Unsure If Your Profile Will Get YOU Into Your Target Schools?
What is the Schulich MMgt Review?
The Schulich MMgt Review is useful for all the aspiring candidates who want to have an insight of the Masters of Management Program at the Schulich School of Business and understand if the school is a good fit for them. In addition to a brief review of the school, data about the MMgt application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are also presented.
Ranked No. 1 in Canada by the Forbes and CNN, the Schulich School of Business needs no introduction.The main campus of the school is located in the propitious city of Toronto, ON. There are a variety of Graduate Programs offered by Schulich like MBA, MMgt, International MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Finance, and even a collaborative Executive MBA Program with the Kellogg School of Management. As the motto suggests, "Leading Change", the Schulich School of Business strives to offer a conducive environment to all the incoming students with its aim to create leaders who are socially and ethically responsible.
Founded in 1966 as the Faculty of Administrative Studies, the School got its present day name from Seymour Schulich who donated $15 million to start the Business school. Today, the School has a highly international and strategic network in more than 45 countries around the globe.
The Schulich MMgt Program Value Proposition
- The Master of Management (MMgt) program is specially designed to help students gain knowledge of the various disciplines of management and apply it to manage different organizations and enterprises.
- This program gives you the opportunity to develop skills that are valuable to manage an organization, gain hands-on experience in class with its challenging curriculum and enhance your communication skills to stand out in the crowd.
- Provides you with an opportunity to deal with complexity, change, and ambiguity while dealing with management problems with a global scenario.
- More than 90% of the students of the MMgt Program accepted employment within 3 months of graduation.
- As part of a globally recognized business curriculum, the students get an opportunity to gain international exposure of the market.
- The MMgt Program is a 12-month long course offered at the Keele Campus situated in Toronto, a huge commercial city which boasts its perfect confluence of ideas and cultures.
- Schulich's vibrant network of alumni comprises of 30,000+ alumni who stay highly connected and responsive, and together endorse the Schulich name.
- Program starts in September
The program begins in the Fall of each year and requires the completion of three terms of rigorous study.
- Pre-Start Program
There is a mandatory pre-start program before the start of three terms and it requires you to complete two major modules mainly : -
Online Course modules in Mathematics and Accounting available at anyprep.com
Successful completion of Schulich's Flying Start Program that deals with core modules such as Accounting, Case Analysis, Finance and Quantitative Methods
- Credits Requirement
The program requires 45 credits at the end of three terms in order to successfully complete the graduation. Out of the 45 credits required, 36 credits should be earned in the required core courses while 9 from the elective courses.
- Hands-On Experience
With this critically acclaimed curriculum, you can take the advantage of a world-class diverse community at Schulich along with its highly reputed faculty who offer you a chance to be different by making you think outside the box and developing your managerial skills.
For more information on the Schulich's MMgt Program, click here.
Next, in the Schulich Master of Management Review, we are going to look at some more details about the admission requirements and application process for Schulich School of Business.
Want to know your chances at Schulich?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
Constituents of the application package
- Unofficial Undergraduate Academic Transcripts (GPA, Core, and Elective courses) from all previously attended post-secondary institutions
- 2 application essays (350 word-limit for each)
- 1 timed short essay
- 2 video essays
- One or two-page Resume/CV
- 2 References/Recommendations - one should be academic
- Official Transcripts only at the time of admission
- English Proficiency Test - TOEFL or IELTS for non-English medium students
- Application fees of $ 150 CAD
- Students with an undergraduate degree in the field of business are ineligible to apply for the MMgt Program.
- Students should have a minimum B+ average grade in the last two years of academic studies.
- Applicants with a 3-year degree course may be considered for admission if they have one year of work experience.
- Applicants with work experience of more than two full years are not eligible to apply for the MMgt program.
- Applicants are NOT required to give the GMAT or GRE examinations.
Next, in the Schulich MMgt review, we are going to look at some relevant details about the MMgt program as well as the employment opportunities after graduation.
Course Duration: 1 year divided over 3 terms
Cost per term : $ 18,020
Estimated Total Cost : $ 54,100
Additional Expenses: Books and Course material ($ 750), Room and Board ($5,000), Personal Expenses ($25,000), and Health Insurance ($450)
Scholarships: The School of Business offers a variety of scholarships to the applicants and the awards are released at the time of admission. Both merit and need-based scholarships are available.
Round 1: November 30, 2018
Round 2: February 1, 2019
Round 3: March 15, 2019
Round 4: April 30, 2019
Career Development Services
Schulich MMgt students are offered a wide range of opportunities by innovative resources and get huge support to kick-start their careers. Some salient features of the career development cell are:-
- Identifying the right choice
The CDC offers assistance in helping the students identify their strengths and make a right career choice by setting smart goals and laying down the career objectives.
- Personalized Coaching
Professionals educate the students one-on-one by sharing their own experiences and developing soft skills that are necessary to build for one's career.
- Job Opportunities
The CDC makes sure that they bring into knowledge the various job opportunities and internships available by sharing the links on their website.
- Building Connections’
Schulich hosts a number of events and seminars throughout the year to help you grow your network with eminent employers and recruiters, career coaches and advisors.
Schulich MMgt Placement Statistics
With a strongly-knit network of more than 30,000 alumni, the MMgt batch of 2016 had an employment of more than 90% after graduation.
Some top-notch companies that have recruited on campus are:-
Lastly, in the Schulich MMgt Review, we are going to look at the application essay questions.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
Schulich Essay Questions
Essay 1: How will the Schulich MMgt degree help you achieve your short and long-term career goals?
Essay 2: Please describe activities that you undertook in school or through extracurricular or volunteer activities that demonstrate your leadership ability.
Optional Essay: Is there any other information or areas of concern in your academic or personal history that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee when considering your application?
Video Essay Questions
Candidates will be asked two questions for which they have 45 seconds to prepare the response and 90 seconds to record it.
The questions will broadly be based to know the candidate more and related to the workplace.There are no right answers to the questions asked here. Applicants get a chance to go through 5 practice sets before the actual video question begins. You're expected to be formally dressed and the whole process will last for not more than 30 minutes.
Timed Short Essay Question
Candidates are given 5 minutes to answer a writing task spontaneously with interesting ideas. The question tries to test the element of spontaneity and flow of thoughts and doesn't expect a perfect product. However, grammar and spellings should be taken care of.
New to Video Essay Questions? Want to stand out in those 5 minutes? Send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we would be happy to help. 🙂
We hope the Schulich Business school's MMgt program Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced from the Schulich Business school website, and for more data, you should visit it.
Find more information on the degree