Schulich School of Business
Master of Management
Schulich MMgt Overview
The MMgt prepares students with the necessary prerequisities of management while also focusing on developing leadership and problem-solving skills. Along with that, the program also fosters the development of key competencies which are valued by the industry, that will facilitate employment in the future.
Schulich MMgt Highlights
|QS WORLD RANKINGS ’18||–|
Want to know your chances at Schulich?
Program and Curriculum
The MMgt curriculum is highly experiential, culminating with an Enterprise Consulting Project in which students will collaboratively develop actionable recommendations for a local client organization. Students will graduate from the program with:
– An ability to evaluate and solve management issues while taking into account risk, uncertainty and ambiguity
– The skills needed to work effectively in groups and teams, and to communicate effectively to a range of audiences
– An understanding of the obligation to act in a socially and ethically responsible manner MMgt graduates will be eligible for significant advanced standing into the prestigious Schulich MBA.
The curriculum is spanned over 3 terms and is preceded by a mandatory pre-start program which includes online courses available at AnyPrep.com. The link to these courses is sent to the admitted students before the beginning of their first term. Students graduate upon the successful completion of 45.00 credits.
- Business Communication and Team Dynamics
- Applied Macroeconomics
- Business and Sustainability
- Managerial Decision Analysis
- Design and Management of Organizational Processes
- Managerial Finance
- Managerial Accounting
- Strategic Thinking
- Enterprise Consulting Project
- Organizational Behaviour
- Financial Accounting for Managers
- Marketing Management
The Career Development Centre fosters learning through the mentorship of industry leaders. Top recruiters include the likes of Coca-Cola and Amazon. Placement statistics show more than 90% of the students securing job offers upon graduation.
Top 3 Sectors
Companies recruiting from Schulich MMgt
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $26,340|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $11,200|
|Average Salary||$ 97,004|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||2.8 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Schulich Alumni Info
With a strongly-knit network of more than 30,000 alumni, the MMgt batch of 2016 had an employment of more than 90% after graduation.
Some Famous Alumni
- Rob McEwen (Chairman and CEO of McEwen Mining)
- Bharat Masrani (Group President and CEO of Toronto-Dominion Bank)
- Bonnie Crombie, Mayor of Mississauga, Ontario
Schulich Business School is ranked No.1 in Canada by Forbes and CNN. There are a variety of Graduate Programs offered by Schulich like MBA, MMgt, International MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Finance, and even a collaborative Executive MBA Program with the Kellogg School of Management.
- An undergraduate degree in a field other than business with an average grade of B+
- No work experience mandatory. However, a full-time work experience of more than 2 years makes a candidate ineligible
- Completion of the online application including application essays
- Proof of English language proficiency of prior studies were not completed in English
Connect with an Schulich expert
Understand How We Can Help you 3X your Chances at Schulich with our Services
- Unofficial Undergraduate Academic Transcripts (GPA, Core, and Elective courses) from all previously attended post-secondary institutions
- 2 application essays (350 word-limit for each)
- 1 timed short essay
- 2 video essays
- One or two-page Resume/CV
- 2 References/Recommendations – one should be academic
- English Proficiency Test – TOEFL or IELTS for non-English medium students
- Application fees of $ 150 CAD
- GRE/GMAT is not required
Essay 1: How will the Schulich MMgt degree help you achieve your short and long-term career goals? (350 words)
Essay 2: Please describe activities that you undertook in school or through extracurricular or volunteer activities that demonstrate your leadership ability. (350 words)
Optional Essay: Is there any other information or areas of concern in your academic or personal history that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee when considering your application? (350 words)
Candidates will be asked two questions for which they have 45 seconds to prepare the response and 90 seconds to record it.
The questions will broadly be based to know the candidate more and related to the workplace. There are no right answers to the questions asked here. Applicants get a chance to go through 5 practice sets before the actual video question begins. You’re expected to be formally dressed and the whole process will last for not more than 30 minutes.
Candidates are given 5 minutes to answer a writing task spontaneously with interesting ideas. The question tries to test the element of spontaneity and flow of thoughts and doesn’t expect a perfect product. However, grammar and spellings should be taken care of.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services