MSc Marketing in USA: Top Colleges, Fees, Scholarship, and More
Know your chances of getting in the Best Colleges for MSc Marketing in USA.
In today’s time there is a need more professionals who can’t just take orders and carry out specific tasks but also have the necessary leadership skills to lead a team of professionals. At the same time, it is very difficult for newly minted bachelor’s degree holders to make a concrete name for themselves in the business world.
The companies need for leaders and students need to build a strong career can be easily solved. Masters courses in any one of the management fields will help a professional reach a higher career goal. Of all the Master’s courses that a student can opt for the ones which have proven to have a positive effect is MS in Marketing. MS in Marketing, after Bachelor’s in Business Administration, is one of the courses which has the largest student following in the world.
The university one chooses to study at is just as important a factor as is the course one chooses to pursue. One of the countries which are considered to be the hub for international studies for many years now in the United States of America. Following is an overview of the course and how it would be doing MS In Marketing in USA.
Sales skills have been around as long as there have been people providing goods and services for exchange of money. In order to sell products or services, companies need to learn and study about the correct kind of consumers whom they need to target as their key dynamic.
Marketing is a very important part of running a business as they are the people making sure that the company stays relevant. They carry out extensive research, not only of the market but also study the strategies of their competitions. Using this information, they can advise a change in the business model or a change in products/services provided in order to keep the company going.
Marketing professionals are an important asset to companies, as they help steer the companies ship in the right direction. If they make the wrong choice, then it could lead the business to be driven into an iceberg. It is a demanding and crucial job, but the professionals who are selected in this field are awarded handsomely and get to meet a large network of influential people.
Benefits of pursuing MS In Marketing in the USA
- Universities in the United States are well-known and recognized by professionals all over the world ass being the best. Being awarded a master’s from one of these universities gives great credibility to the student and confidence to the employer when they hire you.
- The universities and education system that they follow gives more importance to imparting knowledge to the students, rather than focusing on course schedules. The universities offer full-time and part-time courses to students, letting them decide the pace at which they can comfortably complete their education.
- Traveling to an international destination may seem frightening, but it is a great opportunity to learn new insight into how the world works. The universities in the USA are known for their higher intellect and methods of teaching. Some of this intellect and out-of-the-box thinking may awaken the creativity in you.
- The United States has been a safe haven and home to many immigrants for centuries now. The United States has always welcomed international students to their universities and has made them feel at home. This is a great opportunity for the students too, as they get to mingle around with students hailing from all around the world.
Eligibility Criteria of MSC in Marketing in USA
In order to pursue any master’s degree programme in the United States, look into the following:
- You must have finished an educational curriculum of 10+2+4 years or a total of 16 years.
- You must take the GMAT or GRE
- Submit your results along with the four-year bachelor’s degree.
- In your bachelor’s degree, English and Mathematics must be your key disciplines.
- On a scale of 4.0, you should have a minimum score of 80% or a GPA of 3.0.
- Students from non-English speaking countries must appear for IELTS or TOEFL tests. The minimum required scores for these tests vary by university.
Student Visa Policy in the USA
In order to apply for a student visa, students first need to apply for admissions in colleges. Once confirmation of admission has been received by the student, they can start the process of applying for a student visa.
Firstly, you need to find out what type of visa is applicable to you. There are three types
F1 Student visa
This is the most common visa type applied for by students. A student is eligible for an F1 student visa if the program they applied for requires them to study for more than 18 hours in a week. This is a visa applicable to undergraduate and graduate programs.
J1 Exchange Visitor visa
This visa is applicable to working professionals who plan on visiting the country as part of an exchange program. The visit may be as a visiting scholar in one of the universities or professionals seeking 10-month vocational training.
M-1 Vocational/Non-Academic Student Visa
This visa is applicable for students traveling to the United States in order to pursue a vocational and technical school. Though similar in the process as the F1 visa, the M-1 visa has certain restrictions. Holders are not allowed to overstay the time period of the visa and the visa is time-stamped as soon as you step foot into the country.
Spouses and children are allowed to travel with the holder of the student visa; however, they can only do so under their own specific visa category. J2 visa category for the family members of J1 visa holders and F2 visa category for the F1 visa holders will be issued on request.
As all things have shifted to online these days, so has the visa application process. you can apply for the visa and pay the application fees online and on the informed date arrive at one of the national embassies for your interview. The following documents must be submitted with your visa application
- Valid passport (expiry date should be six months after your visa expires minimum)
- A printed copy of the DS-160 form filled online
- Interview appointment letter
- I-20 form sent by the college where your admission was approved
- Visa fees payment confirmation
- Proof of finance (bank statements of the previous three years)
- Original mark sheet of qualifications so far
- Score sheets of entrance exams given (TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT, etc)
Other than bank statements, proof of financial resources can be given in the form of
- Tax returns
- Salary slips
- Statement from certified Chartered Accountant
- Proof of Scholarship (if applicable)
- Loan approval letter
The cost of studies is another essential aspect to discuss when applying to study abroad. It primarily consists of three components: pre-arrival fees, university tuition, and post-arrival costs. Students can plan for expenses in the form of scholarships in the United States by budgeting ahead of time.
Cost of Preparation
Pre-arrival costs include charges incurred while applying to universities. These fees include application, student visa, and test fees for students studying in the United States. The following is a rough estimate of the cost:
|Type of expense||Cost in USD|
|Flight fare (one-way)||700|
|F-1 Visa Fee||170|
Fees for an MSC in Marketing in USA
Annual tuition rates for top universities in the United States providing an MS in Marketing range from 28,500 USD to 74,500 USD. The most expensive tuition fees are charged by John Hopkins and Columbia Universities.
The annual cost of obtaining an MS in Marketing in the United States for Indian students ranges from 21 LPA to 56 LPA INR. To cover this large sum, you can look for scholarships for Indian students in the United States.
The Cost of Living in the United States
For an international student, the average cost of living in the United States is roughly $15,000 per year. The sum depends on your lifestyle, the sort of housing you pick, and the various services you use while studying here. The following are the expected costs of multiple expenses:
|Type of Expense||Cost in USD/ year|
|Apartment rent||9600 – 14400|
|Travel||1440 – 3000|
|Food cost and grocery||3000|
|Gas and electricity||2000|
Scholarships offered for MSC in Marketing in USA
When it comes to the cost of studying in the United States, the country is expensive. However, many organisations and institutions offer loans, scholarships, and bursaries to assist students with their financial needs. The following are some of the scholarships available for students:
- Academic Merit Scholarship at FIU Online
- International Fellowship of the American Association of University Women
- Partial-Tuition Fellowship SGA Residential Scholarship
The amount of a scholarship varies depending on the institution that offers it.
MSC in Marketing in USA Admissions Process
Every university has its own application process, which may be found on the university’s website. The following documents, on the other hand, are almost always necessary to complete the process:
1. Documents Required for an MSC in Marketing in USA.
International applicants interested in pursuing a master’s degree in marketing in the United States must submit the following documents with their application.
- 10th, 12th, and Bachelor’s transcripts
- Revised work experience on résumé
- Letters of Recommendations
- Goals and Objectives
- Proof of work experience
- Essays (as per the university’s requirements)
- Proof of financial support: Applicants must submit a bank statement demonstrating a minimum account balance sufficient to cover their first-year tuition and fees.
2. VISA Requirements for a Master of Marketing in the United States
According to the application process of US universities, students must have the following documents to obtain a US student visa:
- A valid passport that is valid for at least six months after your stay in the country is required.
- DS-160 is a data collection form (Nonimmigrant visa application confirmation page)
- Payment of the application fee
- If you are seeking a student visa, you must have Form I-20 on hand (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status)
- If applying for a work visa, the receipt number on the petition filed by the U.S. employer (I-129 form).
- Original Marks Sheets or Provisional Certificates
- Score sheets from standardised tests such as the IELTS (6.5 or equivalent), TOEFL, GMAT, and GRE.
- Evidence indicates the candidate expects to depart the country once the programme is completed.
- A personal interview at a US embassy or consulate is also required as part of the application procedure.
Top Colleges for MS in Marketing in USA
1) Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
The Wharton School, earlier called Wharton School of Finance and Economy, has been a part of the university for a significant amount of time (est. 1881). It is famously known as the school which has given the world the highest number of billionaires
2) Columbia Business School, Columbia University
Columbia Business School is part of the university campus in Manhattan and was established in 1916, making it one of the oldest Ivy League business schools. They offer many prestigious courses to their 1,500 students.
3) Questrom School of Business, Boston University
4) Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
The Carlson School of Management is a part of the University of Minnesota and functions as a business school for the university ever since it was established in 1919. Currently, a total of 4,600 students (graduates, post-graduates and doctoral candidates) are studying under the school.
5) Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Sloan School of Management was MIT’s way of expanding their expertise in the business sector, and so they have. Since 1914, Sloan school has been training efficient business professionals
Job opportunities after completing MSA marketing in USA
A Masters in Marketing USA prepares graduates with the enhanced knowledge and abilities required for management jobs in a variety of sectors including product sales and promotion. Students in these programmes gain a strong foundation in marketing fundamentals through courses in finance, strategic planning, and database management. They might be able to specialise in digital marketing or brand management, for example. Let’s take a look at some marketing master’s degree careers.
Let’s take a look at some of the specific careers that a marketing degree might lead to.
A marketing manager is one of the marketing graduate job options. Marketing managers are responsible for coordinating the marketing department of a company as well as formulating and analysing marketing strategies. They market products and services in order to maximise profits while maintaining consumer happiness. Estimating product or service demand, establishing the best markets for the items, pricing products effectively, and inventing new products are among their responsibilities.
Marketing managers keep an eye on marketing trends and must be knowledgeable of how the economy affects their employer’s and competitors’ services and goods. The marketing manager is also in charge of human resource and supervisory functions, such as hiring, training, appraising, and managing marketing workers.
Salary Information for Marketing Managers
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the average yearly masters in marketing USA pay for marketing managers was $135,900 in 2019.
Advertising managers work for advertising agencies, media organisations, or a company’s advertising department, where they execute general management activities including hiring and firing workers, as well as functions particular to the advertising sector. They serve as a link between the company that needs advertising and the company that provides the advertising. Advertising managers develop, oversee, and analyse advertising campaigns in partnership with sales, promotions, creative design, and finance employees.
Television, the Internet, radio, billboards, direct mail, newspapers, and magazines that may all be used in these promotions. Advertising managers at larger firms may have more specialised positions, such as media director or design manager, whilst those in smaller firms may have a broader range of responsibilities.
Salary Information for Advertising Managers
According to the BLS, the yearly median compensation for advertising and promotions managers in 2019 was $133,090.
Sales managers aim to boost sales. They function as a conduit between sales reps and distributors. Sales managers sift through data to identify the best product inventory and distribution. They also manage sales staff, including creating and tracking sales targets, providing training, assuring excellent customer service, and assigning sales territory. Through conferences, trade exhibits, and continuous engagement with customers, salespeople can stay up to date on product information, marketing trends, and the client wants.
Salary Information for Sales Managers
Despite the fact that the BLS reported a median annual income of $126,640 for sales managers in 2019, earnings vary due to the range of items and services that sales managers may be marketing.
Public Relations Manager
It is the role of public relations managers to build and maintain a positive public image for a business’s survival. Managers of public relations examine an organization’s goals and needs before devising a strategy for improving its public image and promoting ideas that will benefit the company. They reply to media requests and promote a positive image for their employer through speeches, press releases, and other types of media. Public relations managers need to be aware of societal issues and trends since they advise businesses on how to communicate effectively with the media and the public, as well as help them clarify their positions on contentious matters.
Salary Information for a Public Relations Manager
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, public relations and fundraising managers made a median annual compensation of $116,180 in 2019, though this varies depending on the sort of work.
Choosing to study in the United States raises the value of your education, and pursuing a specific degree demonstrates your ability. MS Marketing is a popular subject among undergraduates who want to master advanced marketing abilities or who already work in the marketing field.
Graduates of a masters in marketing USA are armed with marketing tools and concepts and are prepared to work in the industry, non-profits, consulting firms, government, and any other setting where a marketing expert with fundamental knowledge is required.
What work do chances exist in the United States after earning a master's degree in marketing?
The following are some of the job openings:
- $61,214 – Marketing Specialist
- $65,355 – Marketing Manager
- $83,750 – Director of Marketing
- $97,440 – Product Marketing Manager
Which country is the finest for a master's degree in marketing?
The top three nations for pursuing a master’s degree in marketing are France, and the United Kingdom, the United States. HEC Paris (France), Imperial College Business School (UK), and Columbia Business School are the leading universities in these countries for pursuing an MS in marketing (USD).
What job prospects exist in the United States for recent MS in Marketing graduates?
A master’s degree in marketing can lead to positions such as sales manager, marketing manager, marketing director, marketing expert, marketing analyst, and public relations manager, among others. Amazon, IPSOS, and IBM are among the top companies that hire marketing graduates.
What is the duration of the MS in Marketing programme?
The MS in Marketing requires 36 semester credit hours to complete. It is possible to complete the programme in one year if you take 12 credit hours per semester, but most students need 18 to two years to complete it. Each semester, international students must take a minimum of nine (9) credit hours. Within six (6) years, the full programme must be completed.
The Master of Science in Marketing is not a cohort programme. Students can begin in any semester, whether it is the fall, spring, or summer.
What if my undergraduate degree isn't in business?
Many of our students hold a bachelor’s degree in a field other than business. Those interested in marketing analytics should have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, or economics. Many students with a liberal arts undergraduate degree do quite well in our programme; nevertheless, those individuals will need to brush up on their quantitative skills in order to pass the GMAT or GRE.