Purdue University: Krannert School of Management
Master of Science in Finance (MSF)
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Purdue MS(F) Overview
The Purdue MS(F) Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Master of Science with a major in Finance program at Krannert School of Management, Purdue University and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Master of Science in Finance application process, the class profile and placement statistics are presented.
Purdue MS(F) Highlights
|QS WORLD RANKINGS ’18||–|
Program and Curriculum
Recent graduates looking to truly stand out as they launch a career choose this 10-month Master of Science in Finance program. You’ll have the opportunity to build worldwide relationships, identify your career path, and transform a quantitative education into the ability to drive results. The MS(F) program draws on real-world applications and access to the top minds in finance, complementing studies in the classroom to create a holistic learning experience. These intensive studies will further develop your abilities in critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving.
Graduates are well-suited to pursue opportunities in commercial banking, investment banking, asset management, financial risk management and analytics, and other financial services companies within the U.S. and around the world.
The cherry on the cake is the fact that The MS Finance program is STEM certified. Graduates are eligible for
- Summer Semester
- Fall Semester (Module 1)
- Fall Semester (Module 2)
- Spring Semester (Module 3)
- Spring Semester (Module 4)
The course structure is comprehensive, and covers the following:
- Accounting for Managers
- Business Analytics
- Financial Management
- Advanced Corporate Finance
Here are some examples of the same
- Financial Modeling
- Options and Futures
- Venture Capital and Investment Banking
- Portfolio Management
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Risk Management
- Advanced Business Analytics
- International Financial Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Engineering
- Financial Econometrics
- Fixed Income Securities
Most graduates get placed within 3 months of graduation. Options are pretty high for global jobs as well. Graduates can work in a wide range of sectors.
Want to know your chances at Purdue?
Purdue Alumni Info
With an alumni network of 40,000, Purdue graduates are making a difference worldwide in a diverse set of organizations that range from global corporations to start-ups. Year after year, students connect with sought-after companies looking for professionals who have the ambition to make a difference
Some Famous Alumni
- Sam Allen (Chairman and CEO of Deere & Company)
- Jane Boulware (Vice President of Microsoft)
- Susan Bulkeley Butler (Founder and CEO of the SBB Institute, and the first female partner of Accenture)
Master of Science in Finanace : Class Profile
Purdue University is a public research university in West Lafayette, Indiana, and the flagship campus of the Purdue University system.The university was founded in 1869 after Lafayette businessman John Purdue donated land and money to establish a college of science, technology, and agriculture in his name.
Purdue’s MS(F) Program permits each student to individually develop their proficiency, set career aspiration, develop organization abilities and learn more about the operational performance of mega-enterprises, networks and markets.
- You must have earned, or expect to earn, a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university by the start of the program.
- You must have a minimum score of 77 in the internet-based TOEFL exam (Writing 18, Speaking 18, Listening 14, Reading 19)
Purdue MS(F) Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 15th November 2018|
|Round 2 15th January 2019|
|Final International round 1st March 2019|
|Final Domestic Round 1st April 2019|
Next Deadline Approaching in
- Transcripts of your previous institution
- An official copy of your degree certificate
- Online application form
- Application Essays
- GMAT/GRE score
- One page CV
- 2 Letter of Recommendations; one academic & one professional
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge CPE, CAE or PTE Academic score (for some international students)
- Application fee 75 USD, nonrefundable.