Unsure If Your Profile Will Get YOU Into Your Target Schools?
What is the RSM MiM Review?
The RSM MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Masters in Management application process and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
When it comes to Business schools in Netherlands, the first name that comes up is Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. It is ranked among Europe’s top-tier business schools, providing ground-breaking research and education. RSM is ranked as one of the best European business schools, including 5th in the Financial Times meta-ranking and 3rd in Western Europe by Eduniversal. RSM is in the 1% of business schools worldwide which possess the distinguished Triple Crown Accreditation - AMBA, EQUIS, and AACSB. In addition, RSM's programs are accredited by the Nederlands-Vlaamse Accreditatieorganisatie (NVAO) and are part of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS), a consortium of Europe's leading schools and corporate partners. RSM is also a member of the Partnership in International Management (PIM) network and hosts a diverse international student body. In 2013, RSM became part of the Alliance of European and Chinese Business Schools, which is under the patronage of the European Federation of Management Development.
- RSM offers more than 10 different specializations varying in length depending upon the need of candidates.
- RSM partners with CEMS to deliver a world-class international master program. RSM also engages in partnerships with 100+ top business schools all over the world to create exchange opportunities and double degrees.
- RSM is one of Europe’s largest and most-cited business research communities with 350 researchers and more than 30 expertise centers and initiatives.
- RSM is the home to STAR, the largest study association in Europe with more than 6,500 members which organizes academic events, study trips, recruitment fairs and social events.
- There are more than 100 nationalities in RSM’s student population of more than 7500.
- RSM is part of the Erasmus University Rotterdam, with more than 100 years of heritage. The university – which now has more than 24,000 students – began in 1913 as the Netherlands School of Commerce, and is internationally recognized for education and research in four areas of expertise: health, wealth, governance, and culture.
Next, in the RSM Masters in Management Review, we are going to look at the overview, fees and admission requirements of the various specializations offered by RSM for its MiM program.
MSc International Management / CEMS
This program is geared toward preparing you for leadership positions in the competitive international labor market.
- You will gain a thorough knowledge of management of international companies, practical experience through real business projects and international internships, and training in general and specialized management skills.
- You’ll start your career with the advantage of having learned the real-world skills of presentation, negotiation, conflict management, debating, responsible leadership, team-building, and networking. All of this is done through seminars, placements, consultancy projects and case-studies, which take place at RSM and in businesses and classrooms around the world on international exchanges and internships.
- You will become part of a global network of alumni and corporate partners, very valuable resources in the shaping of your career path.
- At the end of the program, you will receive two highly ranked qualifications: RSM's MSc in International Management degree as well as the CEMS-Master in Management qualification awarded by CEMS, The Global Alliance for Management Education. RSM is one of the best CEMS schools in the FT ranking: its MSc International Management/CEMS is ranked 5th worldwide and offers an excellent start to an international management career.
The expected total for non-EEA students is approximately €25,496 and approximately €3,009 for EEA students.
Complete details about the curriculum can be found here.
Apart from the GMAT, TOEFL/IELTS and GPA requirements the applicant is required to have a research university bachelor's degree in business administration or related field consisting of a minimum total of 60 ECTS in advanced courses in strategic management, marketing, supply chain management/operations, finance, and accounting as well as qualitative and quantitative research methods and statistics.
MSc BA Master in Management
The 16-month MSc Business Administration/Master in Management adds management skills at a master level to your bachelor knowledge. The program is a unique learning experience – your new management skills can boost your CV and your career.
The 2016-2017 tuition fee for the MSc programs is approximately non-EEA students is approximately €22,664 and approximately €2,674 for EEA students.
Complete details abhout te curriculum are given here .
Apart from the GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL requirements the following additional requirements are expected-
- Bachelor or undergraduate degree from a research university in any discipline except business administration.
- 70 students, rolling admission applies.
Want to know your chances at RSM?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
Duration: 16/18 months.
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands.
16 months ( MscBA Master in Management) - approximately €22,664 (non-EEA students ) and approximately €2,674 (EEA students).
18 months (MScIM International Management - CEMS) - approximately €25,496 (non-EEA students ) and approximately €3,009 (EEA students).
MscBA Master in Management: 15th May or Earlier ( whenever the program reaches the maximum limit).
It has a rolling admission, so the faster you apply the better.
MScIM International Management - CEMS:
- Application deadline: 31 January 2017
- Assessments and selection interviews: Monday the 6th of March, 2017
The additional expenses in addition to tuition and general living costs vary per programme and may include:
- Study materials such as books, readers, and business cases.
- Costs involved in kick-off meetings.
- Costs related to travel, international excursions and compulsory exchange semesters or internships abroad.
For a reasonable standard of living in the Netherlands, you should have an income of approximately €1,000 per month or €12,000 per year (excluding the tuition fee).
Constituents of the Application Package
- Online application form.
- Passport copy.
- Application Essays: 4 essay questions (approx. 150 words each).
- GMAT Score.
- One page CV.
- No LOR.
- A copy of college transcript.
RSM MiM Placement Statistics
MscBA Master in Management
Average Age at Graduation - 24
Nationality - 43
Employed within 6 months of Graduation - 83.5%
Sectors students were placed in:
Consultancy - 23%
Financial Services - 22%
Information/Communication - 10%
Manufacturing/Industry - 8%
Transport/Storage - 3%
Wholesale and retail - 10%
Others - 19%
Some notable companies recruiting from RSM
Deloitte, PwC, ING, Unilever, EY, KPMG, KPN, Google, IBM, Philips, Rabobank, Shell, ABN AMRO, the Boston Consulting Group, Calco, Capgemini, E.ON, Ormit, Tesla Motors, and Vodafone.
MScIM International Management - CEMS:
Employed within 3 months of graduation - 97%
Employed outside their Home country - 58%
Employed at a Multinational Corporation - 84%
Sectors students were placed in:
Management Consulting - 27%
Technology - 16%
Consumer goods - 14%
Financial - 11%
Energy - 4%
The top 10 employers of RSM MSc graduates are Deloitte, PwC, Shell, Accenture, ABN AMRO, EY, Capgemini, Google, the Boston Consulting Group, and Unilever.
Next in the RSM Masters in Management Review, find all the application essay questions listed below.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
RSM MiM Application Essay Insights (Maximum characters- 1200 per question)
1.What demonstrates your sincere interest in the programme you are applying for?
The first thing we would like you to address in your motivation letter is your ambition to be admitted to one of our MSc programmes. Some questions to ask yourself are:
- What attracted you to this particular masters programme?
- Why are you attracted to an international masters programme?
2.How do you expect the programme you are applying for to contribute to your future plans?
In the second question, we ask you to tell us about your plans for the future and how you expect the programme you'll do at RSM to help you realize these plans.
3. Why should we select you to participate in the programme you are applying for?
In the third question, we would like to you to tell us what sets you apart from other students applying for the same programme and why we should choose you. This question is particularly important for students applying for the MSc International Management/CEMS and MSc Finance & Investments Advanced programme, as only the best students get chosen for these programmes.
4.What other relevant information do you want to share with us in order to motivate your application?
Where were you born, where have you lived, what is your nationality, where did you go to school, in what kind of international activities have you participated. You can also write about what you feel you can add to the international dimension of the programme. Sometimes there may be information that is important for the application but we can't see in the documents you upload to the application. For example, if you are dyslexic or your grades have been affected by personal circumstances, please let us know.
We hope the RSM MiM Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced by the RSM MiM Site, and for more data, you should visit the official website of Rotterdam School of Management.
Find more information on the degree
Want to improve your chances of an admit at RSM?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.
Check out what our clients say
Awesome! I honestly don’t believe I could have done it without your help. After the whole experience I can firmly say that it was the best decision because it secured me the admission in one of the european top-tier business schools. Mim-Essay helped me to write my story in a way that was compelling and distinct. Through brainstorming, attentive listening, patience and hardworking the Mim-essay staff helped me to find what made me unique and competitive in a large pool of applicants. In addition, the limitless edits made the essay and resume solidified and appealing enough to stand out during application.
Thanks to Abhyank's continued mentoring that I was finally able to convert my RSM Application. The experience has been absolutely amazing and extremely streamlined. Abhyank's step by step process of asking me everything about my previous experiences starting from my childhood to my current state is quite an unprecedented practice that I have not seen any other admission counsellor do. And the way he structures all of those experiences into a cohesive and detailed prose is very remarkable. He assisted me gain insight about my own experiences which even I didn't think were possible, for example, he helped to expand and detail upon my college band experience, thus making this experience and extremely pivotal part of my application. Furthermore, he caught my small nuances of leadership qualities and paved a very clear idea of how to make those leadership qualities stand out in my application.