Michigan’s Ross School of Business
Master of Management
Applying for Michigans Ross School of Business?
Know how we can increase your Chances by 300%
Introduction – Michigan’s Ross School of Business
Have you heard about the Michigan Ross MiM? Do you want to be a member of a successful Michigan Ross team? This blog contains the Michigans Ross School of Business MiM review. The University of Michigan business school is a renowned public research university in the United States, founded in 1817. The university, which is located in Ann Arbor, one of the top college cities in the United States, is home to over 46,000 students from 139 countries and all 50 states. Ross school of business undergraduate tuition is affordable and they account for over two-thirds of the students. The 3207-acre Ann Arbor campus is home to the University of Michigan business school. In addition, there are regional campuses in Flint and Dearborn. The average freshman retention rate at U-M is 97 percent, which is also a sign of student satisfaction.
Michigan Ross MiM Overview
Michigan Ross Master in management (MiM) is the number one MiM program in the US, and it enables students to specialize in their studies in pursuit of their career goals and take up positions such as Consultants, product manager, or financial expert. After the MiM program at Michigan, students get the opportunity to build their network and leverage them to excel in their careers by attending guest lectures or workshops hosted by their partner companies.
Michigan Ross MiM Highlights
Program and Curriculum
Michigan Ross MiM is a 10 months intensive program intended for recent non-business graduates with up to 0-2 years of work experience and the program structure prepares students extensively for their careers. Students also get to discover action-based learning experiences while tapping into the foundation of business fundamentals through core courses and electives and implement knowledge into real business challenges.
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Evaluating Financial Performance
- Applied Business Statistic and Analytics
- Applied Microeconomics
- Operations Management
- Positive Leadership and Organizing
- Business Communication for Managers
- World Economy
- Cost Management and Control
- Advanced Business French
- Positive Communication
- Entrepreneurship Practicum
- Capital Market and Investment Strategy
- Internal Financial Management
- Introducing Microfinance
- Understanding the Chinese Consumer
- Doing Business in German
- Corporate Investment Decisions
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Financial Trading
- Real Estate Finance and Investment
- Digital Social Media
- Advertising Management
- Introduction to Managing Human Capital
- New Product and Innovation Management
- Marketing Research Design and Analytics
- Understanding Industry Growth in Chile
Michigan Ross School of Business holds various events annually such as:
- ABSAP Conference – An annual conference that involves various school representatives visiting to share ideas and practices.
- UpClose – A weekend program to attract students from all backgrounds to join Ross.
- WILC – Women in Leadership Conference is organized by Michigan Business Women for current and prospective students with a keynote address by an industry professional.
Michigan Ross School of Business is home to a number of clubs with the likes of:
- Adam Smith Society
- Automotive Club
- Business Analytics Club
- Emerging Markets Club
- Give-a-Day Fund
- Human Capital Club
- Ice Hockey Club
- Japan Business Association
- Michigan Business Women
- Outdoor Club
- Photography at Ross
- Smart Cities Club
- Tech Club
- Wolverine Wine Club
And, many more.
Do you have a Profile that is good enough for Top Schools?
Take our Free Profile Evaluation & Find Out
98% of MiM graduates from Michigan Ross get placed within 6 months of graduation. Options are pretty high for global jobs as well. Graduates can work in a wide range of sectors.
Top 3 Sectors
2- Financial Services
Top companies recruiting from Michigan Ross MiM
- Ernst & Young
- Goldman Sachs
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $14,700|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $5,000|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earnings)||4 years|
Which Schools are Dream, Competitive & Safe for you?
Find via our Profile Evaluation
Michigan Ross Alumni Info
The Michigan Ross alumni are known to successfully work as top executives and entrepreneurs across the globe and have carved a niche for themselves in various sectors. From analyst and consultant positions in EY, IBM, Oracle, Deloitte, Amazon, Google, Apple, etc to founders of influential business enterprises, they have accomplished it all.
Master of Management students have received several outstanding offers for positions in a diverse set of industries, including consulting, technology, consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, hospitality, retail, and the public sector. Positions include roles in finance, marketing, consulting, sales, and business development, among others.
Some Famous Alumni
- Larry Page: Co-Founder of Google
- Bharat Desai: CEO, Co-Founder & President of Syntel
- Tom S. Monaghan: Founder & Former Owner of Domino’s Pizza
Michigan’s Ross School of Business provides action-based learning and different kind of resources to help students improve their skills to get recruited in top business firms.
- Recent graduate
- Students with a non-business/business minor are eligible for the Master of Management program.
AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Book a Free Strategy Session to understand how we can help you get into the World’s Best Schools.
The application requirements for Michigan Ross are given below. Entrance exams scores are required for Michigan Ross MiM like the GRE/GMAT score. The applicant is recommended that a strong essay, LOR, and other transcripts help you gain admission at Michigan Ross. GMAT/GRE scores are also required.
- Transcripts must be submitted from every undergraduate or post-graduate institution you’ve attended.
- GMAT/GRE Reports, If your official score report is not available when you submit your application, unofficial GMAT or GRE score reports will be considered.
- One-page professional resume
- 4 short Essays
- Two recommendation forms
- Non-refundable application fee of $75 for domestic students or $100 for international students
- If your native language is not English, you must demonstrate competence by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- International applicants only: TOEFL results, dated within two years of your application to Ross. IELTS results are not accepted.
The Michigan Ross MiM application comprises of 4 short essays of around 200 words. The essays are used as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top notch.
What has lead you to pursue a graduate degree in business? (200-word maximum. Content beyond 200 words will not be reviewed.)
How will the Master of Management program support you in achieving your short- and long- term career goals? (200-word maximum. Content beyond 200 words will not be reviewed.)
Michigan Ross deeply values student engagement beyond the classroom. Please describe two or three ways in which you plan to be involved as a contributing member of the Michigan Ross community. (200-word maximum. Content beyond 200 words will not be reviewed.)
Choose one (1) short answer prompt from the list below. (200-word maximum. Content beyond 200 words will not be reviewed.)An academic challenge I faced as a college student is/was…
- My best friend would describe me as…
- My client at work would describe me as…
- I am most proud of…
- My mentor is… because…
- A time that I went above and beyond expectations was…
- An academic or professional goal that I set for myself is/was…
- My greatest responsibility is/has been…
- If I could have lunch with anyone, it would be… because…
How to get into Michigan Ross?
To get into Michigan Ross, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Select your deadline
2. Order your transcripts
3. Submit the required tests scores
4. Update your resume
5. Choose your recommender
6. Prepare for the interview
7. Pay for the application
Why Michigan Ross?
Through its REAL programmes, the University of Michigans Ross programme prioritises hands-on experiential learning opportunities, giving students the opportunity to work on consulting projects for major corporations, make live real estate investments from a pool of student-run capital, or work on an entrepreneurial venture.
How to check application decision status for Michigan Ross?
To check the application decision status for Michigan Ross, you’ll need to check the Common Application or Coalition Application to determine if your application was submitted successfully. You will receive an email with your U-M ID and login credentials for Enrollment Connect, an online portal for all your application needs, including tracking your checklist and application status, receiving important messages from your office, viewing your application decision, and more, within 3-5 days of successful submission.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services
Other schools you can check
Imperial College Business School Ranks 2nd in the UK and 15th in the world. The MSc Management program is an intensive, full-time, one-year program that prepares graduates coming from diverse academic…
The LSE MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at LSE and understand if it would be the correct choice for them.
UCL is a world-class business school in central London. It has been ranked amongst the top-notch B-schools in Europe and its MSc Finance program is an internationally known master’s program, bringing together expert lectures and brilliant minds.