have with an MSM degree?
An MSM degree allows individuals to use their management and
leadership talents in a variety of settings:
- Industrial Production Manager,
- Management Analyst Consultant
- Operations Manager,
- Human Resources Manager,
- Sports Manager,
- Entertainment Manager
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services