Table of Contents
- Why Study MS in USA?
- Popular Masters Degrees in USA
- Eligibility Criteria for MS in USA
- Top Universities for MS in USA
- Cost of Education and Living in the USA
- Top Scholarships for MS in the USA
USA is home to some of the world’s top universities for a gamut of disciplines. The Master in Science (MS) program from the USA is one of the most popular choice for students with an undergraduate degree in science and relevant disciplines like Data Science, health sciences, Computer science, engineering and many more.
Read along to know all about pursuing MS in USA – from eligibility to internships to financial aid!
Why Study MS in USA?
1. Renowned institutions
An enormous number of the world’s best colleges are situated in the US. As per the QS World University Rankings 2021, 133 universities in the USA fall in the top 200 well recognised universities list worldwide.
The US is home to numerous esteemed schools and universities. Harvard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Caltech, Northwestern University, the University of Chicago, are among a few of the myriad notable institutions. Regardless of the region you decide to pursue your education in, you will have an astonishing number of schools to choose from.
The top-notch education institutes in the USA are bound to equip you with the required skills and transform you into a well-rounded professional.
2. Numerous programs
With more than 4,500 US colleges offering college degrees, and chances to join different subjects as ‘majors’ and ‘minors’, the US is the spot you go in the event that you need to explore different avenues regarding various classes and subjects.
There is no other nation on the planet where you can discover such a differing scope of projects and adaptability.
You will have the option to concentrate on probably the most inventive subjects and cooperate with notable researchers who will direct you during your tenure at the school. The colossal number of US colleges and universities additionally implies you have numerous alternatives with regards to picking the sort of experience you need.
3. Enjoy the student lifestyle
In case you’re stating that student campus life in the US isn’t the principal thing that rings a bell when pondering upon education in the US, you’re most likely lying. By going to a US college, you will find the opportunity to encounter one of the most intriguing societies, yet in addition, communicate with different students from all sides of the world and broaden your perspective.
Every individual has envisioned at any rate once about living in the US, and the simplest method of making your fantasy work out as expected is by going to the US to pursue your education. You can live on-campus, join sports groups, clubs, and organizations or sororities, and have all the astounding encounters you’ve been dreaming about.
4. Upgrade your language skills
Does this at any point need more clarification? The present place of employment requires great degrees of English for most worldwide occupations. What’s more, what better approach to get this expertise than by drenching yourself in a culture where English is the essential language?
Regardless of whether you are well versed with English, you will show signs of improvement in comprehension of the language and vocabulary by communicating with local speakers regularly and by playing out the entirety of your day by day exercises and scholastic errands in English.
5. Make international connections
Try not to settle in the US for educational purposes on the off chance that you are not a devotee of diversity, curiosity, and fascinating ways of life.
The US is the top choice for most students worldwide, you ought to encounter the most dynamic set of individuals from all edges of the world every day. Other than becoming more acquainted with more societies and cooperating with fascinating individuals, you will likely make deep-rooted associations and get back realizing that you have new companionships that will last a lifetime.
6. Get international experience for your CV
The great reputation adorned by US universities without any hesitation attracts renowned international companies looking to hire fresh graduates.
That said, deciding on pursuing your further education in US, is the first step taken towards building an international career. Moreover, with the vast opportunities available, you will also be able to hone your skills and gain practical knowledge by undertaking internships in your desired field. Thus, studying at a university in the US will equip you with the required international experience that will help you perform outstandingly in your career.
7. Acquire a new perspective
Pursuing studies abroad is plainly an intriguing encounter, however, studying in a spot so varied and complex as the United States is all the more entrancing. International students state that pursuing their education in the US, has helped them escape their usual range of familiarity, become increasingly liberal, and expand their viewpoints.
Studying in the US would be an important encounter that’ll grow your perspective on the world and of your own life. You will experience professional as well as personal growth.
Popular Masters Degrees in USA
- Masters in Finance/Financial Management
- Masters in Management
- Masters in Computer Science
- Master of Marketing
- Master of petroleum engineering
- Master of Education
- Master of Entrepreneurship
- Master in Data Science
Eligibility Criteria for MS in USA
MS in USA is offered across several universities in the country and each university has its personalized criteria for admission. However, the basic requirements are:
- Minimum 16 years of previous education with an average cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Pervious education Transcripts
- Competitive tests score (GMAT/GRE)
- English Language Proficiency Score (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE)
Top Universities for MS in USA
There are numerous renowned universities in USA, however, the top universities for specifically MS in USA are are follows:
- Bellevue University
- Boston University
- Duke University
- Columbia University
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Minnesota
- Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California
- University of Texas
- Purdue University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cost of Education and Living in the USA
Considering the total investment including costs of education and living expenses in the USA, is perhaps one of the aspects of planning that ought to be tended to carefully as the effectiveness of this plan will most certainly affect the period of study of an individual. On this note, the varied expenses that sum up the entire journey of MS in the USA are quoted below.
The average annual cost of education including tuition fees and study material rounds up to approximately $21,000 in public universities and $47,000 in private universities.
The accommodation costs are expenses that vary across the country, depending largely on the region you plan to reside in. Apartment prices generally fall under the range of $500 to $1500. Keep in mind that rural areas may offer a lower price as compared to quotes in the city. Apart from individual accommodation, you may as well check out campus accommodation which undoubtedly will turn out to be cheaper.
While utility costs are rarely included in the rental package, here is the breakdown of how exactly these costs would look like:
- Electricity – Electricity costs may go up to $150/month depending on the usage including heating
- Gas – $50-$100/month
- Water, sewer & trash – $75-$100/quarter
- Internet – the average monthly cost is likely to sum up to approximately $50/month
- Mobile phone – if you choose a plan with data, you may expect to pay a monthly charge of up to $50.
These expenses are again varying factors in a budget and depend on how lavishly you choose to spend your stay. Speaking of groceries, you will end up paying anything between $20-$40. As for transportation costs, availing student discounts you can easily expect a monthly allowance of $60 in your budget.
Top Scholarships for MS in the USA
While pursuing MS in the USA is a fruitful decision to make, it is without any doubt an expensive affair that indicates external financial support. It is very important to plan the intended tenure of stay thoroughly and create budgets for the expenditure. That said, availing relief at the end of the tuition fee can assist in relieving the financial burden to a huge extent. Below states are the top scholarships offered for all international students who intend to pursue their MS in USA.
- Fulbright-Nehru Master's Fellowships: The Fulbright-Nehru Master's Fellowships are offered to outstanding Indian students who wish to pursue a Master's degree at select U.S. colleges and universities. This prestigious scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, airfare, and health insurance.
- Tata Scholarship: The Tata Scholarship is provided by the Tata Education and Development Trust and Cornell University. It supports undergraduate studies for Indian students who have been accepted into Cornell University and demonstrates financial need. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses.
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships: The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation offers scholarships to Indian students pursuing a Master's degree at top institutions around the world, including the USA. The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, and other allowances.
- KC Mahindra Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies Abroad: KC Mahindra Scholarships are awarded to Indian students seeking to pursue a postgraduate degree abroad, including in the USA. The scholarship provides financial assistance to cover tuition fees and other expenses.
- Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation Scholarship: The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation provides scholarships to Indian students pursuing postgraduate studies, including MS degrees, in various fields. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses.
- R D Sethna Scholarship: The R D Sethna Scholarship is awarded to Indian students who have completed their undergraduate studies and wish to pursue higher education, including MS degrees, in the USA. The scholarship covers tuition fees and other expenses.
- Rotary Foundation Global Grant Scholarships: The Rotary Foundation offers Global Grant Scholarships for graduate-level studies, including MS degrees, in the USA. Indian students are eligible to apply for these scholarships, which cover tuition fees, travel expenses, and living allowances.
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program: The Aga Khan Foundation provides scholarships to outstanding students from developing countries, including India, to pursue postgraduate studies, including MS degrees, in the USA. The scholarship covers tuition fees and living expenses.
A student’s competitive spirit will undoubtedly be bolstered, and their self-growth will be aided by the variety on campus, the degree requirements, and the general environment.
In conclusion, MS in USA is a fascinating option for anyone considering studying for a master’s degree overseas. You must conduct more research if you are considering this alternative and have university possibilities in mind. If you are considering this alternative, you must conduct more research.