Schulich MFin Review
The Schulich MF is a Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) Institute program partner, the global industry standard for finance professionals. The MF curriculum covers a significant portion of the CFA’s body of knowledge, enabling students to prepare for all three levels of CFA as they pursue their MF.
Applying for MFin at Schulich?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Schulich MFin Introduction
AMBA & EQUIS
The Schulich Master of Finance (MF) provides students with the robust real-world training and analytical foundation needed for a rewarding career in modern finance. Students will develop their understanding of corporate finance, risk management, private equity, compliance, etc. Courses place a strong emphasis on real-world applications and context. In addition, critical topics in governance, ethics and the legal aspects of finance are embedded in the MF curriculum.
Students also participate in Finance Research Seminars and the Professional Seminar Series, with courses in Ethics and Governance and options to specialize in Capital Markets or Financial Risk Management.
The 12-month full-time MF is designed for those who are serious about pursuing a career in finance. The programme provides a comprehensive, practical, and intellectually rigorous foundation in finance. While prior job experience is preferred, it is not required for programme acceptance.
The Master of Finance program’s collaboration with the CFA Institute means that the subject studied during the programme meets a large amount of the curriculum requirements for the CFA tests.
Students with programme partner status have access to specialised Level I sample exams on the internet, scholarships, the Financial Newsbrief, a daily investment newsletter, and other CFA publications.
The CFA programme and the MF programme have certain similarities. The MF, on the other hand, has more comprehensive coverage, particularly in the domain of investment banking. Because the MF is a graduate academic degree, it includes a research component. It also exposes students to cutting-edge scholarly work in the discipline. There are other crucial learning tools outside of the CFA curriculum, like data analysis, statistical analysis, and software applications.
Investment banking and asset management are among the job opportunities available to Schulich Master of Finance graduates. These positions are in private equity firms, central banks, hedge funds, consulting businesses, and government agencies.
The students will access the Centre for Career Design during the MF programme (CCD). The CCD, as Schulich’s in-house staff of credentialed Career Coaches and Industry Advisors, can help you launch your career with a variety of innovative programmes, resources, and individualised coaching. In addition, you can meet alumni, recruiters, and industry experts at corporate events. You can also get online access to the most incredible career tools available.
Schulich MFin Class Profile
The Schulich Master of Finance (MF) programme gives students the practical experience and intellectual grounding they need to succeed in modern finance.
Students will learn about corporate finance, risk management, private equity, compliance, and other topics. The emphasis in the courses is on real-world applications and context. In a class of almost 83 students, the MF curriculum includes important themes such as governance, ethics, and legal elements of finance. There are students from around 64 countries with an average work experience of 12 months in the MF program at Schulich.
Average Work Ex
Schulich MFin Acceptance Rate
The Schulich MF programme will prepare you to lead in today’s complicated business climate by providing specific finance expertise. Recruiters recognise Schulich MF graduates’ technical expertise, financial decision-making, and communication skills.
With an acceptance rate of 30%, a Master in Finance at Schulich School of Business is one of the most competitive courses to pursue.
Program and Curriculum of Schulich MFin
Schulich intensive 12-month MF emphasises real-world application and technical, communication, and decision-making skills. In addition, the curriculum provides specialised knowledge on both the buy and the sell-side of capital markets, whether in investment banking, risk management, or asset management.
Critical topics in governance, ethics and the legal aspects of finance are also embedded in your studies, preparing you to understand the important contextual dynamics of the industry. The Schulich MF allows you to chart a course in finance that aligns with your career goals, offering streams in Capital.
You’ll also benefit from the program’s unique Research and Professional Seminar Series, which provides exclusive opportunities to engage with leading scholars and industry experts.
- Intermediate Financial Accounting for Finance Majors
- Econometrics of Financial Markets
- Research Seminar Series
- Capital Markets
- Professional Seminar Series
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND VALUATION
- Institutional Wealth Management
- Investment Banking
- Fixed Income Securities
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Corporate Financial Analysis
Financial risk management courses
- Corporate Financial Analysis
- Fixed Income Securities
- Stochcastic Calculus in Finance
- Advanced Derivative Securities
- Finance Speaker Series
- Schulich Finance Association (SFA)
- Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Club
- Schulich Investment Banking Club
- Portfolio Management Club
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into Schulich MFin)
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience.
Admission to the MSc Finance program is very competitive, and the selection committee will pay close attention to all aspects of the application. Here is a list of documents required for the application procedure:
Document Related to the Application
- Online application
- Quantitative experience statement
- Contact details of two referees (one of which must be academic)
- Full transcripts of your degree level studies to date
- GMAT/GRE results
- Personal statement
- Up-to-date CV.
- English language test results
The Schulich Master of Finance provided the intensive industry grounding and accelerated CFA pathway to launch a great career.
- Candidates who have completed CFA Level 1 or higher, candidates with a CPA (Canada) designation, and graduates from the Schulich School of Business BBA program with a B+ or higher GPA in the last two years of the program can get the wavier for GMAT/GRE.
Schulich MFin Deadlines
Each year, the MF programme begins in September.
5 October 2022
25 January 2023
5 April 2023
7 June 2023
Schulich MFin Employment
The Schulich School of Business is an essential recruiting destination for financial service firms looking to acquire top talent.
As a result, the MF class sees consistently high placement rates, with over 90% of graduates hired within six months of graduation, based on previous cohort data. Graduates enjoy rewarding careers as analysts or associates at the big five Canadian banks, ICICI and HSBC, asset management firms such as Burgundy, and investment firms such as Fidelity. Consultancies including KPMG, EY, Deloitte and PwC have also hired from within Schulich’s talented MF graduate pool. Given the program’s academic rigour, some alumni have gone on to pursue a PhD in Finance.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring Schulich MFin Graduates
Schulich MFin Alumni Info
As a future graduate of Schulich School of Business, you will hold lifelong membership in the school’s forever alumni network, a network of more than 34,000 alumni. In addition, its members will help you further develop your career regardless of which stage you are at by providing you with career development information, exchanging business information with you and sharing their experiences for you to build on.
Some Famous Alumni
- Paruksheen Dhunjisha, Co-Founder, GiveAMask.ca
- Dennis Mitchell, CEO & CIO, Starlight Capital
- Max Vivier, Data Scientist, Roblox
- Reetu Gupta, CEO and President, The Gupta Group
- Dipesh Pattni, Founder & CEO, Ayd Cares
- Andrew Wilson, COO, GrowerIQ
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Schulich MFin
Essay question 1: What are your short term and long term career goals, and how will your selected program help you achieve these goals? (Word limit on Schulich’s website is not mentioned, CRM mentions 350)
Essay Question 2: Is there any other information or area of concern in your academic or personal history that you believe would be helpful to the admission committee when considering your application? (This question is optional)
Letter of Recommendation for Schulich MFin
- How long and in what capacity have you known the candidate? (No word limit)
- If this is a work-related reference, in what position is/was the candidate employed and for how long? (No word limit)
- What do you consider to be the candidate’s principal strengths/talents? (No word limit)
- What do you consider the candidate’s weaknesses or areas that need improvement? (No word limit).
Interview Questions for Schulich MFin
- What can you tell me about yourself?
- Could you please walk me through your resume?
- Why pursue a master of finance degree? Why did you choose the Schulich School of Business?
- Why an MF now or at this point in your career?
- What are your immediate and long-term objectives?
- What is your backup plan if consulting/investment banking does not pan out?
- What are your main assets? Could you please provide some examples?
- What is your most significant flaw? Could you please provide some examples?
- What value can you bring to the class?
- Why should we bother you?
- Is there a reason why we shouldn’t choose you?
- Which destination, if you had to choose one, would you choose and why?
- Why did you choose Canada?
- Why not China, for example? If it were China, what would be the comparative advantages?
- When you were working with your clients, what was the most exciting event?
- What do you like to do when you have free time?
What makes Schulich MFin Unique
- Schulich has been a trailblazer in Canada in creating cutting-edge programmes and transforming the way management education is provided since its founding in 1966.
- The school provides competitive, robust undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programmes, as well as extensive executive education and valuable international possibilities.
- Schulich’s numerous specialisations allow you to advance your career in your own unique way.
- The Schulich Business School is a leader in graduate management education. It offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes that demonstrate its commitment to providing innovative programmes for future business leaders.
- Schulich is one of the world’s top business schools and the best in Canada.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is Schulich a good investment?
Schulich University’s Finance programme is one of the most comprehensive in Canada, covering a wide range of financial activities such as company financial management, investment management, and private wealth management.
What is Schulich Business School known for?
Schulich is internationally known for its academics, cutting-edge programmes, and a cutting-edge learning environment.
Is pursuing a master's degree in finance in Canada worthwhile?
Graduates with a Master of Finance degree can work in financial planning, corporate finance, or investment banking. Graduates can also pursue careers as financial analysts or managers. A finance graduate’s annual income ranges from CAD 50,000 to 60,000. Hence, it is absolutely worth it to pursue a master of finance in Canada.
What qualities does Schulich want in a student?
While academic achievement is vital, Schulich is searching for well-rounded students who can display leadership potential, honesty, resourcefulness, perseverance, and a collaborative mindset.
What is the procedure for accepting a Schulich offer?
When your confirmation deposit is due, it will be specified in your offer of admission. This deposit will be applied to the first semester’s tuition. Complete your Admission Confirmation form and submit your confirmation deposit by the date specified in your official Offer of Admission Letter to accept your offer of admission.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services