Rotman MBA Review
Rotman School of Management is a Canadian business school and a leading university of the popular University of Toronto. As one of the top universities, the University of Toronto sets itself apart because of its extraordinary academic curriculum. The university’s cosmopolitan location along with its global outlook further adds value to the program’s charm.
The Rotman MBA program focuses towards offering value to its cohort by providing knowledge, confidence and well as agility to perform well. The Masters Rotman Mfin business program will help make you industry ready while allowing you to master business fundamentals. Moreover, the program’s experimental and hands-on-learning approach allows you to fulfill your opportunities to grow and thus, help you enhance yourself as a leader.
Rotman MBA Class Profile
The Rotman MBA program is well known for attracting top professionals and talents worldwide. With an incredibly diverse cohort, the program offers a unique perspective to its cohort not only through its academics but also by allowing applicants to meet people from multiple backgrounds.
The Rotman Mfin program also boasts its practice of consistently selecting individuals with unique perspectives and experiences. Thus, helping its cohort gain an enriched experience.
Average Work Ex
Rotman MBA Acceptance Rate
Acceptance to the Rotman MBA program is offered after the candidate completes the multiple admission rounds. Unlike other MBA programs, Rotman is competitive and has an acceptance rate of 70%. Hence, candidates are urged to sincerely work on filling their application.
Program and Curriculum of Rotman MBA
Rotman MBA offers three core strategic areas – an innovative curriculum, tailored career services and the Self-Development Lab – to achieve one central goal. The goal is to give students the skills and experiences they need to accelerate their career as a high-value decision maker and business leader. The Full-Time MBA at the Rotman Mfin School lets students master business fundamentals while providing them with experiential, hands-on learning opportunities to grow as a leader.
At Rotman mfin, you can specialize by focusing on any particular area of interest. Choosing any one specialization can help you develop your generalist perspectives by pursuing courses from the program.
While the program is renowned for its finesse in the Strategy and Finance program, one can also choose a program from a range of electives that is offered by the course Rotman mfin.
At Rotman students may specialize by choosing to focus on an area of interest or enhance their generalist perspective by taking courses from different academic disciplines.
- Brand management
- Business design
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Funds management
- General MBA
- Global management
- Health sector management
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Investment Banking
- Leadership and Change Management
- Management Analytics
- Process and supply chain management
- Real estate
- Risk management and financial engineering
- Social Impact and Sustainability
- Brand Management
- Business Design
- Financial Reporting
- Funds Management
- General MBA
- Global Management
- Health Sector Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Investment Banking
- Leadership and Change Management
- Management analytics
- Process and supply Chain Management
- Real Estate
- Risk Management & Financial Engineering
- Social Impact and Sustainability
At Rotman students can hone in their business design capabilities and innovative thinking through the following:
- Rotman Designworks
- Business design practicum
- Rotman design challenge
- Design Bootcamp
- Business design sprint
- Design tours
- International Peace Scholarship Fund for Women (IPS)
- Government of Canada International Scholarship Programs
- Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarships
- Financial Aid By Country
Apart from academics, Rotman MBA focuses on enhancing its cohort’s experience by offering them the option of pursuing multiple extracurricular activities. These opportunities play an important role in improving the chances of holistic development. At Rotman, you can join Clubs, Fellowship programs etc.
Rotman Onboard offers the opportunity of participating in a fellowship program to assist its cohort create a worldwide impact. The program is known to select talented MBA senior year candidates for an eight months internship with charities and non profit organizations.
Based on the organisation’s need, the Onboard fellows work in close proximity with the organisation’s board mentor for completing the strategic governance project.
Rotman is home to a number of student clubs. Many of these clubs are the Chapters of popular clubs, however, the program also offers an option of creating one’s own club.
- Asset Management Association
- Business Analytics Club
- Graduate Business Council
- Rotman Finance Association
- Finance Association
- Energy and Natural Resources Association
- Engineers in Management
- Business Design Club
- Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Association
- Business Technology Association
- Healthcare Management Association
- Human Capital Club
- Management Consulting Association
- Net Impact
- Marketing Association
- Real Estate Association
- Operations Management Association
- Risk Management Association
- Sales Club
- Women in Management Association
- Sports Business Club
- African and Caribbean Business Club
- Asian Business Association
- European Business Club
- Latin American Business Club
- Middle East Business Association
- South Asian Business Association
- Active Association
- Golf and Ski Association
- JDMBA Students Association
- Music CLub
- Negotiation Club
- Public Speaking Club
- Sales Club
- The Letters at Rotman
- Wine Society
Eligibility and Requirements for Getting into Rotman MBA
Rotman MBA looks out for candidates who are not only intellectual beings but also have proven their ability to create positive impact throughout their varied experiences. In addition, candidates with exceptional communication skills and presence along with the Spike factor are especially revered by the cohort.
- A Minimum GPA of 3.0 in final year of undergraduate program
- GMAT – 678; or GRE Score –
- Work experience of 2 or more years is required
- English Language Proficiency –
Undergraduate degree from recognised English language university; TOEFL iBT (100 overall score); IELTS ( 7.0) (Academic); University of Toronto English Language Program (Grade B – American English Level 60)
Document Related to the Application
- Transcripts of the undergraduate degree
- GRE or GMAT Score or CFA Level 3 clearing certificate
- 2 Professional References (LOR)
- Any one of the following for English proficiency
Certificate of undergraduate degree from recognised English language university;
Or TOEFL iBT (100 overall score);
Or IELTS ( 7.0) (Academic);
Or University of Toronto English Language Program (Grade B – American English Level 60)
- Application fee – $195 CAD
Rotman MBA Deadlines
Rotman has already initiated its application process for the present intake. Hence, there are high chance that the seats will get filled even before the end of the given deadline. Also, applying early for the program enhances your chances of receiving admission and a scholarship. So, it would be best if you apply for the program as early as possible.
Also, the Rotman mfin program is known to process applications as soon as they receive them. Post-acceptance decisions after completion of the given decision deadline. So, one can find the results by checking the application portal.
- Early Round: September 3, 2021 (Decision no later than October 15, 2021)
- Round 1: October 4, 2021 (Decision no later than December 10, 2021)gi
- Round 2: January 10, 2022 (Decision no later than March 11, 2022)
- Round 3: March 7, 2022,* (Decision no later than April 29, 2022)
- Round 4: April 25, 2022** (Decision no later than June 3, 2022)
Rotman MBA Employment/Placement
The Rotman mfin career centre grants students access to top jobs across a broad range of industries. To help students prepare, Rotman has invested in building one of the largest MBA career teams in business education. Their exceptional staff-to-student ratio means their career coaches will provide them with the personal attention required to be successful throughout their job search.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring Rotman MBA Graduates
- PayPal Canada Inc.
- Microsoft Corp.
- FedEx Services
- Bank of Canada
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Credit Suisse Asia-Pacific
- National Bank Financial
- Accenture Inc.
- A.T. Kearney
- Bain & Company
- Bayer Business Consulting
- Boston Consulting Group
- Ernst & Young LLP
Rotman MBA Alumni Info
The Rotman Alumni network helps over 14,000 alumni in more than 70 countries worldwide stay connected. Through its alumni events and lifelong learning opportunities, Rotman Mfin makes it easy for their graduates to connect with each other, learn and give back to the Rotman community.
Some Famous Alumni
- John Hastings, MBA ‘82 (Chairman and CEO, Citibank Canada)
- Kathleen R Peacock, MBA ‘79 (Managing Director, Deloitte)
- James Tucker, Omnium ‘06 (Partner & Managing Director, Boston Consulting Group, Canada)
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Rotman MBA
Q.1 Our admitted students stand out by doing interesting things with their personal and professional lives — something we describe as the ‘spike factor’; what are the things that you have done in your life that demonstrate Passion/ Grit/ Resilience/ Innovation/ Drive/ Ambition and more? This can cross all or any aspects of life outside of work – hobbies, volunteerism, awards, entrepreneurial ventures, sports and the arts. We believe that exposure to a rich diversity of viewpoints makes for a superior learning experience, and pride ourselves on building a diverse class of exceptional individuals who will go on to make the School proud as professionals and alumni.
Q.2 Explain your spike factor (something unique about yourself) that you believe will contribute to the Rotman community and is aligned with Rotman values. (up to 1000 words)*
Q.3 Optional – Please upload 1-3 of your ‘spikiest’ pictures to the supplemental items section of your application here. Note: Your photos must be uploaded as a single PDF.
Letter of Recommendation for Rotman MBA
One of the most important parts of your admission application is the letter of recommendation by the candidate’s recommenders. Generally, schools ask for 2 professional LORs along with 2 academic LORs. These documents are generally used by AdComs to understand the candidate’s strengths from the perspective of a person who is in a senior position. Hence, it plays an important role in improving the candidate’s overall profile.
For Rotman Mfin, the candidates are asked to get only 2 professional references. Academic references are not specifically asked.
Interview Questions for Rotman MBA
Rotman MBA program requires applicants to first submit a one-way video interview as a part of their application process. Only selected candidates are specifically invited for one-on-one interviews.
Following are the primary questions that you may expect during the interview.
Q. What would be the biggest challenge for you during the program?
Q. Introduce yourself.
Q. Why do you want to study in Canada?
Q. What motivated you to stay far away from your family and apply to Rotman Program X.
Q. Which of our values speaks to you and why?
Q. Why Program X?
Q. Why do you want to do X at this stage in your life/career?
Q. Which other schools have to apply to?
Q. What are your short- and long-term career goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Q. Tell us about a challenging situation that you faced? How did you resolve it?
What Makes Rotman MBA Unique
- Rotman looks out for candidates with high success potential. Their admitted students range from top business professionals to Olympic Athletes.
- The program focuses on the candidate’s overall profile and Spike factor.
- Rotman follows a practical oriented academic approach, thus making it one of the most innovative players in global management education.
- The program is known to breed diversity in its cohort. This is evident from the fact that during the previous academic year it reported 26% candidates from Financial Services, whereas 13% from Consulting and 10% from Technology. Other than these, candidates are also selected from domains such as Logistics, Government Services, Legal, Media, Education, Retail industry etc.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
What are the chances of admission acceptance to Rotman if I fulfill the minimum required criteria?
Fulfilment of minimum criteria only ensures that you have completed the minimum requirements of getting accepted into the program. The program is highly competitive and hence, the final decision is based on the candidate’s entire profile.
What are the prime factors that AdCom looks for while selecting candidates?
There is no set method of securing a position in the program. Rotman’s AdCom is known to follow a holistic approach while assessing an applicant’s profile. Hence, a profile that has followed a well-balanced approach of highlighting their achievements stands the best chance to ensure selection.
Does a candidate require to have commerce or business degree to pursue this program?
Absolutely not! AdComs at Rotman follows the concept of diversity with great zeal. Hence, they are known to select individuals from a variety of professional as well as academic domains.
Do I need to wait till the end of the application deadline to apply for the program?
No. The program has specifically stated that they tend to review the application on a rolling basis. So, you should apply for the program as early as possible.
My undergraduate GPA is not a clear indicator of my academic proficiency. So should I take any additional courses to balance my academic abilities?
No. Instead focus on scoring good GMAT or GRE scores. This will help you balance out any inconsistencies in your profile.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services