PGDM In Canada: Top Colleges, Fees, Scholarship and More
Know your chances of getting in the Best Colleges for PGDM in Canada.
A postgraduate diploma in management (PGDM) is a graduate diploma program that one can pursue after earning an undergraduate degree, which helps the candidate improve their knowledge and prospects for employment. Usually, these programs have a duration of 1-2 years. However, by combining two 1-year programs, students may be able to obtain a specialization in their respective fields. To be eligible for the program, students will need specific credits and need to work on industry projects or assignments as a part of their studies. PGDM in Canada is a good choice for all students.
Is PGDM in Canada a good option?
Benefits of Pursuing PGDM in Canada
- Canada is the second-largest country in the world, situated in North America, with exceptional possibilities for jobs and quality education. Also, it is the tenth-largest economy, ranked at the top in the Quality-of-life index. Pursuing a degree in Canada has excellent benefits, such as:
- Canada is a great place to work. Besides, there are plenty of top companies in the country, such as WestJet, Deloitte, and Tim Hortons.
- There are various ways to become a Canadian citizen for international students. For instance, one can obtain a work permit after finishing college and apply for permanent residence.
- Canada is home to some of the best B-Schools and colleges in the world. Additionally, they offer various specializations and job opportunities to international students pursuing PGDM in Canada.
- The cost of attending a professional development management program in Canada is relatively low compared to other countries. Moreover, it can range from 15,000 to 17,000 CAD.
- Canada is a great place to live due to its outstanding work-life balance. For example, in August of 2021, the country created over 90 thousand jobs after completing PGDM in Canada.
Is PGDM valuable in Canada?
In India, the postgraduate degree (PGDM) is considered equivalent to the MBA. However, in Canada, it is a different type of postgraduate diploma that focuses on a particular specialization in Management. Therefore, the value of this degree in Canada is more than that in India since it will allow you to gain international exposure and networking opportunities.
With these budget-friendly postgraduate programs, you can get the opportunity to take on internship opportunities in Canada.
|COURSE||PGDM in Canada||MBA in Canada|
|Specializations||International Business, Marketing, Finance, etc.||Logistics, Finance, General Management, etc.|
|Eligibility||A minimum of 3 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree.||More than 3 years of work experience might be required according to the demands of the University.|
|Cost||15,000 CAD to 17,000 CAD||30,000 CAD|
|Top Colleges||University of Winnipeg, Thompson Rivers University, Durham College, etc||Schulich School of Business, Ivey Business School, Rotman School of Management, etc|
|Duration||1-2 years||2-3 years|
Visa Process For Students
A study permit is a document issued by Canadian immigration officials that serve as permission for international students to study in Canada. International students cannot study in Canada without obtaining a valid study permit. Aside from this, students who acquire a study permit are permitted to register only in Designated Learning Institutions.
Eligibility criteria for Canada Student Visa
You can apply for a Canada Study visa if you fulfil the following criteria:
- One must provide an acceptance letter given by a designated learning institute (DLI).
- A proof of sufficient funds must be provided to meet your tuition fee and living costs.
- You must prove that you have a clean background and no criminal record. Also, the candidates should also provide a police certificate to confirm this.
- An agreement to a health checkup and present a medical certificate that confirms that you are in excellent shape is mandatory.
Note: During the visa interview, you must assure the visa officer that you will depart Canada after completing your education.
Documents Required are:
- Valid passport
- Proof of acceptance letter
- Statement of purpose
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Passport size photographs
- Immigration medical examination documents
- English language proficiency test score
Entrance Exams Required to Get Admission for PGDM in Canada
The GMAT is a graded, clocked test operated in English, which tests analytical writing, verbal, and mathematical abilities, which is essential in studying administration. The average necessary GMAT score is 550, and the average for MBA candidates is 606.
Thousands of graduate and business schools accept Graduate record examinations. This entrance text examines you in the areas of verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and analytical writing.
IELTS is accepted universally in all English-speaking countries and several English-taught programs throughout the world. Furthermore, IELTS is also allowed as a language proof for particular working permits and immigration. In order to secure admission, the accepted band score is 6.5, not less than 6.
TOEFL is administered by three variants a paper-based, computer-based, or internet-based examination. In Canada, the accepted TOFEL score varies from 550-600 (paper-based test), 213-250 (computer-based test), and 86-100 (internet-based test). In Canada, the fee for this test is $160 (Canadian dollars).
Few schools allow the TOEFL test to be replaced with a corresponding examination. However, in Canada, two comparative tests may be entitled. Some of them are the CanTest, and Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB).
Nearly all Canadian Business Schools need 16 years of undergraduate education. A four-year degree following high school or junior college is mandatory.
Almost all business schools in Canada need a minimum GPA of 3.0 – 3.5 for admittance to the PGDM program. However, admittances to Canadian business schools are notably quick.
Most Business Schools in Canada demand a minimum of two to three years of work experience to enrol into a post-graduate program. Several business schools admit without prior work experience. However, applicants with work experience are preferred.
PDGM degrees are offered by institutes that are not allied with any university. In addition, several private and autonomous institutes offer PGDM degrees in Canada. High-grade schools offer an instinctive study atmosphere with leading faculty.
|Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology||1 year||14,565 CAD|
|Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology||1- 2 years||12,744 to 16,368 CAD|
|Confederation College of Applied Arts and technology||2 years||11,287 CAD|
|Durham College of Applied Arts and Technology||1- 2 years||12,744 to 14,565 CAD|
|Fanshawe College of Applied Arts and Technology||1- 2 years||12,744 to 14,565 CAD|
|Fleming College||1- 2 years||16,381 to 18,201 CAD|
|George Brown College||3 years||12,741 to 20,023 CAD|
|Humber College||2- 3 years||14,562 to 16,381 CAD|
|The Sheridan College Institute of Technology||2 years||16,383 to 20,024 CAD|
|Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology||2- 3 years||14,563 to 20,024 CAD|
Which PGDM is the best in Canada?
While studying for management courses in Canada, many students opt for the option of taking up a postgraduate diploma. Various courses are offered in this field in the country by the best colleges for pgdm in canada-
- Public Relations
- Research And Evaluation
- Business and Management
- Information Technology
- Science and Engineering
- Financial Management
- Insurance And Risk Management
- Hospitality Management
- Health Science
- International Business Management
- Hospitality And Tourism
- Marketing Management
Some PGDMs that you must check out-
PGDM in Finance
The program in finance focuses on developing financial planning techniques that can be used to improve the efficiency of a company. This course is usually offered for one year in Canada. Aside from financial planning, the curriculum also includes international financial mergers and capital management topics.
– Scholarships are available at some Universities
-Financial firms hire PGDM graduates specialized in this field.
-IELTS score- 6.5 or higher
PGDM in Operations
The Professional Qualification in Operations (PGDM in Operations) is a course that aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the various facets of the manufacturing and services sectors. It is mainly focused on supply-chain management.
– The course duration is only one year
-Grants are available for international students. Usually, based on merit.
-An IELTS score required of 6.5 or more
PGDM in Human Resource
Human Resource Management is a significant component of the Master of Professional Development in Management (PGDM) curriculum. This course aims to provide students with the necessary skills to manage the various aspects of an organization’s workforce.
-It is a specialized diploma course
-Some universities offer scholarships
-A score of 6.5 is required for IELTS
PGDM in Marketing
The specialization in marketing provides students with the necessary skills to enhance their sales and marketing abilities. This program also focuses on market research skills.
-It is an advanced PG Diploma Course
-Scholarship awarded based on merit
-IELTS score of 6.5
Scholarships for PGDM in Canada
Some of the colleges in Canada offer scholarships for international students.
- The Niagara College International in Canada Scholarship is offered to international students who have a study permit and are enrolled in one of the college’s courses.
- The Paul Foundation offers various scholarships to Indian students planning on studying abroad.
- Forktip Women’s Innovation Scholarships are for women planning to study abroad.
Health insurance cover
Health support and insurance cover are compulsory for students before starting their course. The average cost of medical insurance cover varies from CAD 300 to CAD 800 per month.
If the University does not provide on-campus accommodation, you can always depend on off-campus accommodation, which costs around CAD 400 to CAD 700 per month. But remember that costs may vary depending on the location.
You won’t have to spend too much on food bills, just about 300 CAD/month for buying groceries from the neighbourhood supermarkets. Some of the most affordable supermarkets you can locate all over Canada are Canadian Superstore, Walmart, and No Frills. If you want to dine in a restaurant, you might pay about 10 – 25 CAD. A two-course meal in a mid-range restaurant will cost approximately 50 – 65 CAD.
- Students registered in a Canadian university-aged 18 and 25 will profit from discounts when buying the monthly transport pass.
- The cost of a transport pass is 90 CAD/month, whereas one-way ticket costs around 3 CAD.
- Taxis are also a standard way of transport all over Canada, and charges range from 2 and 6 CAD per km.
- Basic utilities (electricity, water, heating, garbage): 150 CAD/month
- Internet: 50-70 CAD/month
Pursuing PDGM appends to one’s educational qualifications and abilities. PGDM programs can be done to obtain specialization in a specific area, leading to much better job possibilities in Canada. There is an immense need for proficient workers in Canada.
Some of the jobs in Canada are:
- Financial adviser
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Creative Design
- Project Manager
- Data Scientist
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
High on academic quality but cost-effective tuition fees, Canada is one of the most beneficial study destinations for candidates. In 2017, Canada encountered almost 500,000 international aspirants studying at all levels in the country, which defines its demand worldwide.
You will have the opportunity to study at various universities in Canada. There are also numerous healthcare advantages and a variety of lifestyle options. Aside from being a great place to study, Canada also has a vibrant student community.
- What is the best PGDM course in Canada?
Various postgraduate courses in Canada are offered in multiple areas such as Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, and Hotel Management. In addition, some of the most popular courses in the country are those related to Biological Science, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronic Engineering.
- What is the course duration for PGDM in Canada?
Canadian Universities usually offer PGDM courses with one year of duration.
- Is an MBA degree equivalent to a PGDM degree?
Canadian universities offer both degrees. However, while an MBA is considered a postgraduate degree, a postgraduate diploma is not equivalent.
- PG diploma’s scope in Canada?
There are numerous opportunities to pursue a postgraduate degree in Canada. Aside from internship opportunities, students can also get full-time job opportunities.
5. Cost of PGDM in Canada?
The cost of a PGDM program in Canada is lower compared to other countries. It costs around 15,000 to 17,000 Canadian dollars.
- Which one is better, PGDM or MBA?
Compared to an MBA, the curriculum of a PGDM focuses on practical skills. However, this course also features an updated curriculum to reflect current events. So, it depends on what you are looking for while pursuing higher education.
- Jobs offered after PGDM?
Financial advisor, Tourism and Hospitality, Creative Design, Consultant, etc.