Nova Business School
Masters in Management
NOVA MiM Overview
The NOVA MIM Program is a world known management program specifically designed to provide students with subject-specific skills that are essential to becoming a management leader. A wide range of tracks are available for students with different educational backgrounds, experience and aspirations. There is an option for International Masters Management track which allows students to take a semester abroad or pursue an international 10 weeks internship abroad. Thus, providing them with international exposure,practical experience and the opportunity to build a corporate and international network.
Want to know your chances at Nova Paris?
Program and Curriculum
Developed as an enriching combination of core courses, electives, skill modules, and work project, the course provides students with the required academic rigor and professional knowledge to succeed in management roles. The Program involves an extensive period of professional transformation that prepares the students for global challenges in all industrial milieu. The course starts with a discovery week and a student can choose an area of expertise to focus their master studies on a particular area. There are 9 areas that can be chosen from-
- Accounting & Auditing
- Financial Management
- Digital Business
- Human Resources Management
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Operations Management
- Social Enterprise
- Strategy & International Business
The course provides the students with practical exposure by enabling them to-
- Network with peers and faculty from leading institutions in world capitals such as Dublin, Brussels, London, Madrid, New York, and Sao Paulo.
- Visit innovative and successful companies and their business leaders, and extend your understanding.
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Applied Entrepreneurship
- Big Data Analysis
- Brand Management
- Change and Process Management
- Competition Policy
- Consumer and Managerial Decision Making
- Consumer Behavior
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Strategy
- Corporate Taxation
- Creating and Managing Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Cross-Cultural Issues for Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Digital Marketing
- Distribution Channels
- Economics of Education
- Economics of Health and Health Care
- Entrepreneurial Finance & Venture Capital
- Family Business
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Futures and Options
- Global Business Challenges
- Global Human Resource Management
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- International Business
- International Taxation
- Leadership and Change Management
- Luxury and Fashion Marketing
- Management Control Systems
- Management of Non-Profit Organizations
- Management Seminar
- Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Research
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Restructuring
- Modelling Business Decisions
- Negotiation Analysis
- New Product Development
- Operations Management
- Organisational Theory and Design
- Organization and Incentives
- Persuasion and Negotiation
- Positive Organizations
- Poverty: Concepts and Challenges
- Pricing Strategies
- Private Equity
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Research Methods for Business
- Sales Forces Management & Retailing
- Small Business Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable International Business
- Venture Simulation
- Human Resources
- Quantitative skills
- Corporate Links
- Communication and CreativitY
These modules help the students to get a comprehensive perspective on ethical and ecological issues along with creating a stimulating learning environment.
Each module has a distinctive approach. Study trips to major business cities where students get an opportunity to visit companies, meet NOVA SBE alumni and explore the city give students the opportunity to understand the real time issues faced by corporate companies. Alternatively, they may have to hone their self-leadership and resilience skills in preparation for the start of their professional career or explore the relationship of ethics, social responsibility, and corporate performance in strategic planning, implementation and evaluation through custom-designed modules dedicated to such competences and disciplines.
- Directed Research: an original piece of work on a topic proposed and supervised by a professor. This may also take the form of a case study.
- Field Labs students undertake specific projects that replicate real-life working environments in a controlled setting and with the support of an experienced instructor.
- Internship an internship where students develop a project in a problem-solving format for a company, in response to a pre-defined question/problem raised by the host organization and under the supervision of a Nova faculty member. Students may apply for internships offered by Nova or obtain one directly from a company via their own contacts.
- CEMS LISBON Club
- Masters Student Network
- The Green Nova
- Women in Business Club
- Nova Cultural Event
- Future Talks Sessions
- NOVA Annual Conferences
NOVA School of Business and Economics has a very high rate of employment as per the statistics. Many students earn salaries in six figures after graduating from this programme. The “Mastering your Career” program is focused on providing students with all the support to help them emerge with a career trajectory.
100 % after 6 months
- Consulting & Auditing
- Consumer Goods
- Energy & Utilities
- Media/ Entertainment
- Pharmaceutical & Healthcare
- Retail/ Distribution
Companies recruiting from Nova MiM
- Ernst & Young
- BNP Paribas
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
NOVA has a rich alumni network and the school has created a customized platform to make sure that the entire alumni network is connected seamlessly.
As well as managing the official Nova SBE alumni social networks, Nova also offers all alumni to have already created their online profile exclusive access to the Nova-managed alumni directory.
Alumni are searchable by:
- E-mail address
- Course name
- Course year
The MiM programme at the Nova SBE comes with diverse choices of electives which helps the students to build their skill-set. It allows the students to customize their programme according to their choice, further helping them to fulfill their professional aims.
- Candidates from any Bachelor program are eligible. However, candidates with limited quantitative skills may need to complete bridging courses in August.
- Candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of English language proficiency at level B2. No knowledge of Portuguese is required.
- Professional experience is not a requirement to be admitted. Candidates should have less than 2 years of professional experience
- Should be under 26 years old
€ 11, 650
AMBA, AASCB, & EQUIS
Connect with an NBS expert
Understand How We Can Help you 3X your Chances at NBS with our Services
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Applications open Jan8 – June 15’20|
|CEMS Application January-April’20|
|Double Degree application January- March’20|
Next Deadline Approaching in
- Passport photo
- Copy of ID card
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Grade transcript with full list course list and grades
- Motivation letter/cover letter in English (for Double Degree candidates)
- English Certificate (when available)
- Second foreign language certificate (for International Master in Management)
- Proof of mobility experience (for International Masters in Management)
- Application fee payment receipt (non-refundable fee of 51€ for all applicants)
- Any other documents in English that you think may enrich your application, such as a motivation letter or reference letter
- Additional Application Form (for Double Degree candidates only)
Confirmation of enrolment will be subject to presentation of an Official Graduation Certificate within the first month of classes.
No application essays are required for the Nova SBE MiM Program. Applicants are required to express their strength, and interests through a motivation letter.
When writing the motivational statement the applicant is advised to focus on the following:
- Why do you think that the university and the Master’s program are interesting and suitable for you?
- Focus on some of your strongest qualifications, past experiences (international experiences are always relevant) and qualities; organise the middle paragraphs in terms of the qualifications most relevant to the programme, you can also refer to your CV for more details;
- Conclude by restating your interest and show appreciation for the chance to prove yourself in the letter.
As you can see the Nova SBE MiM Programs application is pretty extensive, & this is a good thing as they want to ensure only top quality students make it through the application process. So make sure you have perfect SOP’s and stellar LOR’s as they WILL make or break your case.
Essay questions for the Nova Fellowship for Excellence:
- State your contribution to the academic life and community in your previous studies (Up to 1000 characters)
- State your extracurricular activities and social engagement (Up to 1000 chars)
- State your academic achievements (remember that your Grade Point Average has already been discriminated above) (Up to 1000 chars)
Once you are done with your application, the Nova SBE board reviews it and if shortlisted you would be called for an Interview round for the SBE MiM Programs.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services