MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Masters in Engineering Management
MIT MEM Overview
The Master of Engineering Management(MEM), also known as System Design and Management is an interdisciplinary, 16-month program that prepares mid-career professionals for top-managerial roles.Professionals have the opportunity to interact with faculty members who are leaders in their field. Capstone projects involve students in finding solutions to real world problems, providing experiences that can boost their managerial abilities.The professionals learn to use system thinking to understand the technical, managerial and societal components large-scale complex challenges, and discover how these components influence each other as part of a larger systems.
MIT MEM Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’19|
Want to know your chances at MIT?
Program and Curriculum
Masters in Engineering Management at MIT has an interdisciplinary curriculum that is taught by the faculty experts from all departments in MIT’s School of Engineering and Sloan School of Management as well as by faculty from MIT’s School of Science and School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers a graduate certificate in Systems and Product Development which is a one-year program and complements the MEM/SDM degree. It is designed to move corporations towards a shared definition of systems engineering core capabilities and is offered to employees of SDM corporations.
100% of the MIT MEM graduates found employment within 6 months. The average salary of an MIT graduate, has been proven to increase by approximately 63% post- graduating.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 3 Sectors
Companies recruiting from HEC Paris MiM
- Bain & Company
- Bank of America
- American express
MIT MEM Alumni Info
The MIT MEM alumni network of 1000+ members is a rich source of finding talented and seasoned professionals. SDM strives to create opportunities for continued engagement with program faculty, current students, research initiatives, top talent, and the broader MIT community. This is the hub for what’s happening at SDM and around the world among SDM alums.
Some Famous Alumni
- Hans D Schumacher – Senior Vice President, Business Technology Group, Bank of America
- Bruce Hoopes – VP Engineering, UTC Fire and Security
- Bob Smith – VP, Honeywell International corp.
- Freddie Douglas – Manager, Office of safety and mission assurance, NASA
Masters in Engineering Management : Class Profile
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
A System Design & Management (SDM) education offers a customizable curriculum and flexible matriculation options.
- High credit load – earn a degree in 12 to 16 months
- Low credit load – earn a degree in 16 to 21 months
- Distance learning – earn a degree in 21 months
- B.S. degree in engineering
- 5 or more years of professional engineering experience
Masters in Engineering Management Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 10th January,2020|
|Round 2 2nd March, 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
Check out what our Past MIT clients say about our Services
My experience with MiM essay team was really good. The way the MiM team works is unlike any other consultancy. I was impressed by how the work had started with the filling of a detailed form so that my consultant Krishna could have a better insight into my achievements and the drawbacks of my profile. He helped me not only with my essays but also guided me for my interview which definitely made me stand out. I couldn’t have done it without MiM-Essay. 10/10 *
The experience with Mim-essay was great. I had my doubts about using an online service and not being able to meet the counselor in person but it turned out to be amazing. Also, Vanessa always replied to my messages and emails on time and helped me perfect my essays, no matter how many edits it took. Vanessa provided a lot of important information, which helped me take an informed decision while choosing the university.
- $75 application fee
- Copy of transcripts
- Updated resume
- 3 letters of recommendation
- GRE or GMAT scores
- IELTS 7.5+ (If no certificat
The MIT MEM application comprises of 2 essays. Like most universities, MIT also takes its essays very seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top-notch.
Statement of objective
- Why do you wish to join the SDM Program? How does this fit with your future plans? (300-700 words)
Leadership Essay: A short essay that answers one of the following questions. (limit 300 words)
- 1. Please describe a specific experience you have had of working in and leading teams. Include any specific challenges you have faced.
- 2. Please provide an example of how you’ve demonstrated leadership skills. Please provide detail about the specific experience(s) and the results.