Nova School of Business and Economics MIM Review
Applying for MiM at Nova School of Business?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Nova School of Business and Economics MIM Introduction
AMBA, AASCB, & EQUIS
Nova School of Business & Economics (Nova SBE) is a top business school in Portugal and one of the best in the world for Economics, Finance, and Management. Nova SBE is one of Europe’s top 30 business schools, with over 3000 students from more than 70 nationalities. Besides, it is one of the first business schools in Portugal to receive international accreditation and world-class distinction in higher education.
Nova SBE MIM Class Profile
The school attracts students who are open-minded and intellectually interested from a diversity of backgrounds and interests. Diversity becomes a wonderful strength and an opportunity for students to broaden their minds and develop their network because of their small size, friendly attitude, and emphasis on working in groups.
Average Work Ex
Nova SBE MIM Acceptance Rate
Nova is a well-known university that places a high value on academic accomplishment. This indicates that the most crucial factor to consider when evaluating a candidate is academic proficiency. The most important document in your application is your transcripts, which reveal a lot about your academic motivation and performance over time. Nova is looking for individuals who have excelled in a variety of challenging subjects. The rate of acceptance is 76 percent.
Program and Curriculum of Nova SBE MIM
This program is developed as an enriching combination of core courses, electives, skill modules, and work projects, and the course provides students with the required academic rigour and professional knowledge to succeed in management roles. The program involves an extensive period of professional transformation that prepares the students for global challenges in all industrial milieus. The course starts with a discovery week, and a student can choose an area of expertise to focus their master’s studies on a particular area. There are 9 areas that can be chosen from-
- Accounting & Auditing
- Financial Management
- Digital Business
- Human Resources Management
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Operations Management
- Social Enterprise
- Strategy & International Business
- Human Resources
The electives are offered in the following academic areas:
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Applied Entrepreneurship
- Big Data Analysis
- Brand Management
- Change and Process Management
- Competition Policy
- Consumer and Managerial Decision Making
- Consumer Behaviour
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Strategy
- Corporate Taxation
- Creating and Managing Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Cross-Cultural Issues for Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Digital Marketing
- Distribution Channels
- Economics of Education
- Economics of Health and Health Care
- Entrepreneurial Finance & Venture Capital
- Family Business
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Futures and Options
- Global Business Challenges
- Global Human Resource Management
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- International Business
- International Taxation
- Leadership and Change Management
- Luxury and Fashion Marketing
- Management Control Systems
- Management of Non-Profit Organisations
- Management Seminar
- Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Research
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Restructuring
- Modelling Business Decisions
- Negotiation Analysis
- New Product Development
- Operations Management
- Organisational Theory and Design
- Organization and Incentives
- Persuasion and Negotiation
- Positive Organisations
- Poverty: Concepts and Challenges
- Pricing Strategies
- Private Equity
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Research Methods for Business
- Sales Forces Management & Retailing
- Small Business Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable International Business
- Venture Simulation
The Skills Module has four main areas of focus-
- Quantitative skills
- Corporate Links
- Communication and Creativity
The Work Project
Students must complete a Master’s Work Project, which is equivalent to a Master’s Thesis. This can be developed in the following ways:
- Directed Research: An original piece of work on a topic proposed and supervised by a professor. This may also take the form of a case study.
- Field Lab: Students can undertake specific projects that replicate real-life working environments in a controlled setting and with the support of an experienced instructor.
- Directed Research Internship: An internship where students can develop a project in a problem-solving format for a company in response to a predefined question/problem raised by the host organisation and under the supervision of a Nova faculty member. Students may apply for internships offered by Nova or obtain one directly from a company via their own contacts.
Nova SBE is committed to its students’ overall development. As a result, they provide students with a variety of academic and non-academic clubs and organisations to choose from. During their time at Nova SBE, students can also participate in a variety of internships. These internship possibilities could come from industry partners, allowing students to obtain practical experience.
- Nova Cultural Event
- Future Talks Sessions
- NOVA Annual Conferences
- Nova Social Consulting Club
- Nova Economics Club
- Nova Investment Club
- Marketing Consulting Student Club
- Nova SBE Startup Student Club
- Nova Portfolio Management Club
- Nova Women in Business Club
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into Nova SBE MIM)
- Candidates from any Bachelor’s program are eligible. However, candidates with limited quantitative skills may need to complete bridging courses in August.
- Candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of English language proficiency at level B2. No knowledge of Portuguese is required.
- Professional experience is not a requirement to be admitted. Candidates should have less than two years of professional experience.
- Should be under 26 years old.
Document Related to the Application
- Passport photo
- Copy of ID card
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Grade transcript with full list course list and grades
- Motivation letter/cover letter in English (for Double Degree candidates)
- English Certificate (when available)
- Second foreign language certificate (for International Master in Management)
- Proof of mobility experience (for International Masters in Management)
- Application fee payment receipt (non-refundable fee of 51€ for all applicants)
- Any other documents in English that you think may enrich your application, such as a motivation letter or reference letter
- Additional Application Form (for Double Degree candidates only)
The application fee for the direct application is €70.
Nova SBE MIM Deadlines
To be considered in a round, applicants must submit all application components by the application date indicated for that round. Applications that are not comprehensive will not be considered.
Applications are open from January 4 to April 29 at 11.00 pm Lisbon Time, 2022. Assessments are run monthly. Early applications are recommended.
|1st Deadline||29 APRIL, 2022|
Nova SBE MIM Employment/Placement
NOVA School of Business and Economics has a very high rate of employment as per the statistics. Many students earn salaries in six figures after graduating from this programme. The ‘Mastering your Career’ program is focused on providing students with all the support to help them emerge with a career trajectory.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring Nova SBE MIM Graduates
Nova SBE MiM is intended to give students exposure to business and management. The school’s objective is to train leaders for business, which typically takes them through numerous industries or to entrepreneurial jobs. Furthermore, 94 percent of Nova MiM graduates were employed within six months of graduation, and there are numerous global job opportunities. Graduates have the opportunity to work in various fields.
Companies recruiting from Nova SBE MIM
- Ernst & Young
- Baker Tilly
Nova SBE MIM Alumni Info
NOVA has a rich alumni network, and the school has created a customised platform to make sure that the entire alumni network is connected seamlessly.
As well as managing the official Nova SBE alumni social networks, Nova also offers all alumni who have already created their online profile exclusive access to the Nova-managed alumni directory.
Some Famous Alumni
António Simões – CEO of Santander Spain and the Regional Head of Europe
Vítor Gaspar – Former Minister of Finance and Minister of State
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Nova SBE MIM
Essays for college applications are a fantastic method to impress admissions officers. As a result, personalise your application essay by delving deep into your passion for and desire to learn more about your subject and crafting a response that can only be tied to you.
Q1. Write a motivational letter to express your strengths and interests.
A: When writing the motivational statement, the applicant is advised to focus on the following:
- Why do you think that the university and the Master’s program are interesting and suitable for you?
- Focus on some of your strongest qualifications, past experiences (international experiences are always relevant) and qualities; organise the middle paragraphs in terms of the qualifications most relevant to the programme. You can also refer to your CV for more details.
- Conclude by restating your interest and showing appreciation for the chance to prove yourself in the letter
Q2. What is the most important thing that you would like us to know that is not in your résumé or application?
A: This component is critical in determining who you are as a student and as a person in order to determine the value you could bring to our program. Use this as an opportunity to highlight your distinct qualities and personality. Begin with a powerful introductory paragraph about yourself, both personally and professionally. Then demonstrate your great academic record, professional advancement, client management experience, leadership, and foreign experiences. Make a list of some of your most significant accomplishments, along with any figures or prizes you may have gotten. Demonstrate your great performance through promotions, leadership chances, or overseas deputation.
Q3. Show us an activity you enjoy doing. Tell us how you think it contributes to your personal and professional development.
A: Try to mention your strengths in this section and be extremely honest about them. Don’t overwrite and be to the point. Avoid exaggerating. Describe what you now require in order to achieve your short and long-term objectives. Demonstrate how an MBA or MIM degree from an institution like Nova business school may assist you in bridging the skills gap and achieving your short-term goal.
Essay questions for the Nova Fellowship for Excellence:
- State your contribution to the academic life and community in your previous studies (Up to 1000 characters)
- State your extracurricular activities and social engagement (Up to 1000 characteristics)
- State your academic achievements (remember that your Grade Point Average has already been discriminated above) (Up to 1000 characteristics)
Letter of Recommendation for Nova SBE MIM
The most important thing to keep in mind when writing graduate school letters of recommendation is that they must be prepared by someone who knows you professionally. In principle, each recommender’s LOR should highlight a variety of your qualities, with varying levels of involvement. Nova School of Business and Economics requires one academic and one professional LOR for the MiM program. Remember that your recommendation letter should add value to your application by demonstrating how relevant the programme is to you.
Academic LOR – An Academic LOR is a letter that explains your application for admission to the university in question and includes recommendations from your professors or academic mentors.
Professional LOR – A professional letter of recommendation is essential for admission to a master’s program. Such letters can be written by supervisors, managers, heads, and other senior employees, as well as peers. Students should be aware that the professional LOR must be indicated on the letterhead.
Interview Questions for Nova SBE MIM
Here are some questions that you should consider while preparing for the interview-
Q: Tell me about yourself.
Q: Could you perhaps go through your resume with me?
Q: What are the benefits of pursuing a MiM? Why did you decide to attend Nova Business School?
Q: Why should you perform a MiM now rather than later? Why would you want to get a MiM at this point in your career?
Q: What are your immediate and long-term goals?
Q: What is your contingency plan?
Q: What are your most valuable possessions? Could you please give some specific examples?
Q: What is your most serious flaw? Could you please give some specific examples?
Q: How can you add value to the class?
Q: Why should we bother with you in the first place?
What makes Nova SBE MIM
Here are a few facts about Nova SBE that makes it unique-
- The course provides the students with practical exposure. You can network with peers and faculty from leading institutions in world capitals such as Dublin, Brussels, London, Madrid, New York, and Sao Paulo.
- Students will get to visit innovative and successful companies and their business leaders that can help extend their understanding.
- Nova SBE MiM provides a hands-on approach and a real-world business perspective, as well as a thorough understanding of both modern and foundational topics such as product innovation, entrepreneurship, globalisation, sustainability, and digital business.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is Nova SBE good?
The Nova School of Business and Economics (Nova SBE) is one of Europe’s top business schools. The three leading accreditation authorities in the world have recognised the quality of our economics, finance, and management teaching and research (EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB – also called Triple Crown).
What is the GPA requirement for admission?
Nova SBE has no set minimum GPA and does not admit students solely on the basis of their GPA. However, all applications are thoroughly reviewed, and your GPA is one of several aspects of your CV.
Is GMAT or GRE compulsory to apply?
No, neither the GMAT nor the GRE is required. However, if you have cleared the test, you may include the results in your application.
Is it necessary for me to have an English certificate to apply?
For the regular Master’s, proof of English fluency is not necessary, but it is recommended. Nova SBE does not accept high school diplomas or online language certificates other than Linguaskill and TOEFL iBT.
Is there an age limit for the MiM program?
Nova prefers to hear from individuals who have less than two years of professional experience and are 25 years old or younger. However, they are willing to welcome older applicants with a comparable pre-experience profile.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services