Singapore Management University
SMU MiM Overview
The SMU MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at Singapore Management University and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Masters in Management also known as MSc in Management application process, the class profile and placement statistics are presented.
SMU MiM Highlights
Average Work Exp
|QS WORLD RANKINGS ’18||19|
Want to know your chances at SMU?
Program and Curriculum
The SMU Master of Science in Management (MiM) provides a path to graduates with no prior business experience to move to a career in business.
This 18-month full-time program seeks to apply theory to practical case studies through its rigorous curriculum. Equipping the students with all fundamental skills to translate their careers into business, the program also provides a platform to explore widest possible career options in the business world.
- Business Study Mission (BSM)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Consumer Analytics
- Negotiation Analysis
- Managerial Accounting
- International Business
- Financial Markets
- Digital Business
- Decision Analysis
- Business Analytics & Quantitative Methods
- Corporate Finance
- Global Economics
- Managing People and Organisations
- Marketing Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Communication Strategy
- E.y.E Investment Club
- Merchants’ Club
- Operations Management Society
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resources Society (OBHR Society)
- Q.E.D (Quantitative Finance Club)
- SMU Marketing Society (Smarketing)
- Student-Managed Investment Fund (SMIF)
Meld academic concepts with actual business situations and put knowledge into practice with a 5-month internship (depending on employer
requirements). This includes a stipend ranging from S$1,200 to S$1,500* per month.
Make an impact even before graduation as you apply academic theories to tackle business challenges with a real business client. Designed
based on our unique SMU-X pedagogy, the Practicum is a project-based learning experience which encourages students to acquire deeper
knowledge through an active exploration of real-world challenges and problems.
80% of MiM graduates get placed within 3 months of graduation. Options are pretty high for global jobs as well. Graduates can work in a wide range of sectors.
MAXIMUM STARTING SALARY
Top 3 Sectors
- Technology 22%
- Finance 15%
- Education 11%
Companies recruiting from SMU MIM
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Advisory Board Company – Arthur D Little
- Bank of China
- Morris Grayson
- Prudential Insurance
- Apple South Asia
- Tech in Asia
- HeyMath! Innovation Lab
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE'S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
SMU Alumni Info
SMU has a diverse student population from many different countries, bringing the equally diverse personal and professional experience into your network. Take advantage of comprehensive guidance from our dedicated career services to aid your career transition or advancement.
The Lee Kong Chian School of Business Alumni Board supports the School in engaging the alumni community to contribute to the achievement of the School’s vision and strategic goals.
The Alumni Board comprises of 15 members at the most.
Check out what our Past SMU clients say about our Services
My experience with MiM-Essay exceeds my expectations! I had such a great time in my school application process. The team had such a great game plan and really helped me throughout the whole process. The team not only helped me technically with my application and interview process but also provided constructive feedback and motivation. In particular, I have been working with Abhyank, the founder of this great team.
The experience was awesome and I could not ask for more. I found the MIM website while searching in google randomly. I posted a few questions in the live chat section and got answers. I had not paid for any of their services but they answered my queries regardless of this. I was really happy with all these services. I would say it really helped me to stick to the time frames, especially since I was doing my applications along with my job.
Master in Management: Class Profile
SMU MiM is specifically designed for students to earn sound knowlegde of business principles and managerial fundamentals with a range of practical disciplines and allowing them to bridge past earned academic learnings into the world of business values.
The admirable SMU faculty is a good mixture of industry practiotioners, avid scholars. thei programme offers vigorous educational insight with a unique concentration on sustainable supply chain and logistics which to the advantage of Singapore’s staus as a global commercial hub of logistics and services.
- An undergraduate degree.
- A good GMAT score or SMU Admissions Test.
- A valid TOEFL/IELTS score if the medium of instruction of the undergraduate degree is not English.
- 2 reference letters.
Masters of Science in Management Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 30 June 2019|
|Round 2 31 August 2019|
|Round 3 31 October 2019|
Next Deadline for Jan Intake Approaching in
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 31 January 2020|
|Round 2 31 March 2020|
|Round 3 30 April 2020|
Next Deadline for July Intake Approaching in
- Transcripts of your previous institution
- An official copy of your degree certificate
- Online application form
- Application Essays
- GMAT/GRE score
- One page CV
- 2 Letter of Recommendations; one academic & one professional
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge CPE, CAE or PTE Academic score (for some international students)
- Application fee S$100, non-refundable.
The SMU MiM application consists of a personal statement of two 300-word long essays that are further explained as under:
Please attach your personal statements in one document (no zip files please) in the first attachment box. Please write your name on all pages of the document
1. In approximately 300 words, tell us what you will bring to the MSc. In Management (MM) Programme (unique contributions based on your academic and non-academic strengths).
2. In approximately 300 words, describe how taking up the MM Programme fits with your future goals and career plans.