MS In Marketing USA
In today’s time there is a need more professionals who can’t just take orders and carry out specific tasks but also have the necessary leadership skills to lead a team of professionals. At the same time, it is very difficult for newly minted bachelor’s degree holders to make a concrete name for themselves in the business world.
The companies need for leaders and students need to build a strong career can be easily solved. Masters courses in any one of the management fields will help a professional reach a higher career goal. Of all the Master’s courses that a student can opt for the ones which have proven to have a positive effect is MS in Marketing. MS in Marketing, after Bachelor’s in Business Administration, is one of the courses which has the largest student following in the world.
The university one chooses to study at is just as important a factor as is the course one chooses to pursue. One of the countries which are considered to be the hub for international studies for many years now in the United States of America. Following is an overview of the course and how it would be doing MS In Marketing in USA.
What is Marketing?
Marketing is a very important part of running a business as they are the people making sure that the company stays relevant. They carry out extensive research, not only of the market but also study the strategies of their competitions. Using this information, they can advise a change in the business model or a change in products/services provided in order to keep the company going.
Marketing professionals are an important asset to companies, as they help steer the companies ship in the right direction. If they make the wrong choice, then it could lead the business to be driven into an iceberg. It is a demanding and crucial job, but the professionals who are selected in this field are awarded handsomely and get to meet a large network of influential people.
Benefits of pursuing MS In Marketing in the USA
- Universities in the United States are well-known and recognized by professionals all over the world ass being the best. Being awarded a master’s from one of these universities gives great credibility to the student and confidence to the employer when they hire you.
- The universities and education system that they follow gives more importance to imparting knowledge to the students, rather than focusing on course schedules. The universities offer full-time and part-time courses to students, letting them decide the pace at which they can comfortably complete their education.
- Traveling to an international destination may seem frightening, but it is a great opportunity to learn new insight into how the world works. The universities in the USA are known for their higher intellect and methods of teaching. Some of this intellect and out-of-the-box thinking may awaken the creativity in you.
- The United States has been a safe haven and home to many immigrants for centuries now. The United States has always welcomed international students to their universities and has made them feel at home. This is a great opportunity for the students too, as they get to mingle around with students hailing from all around the world.
Student Visa Policy in the USA
In order to apply for a student visa, students first need to apply for admissions in colleges. Once confirmation of admission has been received by the student, they can start the process of applying for a student visa.
Firstly, you need to find out what type of visa is applicable to you. There are three types
F1 Student visa
This is the most common visa type applied for by students. A student is eligible for an F1 student visa if the program they applied for requires them to study for more than 18 hours in a week. This is a visa applicable to undergraduate and graduate programs.
J1 Exchange Visitor visa
This visa is applicable to working professionals who plan on visiting the country as part of an exchange program. The visit may be as a visiting scholar in one of the universities or professionals seeking 10-month vocational training.
M-1 Vocational/Non-Academic Student Visa
This visa is applicable for students traveling to the United States in order to pursue a vocational and technical school. Though similar in the process as the F1 visa, the M-1 visa has certain restrictions. Holders are not allowed to overstay the time period of the visa and the visa is time-stamped as soon as you step foot into the country.
Spouses and children are allowed to travel with the holder of the student visa; however, they can only do so under their own specific visa category. J2 visa category for the family members of J1 visa holders and F2 visa category for the F1 visa holders will be issued on request.
As all things have shifted to online these days, so has the visa application process. you can apply for the visa and pay the application fees online and on the informed date arrive at one of the national embassies for your interview. The following documents must be submitted with your visa application
- Valid passport (expiry date should be six months after your visa expires minimum)
- A printed copy of the DS-160 form filled online
- Interview appointment letter
- I-20 form sent by the college where your admission was approved
- Visa fees payment confirmation
- Proof of finance (bank statements of the previous three years)
- Original mark sheet of qualifications so far
- Score sheets of entrance exams given (TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, etc)
Other than bank statements, proof of financial resources can be given in the form of
- Tax returns
- Salary slips
- Statement from certified Chartered Accountant
- Proof of Scholarship (if applicable)
- Loan approval letter
Cost of living in the USA
- Accommodation – $200
- Electricity – $20
- Groceries – $150
- International calling card – $15
- Home Internet – $15
- Cell phone – $50
- Entertainment – $100
Many students in order to make ends meet pick up work locally. Your student visa allows you to work privileges with some restrictions. Students in their first year are not allowed to work off-campus. Second-year onwards, students can work 20 hours per week when schools in session, and 40 hours per week during the break season.
Top Colleges for MS in Marketing in USA
1) Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
The Wharton School, earlier called Wharton School of Finance and Economy, has been a part of the university for a significant amount of time (est. 1881). It is famously known as the school which has given the world the highest number of billionaires
2) Columbia Business School, Columbia University
Columbia Business School is part of the university campus in Manhattan and was established in 1916, making it one of the oldest Ivy League business schools. They offer many prestigious courses to their 1,500 students.
3) Questrom School of Business, Boston University
4) Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
The Carlson School of Management is a part of the University of Minnesota and functions as a business school for the university ever since it was established in 1919. Currently, a total of 4,600 students (graduates, post-graduates and doctoral candidates) are studying under the school.
5) Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Sloan School of Management was MIT’s way of expanding their expertise in the business sector, and so they have. Since 1914, Sloan school has been training efficient business professionals
Jobs and Salaries after MS in Marketing USA
- Consultants – 37 %
- Finance – 24 %
- High Technology – 8%
- Consumer Goods and foods – 7%
- Industries/utilities – 6%
- Media, leisure and tourism – 5%
The salary awarded to the students of MS in Marketing depends on many factors. It has been seen that most students find work within 3 months of completing their courses and make anywhere from $68,000 to $99,000 per annum as a starting salary.
Want to know which college is the best fit for you to do a MSc in Marketing Programme?
Take Our Free Profile Evaluation Now!