Rice University Jones
Jones MBA Overview
Rice MBA program is a full time 2 years program. It is designed for individuals who want to build their Entrepreneurial mindset. The program with its engaging faculty offers you various opportunities to learn about the business world through Global preparation and business plan competition. With the more than 7000 alumni, the University let’s you experience the tight-knit culture and lets you connect to people. The program’s curriculum is designed to hone your entrepreneurial skills and leadership skills for you to use these in the real business world. Also, the University provides you various career opportunities with placements from top employers such as Amazon, Morgan Stanley, Hp and many more.
Jones MBA Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’19||89|
Want to know your chances at Rice University?
Program and Curriculum
The full-time MBA program’s curriculum is designed for students who are ready for a major transition. In the first year, students are supposed to study the core courses which include marketing, financial accounting, strategy formulation and implementation, ethics, organizational behavior and more. In the second year, you will be given the opportunity to study whatever courses you want from 100+ electives. Rice Business has obtained STEM designation for all the MBA programs. Through these courses, you will be taught problem solving skills and decision making. The curriculum also includes a required component of students participating in work experience during their MBA journey.
- Management Control
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Income Taxation and Business Decisions
- Cost Analysis in Healthcare
- Mindfulness and Performance in the Workplace
- Managing Energy Transitions
- Fundamentals of the Energy Industry
- Financing the Startup Venture
- Entrepreneurial Strategy
- Corporate Investment Policy
- Business of Healthcare
- Pricing Strategies
- Real Estate Finance: Asset Valuation
- Introduction to Marketing Research
- Data analysis,
- Managerial economics,
- Financial accounting,
- Strategy formulation and implementation,
- Organizational behavior,
Rice Business Board Fellows is a year-long experiential learning program that matches talented, energetic, and committed Rice MBA students as fellows to local nonprofit boards to serve as non-voting board members. Big organizations can deploy a Rice MBA student’s ideas and energy to solve a problem or execute a project with the possibility of cultivating a future board member. Rice MBA candidates can learn valuable leadership skills from community leaders through this experiential learning program.
The Global Field Experience is an adventurous, immersive learning requirement that will change your perception of the world and the way you do business in it. These opportunities all you to take your learning of your first year and apply it to short-term projects for organizations with diverse culture settings.
The leadership and team coaching program prepares students to be more proficient at an essential component of effective leadership that is the ability to lead a team. The fundamental role of leadership is to get the best performance out of people. Under this program, there are two courses managed by students–
- M.A. Wright Fund: This comprises of students who are selected through a process of rigorous application followed by an interview. This course provides students with a hands-on opportunity to learn and aplly stock analysis and investment management techniques on a live Rice endowment stock portfolio.
- Rice Fixed Income Fund: In this course, a small group of top-performing MBA students experience the challenges and excitement of managing a real short-term Rice endowment bond portfolio and a simulated long-term portfolio.
Full-time MBA students can choose an Action Learning Project (ALP) as an elective for academic credit. The ALP is a thirteen-week, team-based consultative project, where MBA student teams tackle a company’s tough challenges and critical needs to provide detailed and actionable recommendations.
Full-time MBA students experience a wide variety of industries in cities across the country through these treks. This helps students to explore what business areas or roles are available for internships and post-MBA job opportunities. These trecks are coordinated by Career Development Office staff and facilitated by alumni.
Industry Treks typically include the following:
- Week on Wall Street (New York City)
- Technology Trek (Austin, Seattle, Silicon Valley)
- Energy Trek (Houston)
- Health Care Trek (Houston)
The school provides students the help of career development Office which partners with students and alumni to identify their aspirations and work with them individually to meet their professional goals. Around 92% of students were employed within the 3 months of their graduation last year. Companies such as Amazon, Barclays, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs are some of the top recruiters who give employment to Rich MBA students.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
Companies recruiting from Jones MBA
- McKinsey & Co.
- Bain & Co.
- Ernst & Young
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
- Centerpoint Energy
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+$24000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $11,200|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||2.36 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Jones MBA Alumni Info
Alumni of Rice Business School will help you connect with people who have learned from your school and have gained experience from working in different industries. The school conducts various events for alumni meet where you can be a part of the meet and have a conversation with the best of students from your school who are now successful employees or executives of top companies. You have the opportunities to get in connection with alumni through different platforms such as facebook, instagram, you can also get in connection through mail or through attending events.
Some Famous Alumni
- Henry Richardson, Founder of DEFINE
- Alex Porter, Managing owner of Southern Yankee Beer Company
- Randy Paris, CEO of coffee startup BrewBike
MBA : Class Profile
Students of Rice University Jones MBA are required to do F-1 Curricular Practical Training (CPT). In this students participate in work experience during their MBA. this is one of the required components of the curriculum of MBA program
- Bachelors degree
- CMAT/GRE Score
- English Proficiency
ADMITS IN 2018
ADMITS IN 2019
Connect with a Rice University expert
Understand How We can Help you 3X your Chances at Rice with our Services
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 11th October 2019|
|Round 2 3rd January 2020|
|Round 3 3rd April 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The application fees for direct application is $200.
- Letter of Recommendation
- GMAT or GRE test score
- TOEFL or IELTS test score
The Jones MBA application comprises of 2 long compulsory essays and one optional. Like most universities, Rice University takes essays as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students.
The Rice Business experience is designed to inspire our students to become future business leaders. How did your path, from both a professional and a personal perspective, guide you to where you are today, and how will Rice Business fit into where you would like to go next? You can answer in essay form (500 word limit) OR video form (one to three minute time limit)
Choose from the following topics
▪ Prompt #1: Rice Business offers intentional and practical programming to help our graduates develop their leadership skills. Do you think you were born to lead or developed into a leader, and how have your experiences shaped your leadership style?
▪ Prompt #2: Diverse and global perspective are pillars of the Rice Business experience. Tell us about a time that your own views, attitudes or perspectives were challenged from this area, and what was the outcome of this experience?
▪ Prompt #3: Rice Business students have passions in and outside of the classroom. What are you passionate about and how have you expressed/or plan to express your passion?
Optional essay prompt: If you have any additional information for the admissions committee or if you wish to clarify any aspect of your application (including breaks in employment, your choice of recommendation providers, your past academic performance, etc.), you may submit an additional, optional essay. Answer in essay form (750 word limit).
In the most recent class, about 87% of full-time students earned a scholarship, with the average award covering 70% of their total tuition.
1. Flagship Scholarships
- Military Scholars Program
- Crownover Scholars Program
- The McNair Scholars Program
2. Merit-based scholarships
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services