Simon Fraser University
Masters in Finance
Public university in Burnaby, Canada
Simon Fraser MFin Overview
The Simon Fraser University designed the MSc Finance program to meet global demand for skilled risk management and investment management professionals. The program is ideal for early- to mid-career professionals with a facility for quantitative finance.
The curriculum is based on a foundation of financial theory and real-world experience. Choose between two streams: Investment Management and Risk Management.
Strong finance skills are essential for any organization. Be prepared to succeed in a career in investment management, risk management and any area that calls for a thorough understanding of financial theory and well-developed quantitative and analytical skills. Potential employers include banks and financial institutions, investment and public accounting firms, FinTech and other start-ups, securities regulators, governments, management consulting firms, and insurance companies.
SFU MFin Highlights
2 International Electives
Women in Finance.
Want to know your chances at SFU?
Program and Curriculum
MSc Finance lets you develop your analytical and technical skills in all aspects of finance. This full-time, 16-month SFU Beedie MSc Finance program is based in downtown Vancouver. It teaches you the fundamentals of finance, asset pricing, market risk management, and credit risk management.
Investment management and risk management streams allow you to acquire additional expertise in the areas of equity security analysis and strategic asset allocation.
Blend finance theory with practice
- Develop financial skills employers need
- Investment and risk management streams
- Manage a real-life investment fund
- Learn industry financial platforms
MATHEMATICS FOR COMPUTATIONAL FINANCE
STATISTICS FOR FINANCIAL ECONOMICS
FINANCIAL MODELING TOOLS
FINANCIAL ECONOMICS I
DERIVATIVE SECURITIES I
EQUITY SECURITY ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT I
FIXED INCOME SECURITY ANALYSIS AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
DERIVATIVE SECURITIES II
As an MSc Finance student, you’ll enjoy access to the SFU Beedie Career Management Centre (CMC) team. SFU is a dedicated advisor who can provide you with invaluable networking opportunities, a vast depth of online resources, personalized career advice, and mentorship. For the rest of your career, you’ll have access to the CMC’s key tools.
With a dedicated career advisor, countless networking opportunities and invaluable resources, you’ll get all the support you need to level up.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 5 Sectors
- Financial Engineer
- Quantitative Analyst
- Risk management Analyst
- Technology Risk Consultant
- Commercial Banking
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
SFU Alumni Info
The SFU Beedie School of Business, have a community of over 26,000 alumni living across the globe, a community known for being innovative, socially responsible and globally-minded.
Masters in Management : Class Profile
Average Work Experience
SFU wants to hear from numerate, critical thinkers with an undergraduate degree in mathematics, sciences, engineering, economics or business seeking to develop technical and analytical skills.
A four-year undergraduate degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.33 (B) or a grade point average of at least 3.33/4.33 (B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses from a recognized University.
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Masters in Finance
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 8th November 2019|
|Round 2 31st January 2020|
|Round 3 27th March 2020|
|Round 4 29th May 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
In order to use the online application system, you will need to pay an application fee of $90 CAN (students with Canadian transcripts) or $125 CAN (students with international transcripts) by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
Additional costs for textbooks and related materials: approximately $2,500 (CAD).
- Undergraduate degree: min 3.0 CGPA in a quantitative discipline, which may include business, economics, mathematics, engineering or the sciences
- A one-page resume (CV).
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA.
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report.
- English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS or Cambridge).
- Copy of Passport or ID card.
- International applicants will require a valid Canadian student visa
- 3 completed online reference forms.
- Passport-style photo in .jpg or .jpeg format only.
REQUIRED ESSAY (please limit your answers to 500 words
- Since 2015, Vancouver has been privileged to host the TED Conference (www.ted.com), which is founded on the premise “Ideas Worth Spreading”. If you were to design and deliver your own TED Talk, what story would you tell? Also, provide a title.
OPTIONAL ESSAY (please limit your answer to 250 words)
- Please provide any additional information that you would like to share with our Admissions Committee. This may include an explanation of your previous academic performance; performance on standardized exams such as GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, or IELTS; any gaps in employment; or any other information you deem relevant.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services