QUEEN’S UNIVERSITY: SMITH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Smith School of Business MBA Overview
The Full-time MBA from Smith School of Business takes a flexible and highly personalized approach that allows you to build the right program for your career goals. Using innovative simulations and case studies approach provides a holistic approach that delivers both the technical expertise and interpersonal skills development that employers require today.
Smith School of Business MBA Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’20||78|
Want to know your chances at Queen’s University: Smith School of Business?
Program and Curriculum
The flexible programs allow you to build your curriculum to meet your career goals. The program begins with an overview of business fundamentals in the first six months as well as an Integrated Team Project. This offers you a unique opportunity to work with Small to Medium Size Enterprises (SME) and put into practice what you are learning throughout the program. Then you’ll choose your individual project and complete your electives. Those who choose to pursue a specialization will earn an MBA and a Graduate Certificate If you decide not to specialize, you may complete the General Management option which requires students to choose elective courses in a variety of different areas
- Business Analytics
- Business and Corporate Strategy
- Business, Government and Global Economy
- Economics and Industrial Analysis
- Finance Fundamentals
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Digital Business
- Leading with Integrity
- Managing Human Capital
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Negotiations and Conflict Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Professional Communication Skills
- Integrated Project
- Advanced Portfolio Management
- Analytical Decision Making
- Consumer Focused Marketing
- Corporate Valuation and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Creating & Executing Market-Based Startegy
- Decision-making in Competitive Environments
- Digital Execution
- Digital Transformation
- Diversity and Inclusion in Organizations
- Dynamic Strategy Analysis
- Finance Strategy
- Financing of New Ventures
- Global Strategy
- Management Accounting
- Managing Agile Projects
- New Venture Management
- Organizational Intellegence & Strategy
- Pricing Analysis
- Risk Management
- Sales Management
- Strategic Problem Solving and Insights
- Starategic Service Operations
- Startegy Implementation and Change
- Text Analysis
- Tri-Colour Venture Fund
- Digital Transformation
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Management Analytics
- Marketing and Sales
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC)
- Certificate in Social Impact (CSI)
Graduates from Smith School of Business have an exceptional placement rate with 95% of students receiving offers within three months of graduation. While consulting and financial services continue to be high growth industries for Smith MBA talent, the overall trend is diversification of student interests and increased employer demand across healthcare, consumer goods, retail and technology, including start-ups.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
|Energy & Resources||3%|
Companies recruiting from Smith School of Business MBA
- BNB Paribas
- CITI Group
- Western Union
- McKinsey & Co.
- Bain & Co.
- A.T. Kearney
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $20,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $5,600|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||3.5 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Smith School of Business Alumni Info
Smith School of Business provides many resources and services for alumni, including SmithConnect, our exclusive online student and alumni directory and engagement platform, business clubs, networking events, reunion planning, continuous learning opportunities, career services and special offers on a variety of services. As well, the department offers many ways for alumni to give back to their alma mater through sharing their time, knowledge or financial support, to help “pay it forward” to the next generation of business students.
Some Famous Alumni
- Gordon M. “Gord” Nixon – CEO and Director of Royal Bank of Canada
- Chris Viehbacher – Managing Partner of Gurnet Point Capital
- Mary Ann Turcke – President of Bell Media
Smith School of Business MBA : Class Profile
Average Work Experience
- Bachelors degree of at least three years and a minimum B+ average (roughly equivalent to 75%) in the final two years of their undergraduate program.
- All international students with international degrees (outside of North America) must submit a WES Credential Evaluation assessment of their degree in order to be considered for the Full-time MBA program.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of two years’ work experience.
AASCB & EQUIS
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Smith School of Business MBA Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Rolling Admits 1 September 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
There is no application fees for direct application.
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment.
- A one-page resume (CV).
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA. All international students with international degrees (outside of North America) must submit a WES Credential Evaluation assessment of their degree in order to be considered for the Full-time MBA program.
- Original degree documentation sent directly from the University that the degree was conferred.
- GMAT or GRE official test score report.
- English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or IELTS).
- A cover letter.
- 2 completed online reference forms.
Applications to the Smith School of Business Full-Time MBA program are required to be accompanied by one cover letter and two video questions and one written response designed to be answered via KIRA platform without advanced preparation.
A cover letter outlining current responsibilities and assignments, career accomplishments, reasons for applying to the Full-time MBA and your professional and personal goals.
Your Application Advisor will provide you with a link to the KIRA Platform for you to complete these questions. You will be asked 3 random questions which are designed to be answered without advanced preparation allowing the Admissions Committee to get to know you in a real time sense; highlighting how quickly and concisely you can formulate an answer.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services