SDA BOCCONI SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
Roberto Sarfatti, Milan, Italy
SDA Bocconi MBA Overview
SDA Bocconi is one of the highest-ranked schools of management in the world and a trailblazer in European business education. The 1-year MBA is designed to flexibly meet the needs of students, with personal care and global exposure. The program goes beyond conventional managerial knowledge, and connects students with top-notch, inspirational leaders and iconic brands: from Google to Starbucks, from Prada, Gucci and Valentino to Illy.
SDA Bocconi MBA Highlights
Faculty to Student Ratio
|QS World Rankings ’20||23|
Want to know your chances at SDA Bocconi?
Program and Curriculum
The SDA Bocconi Full-Time MBA is an ambitious undertaking: Core Courses and Concentrations sequentially occur in 9 intense months of class, between October and June. From June onwards, and for up to six months, you can flexibly choose among individual internship, entrepreneurial project or group business lab to practice what you learned. More alternatives for the Fall Term include staying on campus to test and consolidate your soft skills with business games, 360-degree cases and other final courses, or going on exchange to other top international business schools.
The sequences of Core Courses take place in 5 Terms from September to March: Term 1 (October/November), Term 2 (November/December), Term 3 (January/February), Term 4 (February/March), Term 5 (March/April).
- Populism and the Economy
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Competitive Strategy
- Microeconomics for Managers
- Business Analytics
- Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Understanding Investments
- Strategic Economic Analysis
- Predictive Analytics of Big Data
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Banking and Capital Markets
- Macroeconomics for Managers
- Cost Management and Profitability Analysis
- Marketing Analytics
- Corporate Strategy
- Python Coding and Application (non-mandatory)
- Decisions & Uncertainty
- Operations Strategy
- Corporate Sustainability
- Managing People in Organizations
- Macroeconomics in Action
- Bloomberg (non-mandatory)
- Supply Chain Management
- Organizational Design in the Information Age
- Performance Management and Control
- Corporate Valuation
- Technology and Innovation Management
- Perspectives on Emerging Markets (non-mandatory)
The electives are clustered in 4+1 concentrations among which students have to take choices.
1. Finance and Financial Institutions
- Structured and Project Finance
- Real Estate Investment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Derivatives & Hedging
- Investment Banks: Mastering Deal Execution
2. Innovation, Product Development, Execution
- Strategy Execution
- Making Innovation Happen: Scenarios, People, Practices
- Ideating and Launching New Products
- Digital Enabled Business Transformation
- Innovating in the Global Landscape
3. Customer Marketing
- Brand Management
- Non-Market Strategies
- Digital Strategy
4. Private Equity and Entrepreneurship
- Change and Renewal Strategies
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Private Equity
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Managing Alliances
5. Luxury Business Management
- Go-to-Market and Going Global
- Retail Deep Dive
- Global Mindset
- In-Company Project
SDA Bocconi MBA program requires a strong investment in relationships, cooperation and teamwork. This environment builds candidates with a truly global mindset and strong diversity management skills. Almost all of them pursue a substantial change in their careers in either industry sector, function or country, and they are invariably successful. The MBA Career Services division works with you for the entire duration of the program to support your professional development.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
Companies recruiting from SDA Bocconi MBA
- McKinsey & Co.
- Bain & Co.
- Boston Consulting Group
- A.T. Kearney
- Credit Suisse
- Generali Investements
- Zurich Insurance Group
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Tuition Fees||€ 59,000|
|Cost of Living||+ € 19,800|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– € 5000|
|Total Investment||€ 73,800|
|Average Salary|| € 80, 862
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||3.6 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
SDA Bocconi Alumni Info
Bocconi University has over 114,000 alumni, with 16,000 alumni coming from SDA Bocconi. This dynamic network of people based in more than 110 countries is an invaluable asset. Through the alumni network, you can access a wealth of experience and knowledge, and build strong and lasting relationships.
Some Famous Alumni
- Kaarel Ots – the Chairman of the Management Board of Nasdaq Tallinn
- Andrea Illys – the Chairman of illycaffè S.p.A.,
- Dubravka Nègre – Head of EIB Regional Representation for the Western Balkans
SDA Bocconi MBA : Class Profile
Concentration in Luxury Business Management. This is an almost unique option among concentrations offered by international MBA programs. It is also strategically located in Milan, one of the world capitals of fashion and luxury.The concentration addresses both theoretical and practical aspects, giving you the opportunity to interact directly with industry managers and to visit some of the most iconic luxury maisons in the world, as well as providing you with professional knowledge and skills to succeed in your job.
- Bachelors degree.
- Applicants must ahev between 3 to 10 yeras of proffessional work experience. If you do not have this requirement you can only be admitted if you have an excellent academic background, test scores, transversal skills, and motivation.
AMBA, AASCB, & EQUIS
The application fees for direct application is € 100
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment.
- A one-page resume (CV).
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA.
- GMAT official test score report.
- English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or IELTS or Cambridge or PTE).
- Copy of Passport or ID card.
- 2 completed online reference forms.
- Passport-style photo in .jpg or .jpeg format only.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services