Macquarie Graduate School MiM Review
The Masters in Management program offered by Macquarie Graduate School of Management provides a launching pad for emerging professionals to hone their skills
Applying for MiM at Macquarie ?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Macquarie Graduate School of Management Master of Management (MIM) Introduction (Overview of the degree)
The Masters in Management program offered by Macquarie Graduate School of Management provides a launching pad for emerging professionals to hone their skills. Such as attaining practical, relevant experience; and collaborating with experts and practitioners by qualified teaching staff, influential alumni, business leaders and industry partners. The program aims to prepare and fast-track aspiring individuals by developing their skills, knowledge, experience and business connections in a truly international environment.
Macquarie Graduate School of Management Master of Management (MIM) Class Profile
Macquarie Graduate School of Management is a leading business school globally renowned for its inventions and pioneering projects. The MIM program at MSGM is a full time, a 2-year postgraduate program that will help you become an entrepreneur and give your ideas a trajectory.
Average Work Ex
MGSM MIM Acceptance Rate
Admissions to Macquarie University are tough, with the university having a 40% admission rate.
Program and Curriculum of Macquarie Graduate School of Management MIM
The Master of Management program is designed to impart practical learning to early-career professionals. MiM at Macquarie aims to prepare and fast-track aspiring graduates brushing their skills, knowledge, experience and business connections in a truly international
- Managing Technology
- Managing Strategically
- Managing People
- Managing Globally
- Managing Finance
- Managing Data
- Managing Customers
- Learning To Be a Leader
- Professional Practice
The electives are offered in the following academic areas:
- Big Data and Decision Analysis
- Business and Professional Ethics
- Change Management
- Corporate Finance
- Design Thinking for innovation
- e-Business Strategy
- Entrepreneurship in Business
- International Accounting
- International Business Strategy
- International Financial Management
- Strategic Marketing
Macquarie Graduate School of Management encourages and promotes students’ excitement and interest in a wide range of activities and topics by assisting you in leading and participating in clubs of all types. Every year, the clubs arrange hundreds of events. Speaker series, recruiting prep sessions, social gatherings, and large-scale conferences are examples of events.
MGSM has a range of club activities on and off-campus, which allows the students to hone their interpersonal and communication skills. The clubs include:
- 180 Degrees Consulting
- Accounting Students Association
- Actuarial Students Society
- Australian Wall Street
Eligibility and Requirements for getting into MGSM MIM (How to get into MGSM MIM)
- Australian level 7 bachelor’s qualification or recognised equivalent. GPA of 4.00 (out of 7.00) or overseas equivalent
- Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in each band, or equivalent
Documents Related to the Application
- Proof of residence (certified copy of visa, passport or birth certificate).
- Certified copies of academic transcripts.
- Up-to-date resume/CV.
- A Personal Statement Video (maximum length 1 minute) addressing:
- Introduce yourself and outline your career to date.
- Outline why you are interested in this course and your goals on completion.
- What contribution do you think you can make to the course and your fellow students?
- Details of two referees
For international candidates, the committee also assesses:
Macquarie Graduate School of Management Deadlines
Candidates may get notified before the decision dates listed below, especially if they are rejected admission without an interview, according to the programme.
|Term||International Application Deadline|
|Term 3 2022||22 May 2022|
|Term 4 2022||21 August 2022|
Macquarie Graduate School of Management Employment/placement
Macquarie’s Career and Employment Service is offered to all the students during their studies and up to 12 months after they graduate. It is an appointment based service. It offers non-academic career-related advice and consultation, and support services like:
- Career-focused workshops
- Educational programs
- Events including industry-specific presentations
- Access to a range of resources through CareerWise and at MUSE
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors hiring MGSM MIM Graduates
The top three sectors that hire MiM graduates from MGSM are:-
Companies recruiting fromMGSM MiM
- FTZ Fund
- Kuwait Investment Fund
- Partners Group
- Adobe Systems
- Apple Inc.
- Intel Corporation
MGSM MIM Alumni Info
When you graduate from Macquarie, you will be part of a prestigious worldwide network of over 90,000 Business School graduates from our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, the Macquarie Graduate School of Management, and the Macquarie Applied Finance Centre.
Some Famous Alumni
- Yalda Hakim (Australian broadcast journalist)
- Adam Hills (Australian Comedian)
- Frankie J Holden (Australian singer, actor and TV presenter)
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for MGSM MIM
MGSM wants students who can demonstrate that they will take advantage of all of MGSM’s exceptional possibilities, both academic and non-academic. Furthermore, they are looking for persons who can assist other students in having a better experience. The institution seeks intellectual leaders with exceptional academic ability, as well as the desire and commitment to make a difference in the world.
The college seeks individuals who can rethink conventional methods and apply cutting-edge thinking to avoid uncommon obstacles. The essay demonstrates the abilities that distinguish you as an ideal candidate for the MIM programme at MGSM Sloan.
- Demonstrate how your informal and/or non-formal prior learning experiences satisfy the equivalence criteria for the unit or MGSM program of study for which you seek RPL. (Please refer to MGSM’s RPL Management Plan for relevant, unit or program-specific equivalence criteria and provide sufficient information to support your application below).
- What is the most important thing that you would like us to know that is not in your résumé or application?
- Show us an activity you enjoy doing. Tell us how you think it contributes to your personal and professional development.
Applicants are required to upload a 1 minute (60 seconds) video as part of their application. In your video, you should introduce yourself to your future classmates, tell us about your past experiences, and touch on why MGSM is the best place for you to pursue your degree.
The goal is to be precise and show the adcom that you have done your homework by talking about groups, courses, and the community as a whole. Furthermore, the more precise you are, the easier it will be for the adcom to determine whether or not you are a good fit for the program.
Guidelines to keep in mind:
- No more than 1 minute (60 seconds) in length
- Single take (no editing)
- Speaking directly to the camera
- Do not include background music or subtitles
Letter of Recommendation for MGSM MIM
A thorough recommendation can reveal a great deal about you. Make sure you choose someone qualified to speak about your professional accomplishments and leadership potential. Two letters of recommendation are required for MIM applicants. It is preferable to have a recommendation from a professional source, preferably a manager or supervisor. Family members’ proposals are not accepted.
Interview Questions for MGSM MIM
Interviews are only available to those who have been invited. They are a necessary part of the procedure. An invitation to interview indicates that your application has progressed to the next step of review, but it does not ensure acceptance. Prior to the interview, those who have been invited to participate will be requested to answer two extra questions.
Interview Questions (Set 1)
- What can you tell me about yourself?
- Could you please walk me through your resume?
- Why pursue a MIM? Why did you choose Macquarie as your school?
- Why do a MIM now rather than later? Why pursue a MIM at this point in your career?
- What are your short- and long-term objectives?
- What is your backup plan in the event that consulting/investment banking does not pan out?
- What are your main assets? Could you please provide some examples?
- What is your greatest flaw? Could you please provide some examples?
- What value can you bring to the class?
- Why should we offer you admission?
- Is there a reason why we shouldn’t choose you?
- Prepare yourself by thinking about your interests and hobbies. Questions as simple as “Why do you do poetry (or any other activity)?” could be asked.
- Several Situational and Behavioral Issues.
- What do you consider to be your most significant accomplishment to date?
- Give me an example of a time when you were in a team, and there was a conflict. How did you deal with it?
- Tell me about an instance when you failed to meet a client’s expectations. What happened, and how did you try to make things right?
- Case questions are frequently asked in MIM interviews, particularly by consulting candidates.
- What is the maximum number of golf balls that can fit on a Boeing 747?
- What is the size of the global smartphone market?
- Do you have any questions that you’d want to ask us?
What makes MGSM MIM Unique
A lesser-known aspect among many prospective students is the Global Leadership Program (GLP). It is a University-funded extracurricular program that is open to all students and can be undertaken alongside any degree at Macquarie. The GLP gives the students the opportunity to get a global education right here on campus and will inspire them to connect with the local and international community through practical experiences that have leadership, international, or cross-cultural focus. MGSM considers the art of establishing high-performing teams to be critical to tackling today’s business issues, and it works to nurture successful teams and leaders via action-based learning in the field.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is MGSM MIM a decent place to get a MIM?
Most candidates for MGSM’s MIM program are aware that it is one of the elite business schools.
How tough is it to get into the MGSM MIM programme?
With a 40% admittance rate, MGSM is one of the most competitive institutions in Australia. The MIM program boasts one of the largest entering classes in the country, allowing more candidates the option to begin on a top b-school adventure.
Is there a scholarship programme at MGSM?
The Macquarie University MGSM scholarship provides financial assistance to domestic and foreign students entering their chosen Macquarie PG degree. For MGSM Scholarship candidates, the MGSM committee has strict eligibility, application, and selection criteria.
Tuition fees for their selected program are reduced by up to 25% for MGSM Scholarship winners.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services