Saint Mary’s University
Master of Finance
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
SMU MFin Overview
Prepare yourself for the challenging world of finance. The Master of Finance from the Saint Mary’s University will help you become the sought-after job applicant that employers will compete to hire. Gain the insight needed to excel, and the global perspective, broad knowledge and honed skills to succeed as a leading financial professional. The SMU MFin program is a crucial step in your future success.
HEC MiM Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’19||–|
Want to know your chances at SMU?
Program and Curriculum
The SMU program covers key topics ranging from microeconomics to business strategy; corporate finance to risk management. So you’ll create a strong foundation of knowledge and then build upon it in a structured, logical progression through the curriculum.
Microeconomics and Business Strategy
Financial Reporting and Analysis
Applied Statistics and Data Analysis
Macroeconomics and Public Policy
Financial Statement Analysis
Futures and Options
Fixed Income Securities Analysis
- Dance (Saint Mary’s University Dance Club)
- Equestrian (Saint Mary’s Equestrian Team)
- Karate (Saint Mary’s University Shotokan Karate Club)
- Men’s Baseball (League)
- Men’s Rugby Club (League)
- Men’s Field Lacrosse (League)
- Men’s & Women’s Curling (League)
- Taiko Drumming (SMU Taiko)
- Women’s Field Hockey (League)
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Some Famous Alumni
Robert P. Kelly, former CEO of the Bank of New York Mellon
John William Ashe, President of the United Nations General Assembly, 68th session and former ambassador to the United Nations for Antigua and Barbuda.
Louis Comeau, member of Parliament, entrepreneur and former CEO of Nova Scotia Power
Masters in Management : Class Profile
There are two types of entrance scholarships available. Some applicants may qualify for both:
- Canadian Citizens or Permanent Resident cardholders who are accepted into the MFin program are automatically considered for a $4,000 entrance scholarship when their file is reviewed.
- Applicants who have successfully passed the CFA Level 1 exam and are accepted into the MFin program are automatically considered for a $4,000 entrance scholarship when their file is reviewed.
4-year university degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, accounting, finance, engineering, computer science, economics or another quantitative discipline with an overall minimum average of B
An average score across all quantitative courses of:
75% for applicants with engineering, physics, computer science, and mathematics degrees
80% for applicants with business degrees
85% for applicants with economics and international trade degrees
AASCB, & CFA
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Masters in Finance Deadlines
Fall Intake 15th May
Next Deadline Approaching in
Supplemental Form (see above)
A satisfactory score on the GMAT will be considered an asset
An up-to-date C.V./resume
Official transcripts for all universities and colleges attended.
Three (3) recommendation forms.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services