Saïd Business School
Masters in Financial Economics
Saïd MFE Overview
The Masters in Financial Economics (MFE) offered at Saïd Business School is an intelectually tough and a highly practical program. It provides students with international training in the tools sought by financial institutions and companies, in a variety of different industries. Along with a rigorous curriculum, the program equips students with tailored real-world applications.
Saïd MFE Highlights
|QS WORLD RANKINGS ’19||1|
Program and Curriculum
Jointly delivered by Saïd Business School finance
faculty and the Oxford University Department of Economics,
this 9-month learning experience combines the expertise of
two world-class departments and is enriched by input from
leading, international financial recruiters.
As practical as it is academically rigorous, the MSc in
Financial Economics (MFE) provides an international insight
and understanding, the knowledge of financial applications
and the real-world skills and tools that leading institutions and
companies demand across a breadth of industries.
- Asset pricing
- Corporate finance
- Financial econometrics
- Corporate valuation
- Financial crises and risk management
- Financial markets trading
- Information and communication in finance
- Identification in finance and social sciences
- Real estate
- Behavioural and experimental economics
- The nature of the corporation
- Asset management
- Cases in finance and investments
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Mergers, acquisitions and restructuring
- International finance
- Topics in advanced econometrics
- Private equity
- Continuous time finance
- Fixed income and derivatives
From Tim Cook to Michael Bloomberg, from Christiane Amanpour to Paul Poleman, many of the world’s foremost thinkers and leaders regularly visit the school to talk to students.
There are over 200 registered clubs and societies representing
A degree from Saïd Business School opens up plenty of employment avenues in the UK for graduates. Options are pretty high for global jobs as well. Graduates can work in a wide range of sectors.
AVERAGE SALARY- FINANCE
AVERAGE SALARY- CONSULTING
Top 3 Sectors
- Global Industry
Companies recruiting from Saïd MFE
• Bain & Company
• Barclays Investment Bank
• Deutsche Bank
• Goldman Sachs
• Google, Inc
• J.P. Morgan
• McKinsey & Company
• Morgan Stanley
• Silver Lake
• Standard Life Aberdeen
Want to know your chances at Saïd?
Saïd Alumni Info
With 17,000+ SBS alumni in over 140 countries, which is in addition to the 300,000 University of Oxford alumni and 60 dedicated ambassadors globally, the alumni network is nothing short of stellar at Saïd. The Oxford Business Alumni (OBA) Network is the Schools official alumni community, bringing together individuals that share a common interest in business who support and serve as proud ambassadors around the globe. As a graduate of Saïd Business School, you will have the benefit of accessing alumni from all parts of the world including the wider University of Oxford alumni network.
MFE : Class Profile
- You should have a minimum of a 2.1 (3.5 GPA) or its equivalent.
- It’s compulsory to submit your application with a GMAT/GRE score. It is recommended that the quantitative scores are in the 85th percentile, the verbal scores are in the 80th percentile and the analytical writing score is at least 5.
- A TOEFL or IELTS test is required if you are not from an English speaking country.
AMBA & EQUIS
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 1st November 2019|
|Round 2 10th January 2020|
|Round 3 13th March 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
- Transcripts of your previous institution
- An official copy of your degree certificate
- Online application form
- 500 word Personal Statement
- GMAT/GRE score
- One page CV
- 2 Letter of Recommendations; one academic & one professional
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge CPE, CAE or PTE Academic score (for some international students)
- Application fee 125 USD, nonrefundable, but can be waivered.
The SBS MFE application comprises of just one motivation letter. One of the top universities in the world, Oxford is the dream school for thousands of applicants, each of whom will submit stellar application essays. So make sure yours is top notch.
Saïd Business School Application Essay
Question 1 (500 words)
‘How do you hope to see your career developing over the next five years? How will the MSc in Financial Economics assist you in the development of these ambitions?’ (Maximum of 500 words)