Start Your Masters Journey With This Free Profile Evaluation
What is the St. Gallen MiM Review?
The St. Gallen MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Strategy and International Management program at the University of St. Gallen and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Strategy and International Management application process and the class profile are presented.
The Master of Arts Strategy and International Management (SIM-HSG) program began in 2004 and entered Financial Times Masters in Management ranking in 2010, ranking 4th. The program is research-based, academic rigor, highly interactive in nature and practice-oriented. 100% of the faculty are doctorates and 77% are international faulty. Students are being offered internationally oriented curriculum via experiencing foreign cultures through SIMagination Challenge and SIM International Projects.
St. Gallen offers a variety of Masters programs:
- Master of Arts in Strategy and International Management(SIM-HSG)- An 18 months program to kick start your career in the business world, aimed at graduates with a degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent degrees.
- Masters of Arts in Banking and Finance- An excellent choice for graduates with a passion in the field of finance. Ranked No.10 by the Financial Times, this program is available in Full time and is for 18 months. Also, prior experience in Finance is not obligatory for this degree.
In case, if you have any query related to admissions, you can get in touch with the admissions committee at [email protected] for a consultation.
The St. Gallen Masters in Management value proposition
- SIM is the flagship program and is Ranked No.1 by Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking for six consecutive years since 2011
- Ranked No.1 by Financial Times for International Course experience and Ranked No.3 for Placement.
- Has close ties to leading international corporations which conduct interactive workshops, lectures, site visits as well as international internships
- Mandatory International Social Project which creates enriching and meaningful experiences for students to become a better global citizen
- Partnered with INCAE Business School, Costa Rica and Nanyang Business School, Singapore to offer students an opportunity of gaining a Master’s Degree and an MBA within two years
- Double Degree programs with ESADE, Barcelona; HEC, Paris; RSM Erasmus University, Rotterdam; and FGV-EAESP, Fundação GetulioVargas, São Paulo
- Exchange programs with more than 190 partner universities worldwide
Skills which St. Gallen values
St. Gallen has the most competitive SIM program in the world and is on the lookout for high potential candidates who exhibit the following skills:
Critical and Creative Thinking Integrity
Self-Reflection Analytical Attitude
Maturity Global Mindset
- If you wish to give additional information with regards to competencies and skills, you can add the same in the corresponding sections of the CV template. Be sure to mention how you exhibit these skills, and back them up with relevant examples.
- If you wish to submit a Letter of Motivation or Reference Letters, you can submit the same by adding it to the supporting documents section of the online application. (Though this is not obligatory)
Next, in the St. Gallen Strategy and International Management Review, we are going to look at application requirements and eligibility criteria.
Want to be a part of the 2019 success stories?
Duration: 18 Months.
Location: St.Gallen, Switzerland.
Tuition Fee for 2018 intake: SFr. 1426 per semester for Swiss Nationals.
SFr. 3326 per semester for Foreign Nationals.
A number of different scholarships are offered, check out the full list here.
Living Expenses in St.Gallen: SFr. 2300/ Month.
Application deadline for St. Gallen Strategy and International Management 2019 intake:
The degree programme starts in autumn semester. Application period is: 1 October - 30 April
Rolling admission procedure, though it is advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Applications are reviewed within four admission rounds:
Application Round 1 October 1, 2018 – November 30, 2018
Decision Round 1 December 1, 2018 – December 21, 2018
Application Round 2 December 1, 2018 – February 1, 2019
Decision Round 2 February 2, 2019 – March 1, 2019
Application Round 3 February 2, 2019 – March 31, 2019
Decision Round 3 April 1, 2019 – April 25, 2019
Application Round 4 April 1, 2019 – April 30, 2019
Decision Round 4 May 1, 2019 – May 31, 2019
The selection process at University of St. Gallen for Strategy and International Management program is based on the following criteria: -
- GMAT or GRE score (20%) – For evaluating GMAT scores, the total score is taken into consideration wherein the valuation for GRE scores both the verbal and the quantitative reasoning places a significant role.
- Average Grade throughout undergraduate studies (20%) – The Average grade of your degree certificate matters for this 20% score. For an individual who is applying before graduation, the average grade of all examinations taking at the time of application is taken into account.
- Extracurricular activities and work experience (20%) – You can bring forward all elements and events that aided your personal development, as well as the academic work, you have been a part of, and explain what you have learned from it. You can be detailed and talk about how you have displayed the different competencies St Gallen is looking for (in the CV and Interview Questions).
- Essay (10%) – St. Gallen requires an essay on an argumentative topic. Check the details on the topic in the Application Essay Insights section below.
- Video Interview (30%) – You will receive an email from the SIM Management on successful submission of the online application for Video Interview.
2016 Class Profile
|Male / female ratio||60% / 40%|
Lastly, in the St. Gallen MiM Review, you can find all the application essay questions listed below.
Check out what our Past St. Gallen clients say about our Services
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
As an applicant to the Master in Strategy and International Management program (SIM-HSG) you are required to write and submit an original Essay as part of your application documents.
Through the SIM Essay, you are asked to critically reflect upon a relevant question. You are encouraged to express your own view on the question’s topic in a structured manner, whilst remaining true to your personal style. The strength of the argumentation, evidence of critical and creative thinking, communication skills and a structured reasoning should prevail over the use of literature or content research.
"Today humanity is facing unprecedented challenges on a global scale. In your view,are we asking the right questions, are we focusing on the relevant root problems-or have we so far missed out to address the key drivers of our progress and well-being?
Please focus your critical reflections on the one most fundamental key driver and argue thoroughly."
This Argumentative essay is a way for them to see your writing style, thought process as well as your analytical abilities. They complement your CGPA and give the ad com a way to understand your academic potential.
It is the Interview Questions and via the CV that the admission committee basically analyzes your profile and understands if you display the competencies they are looking for and if you fit with the philosophy of St. Gallen as a university.
With a class of just 55 students, St. Gallen's is very selective and accepts only the best among the application pool.
So, make sure you have ace all three parts of the application, the essay, the CV and the Interview, they WILL make or break your case.
We hope that the St. Gallen MiM Review was able to provide you with ample amount of information about the flagship MiM Program offered by the University of St. Gallen. All information has been sourced from the official website, for more information you can visit the official website of the University of St. Gallen.
Find more information on the degree
Couldn't have asked for more!
I can say that investing in an essay-editing service is one of the best investments I have ever made. I came to MiM-Essay with big dreams and not-so-good numbers. Abhyank worked with me to bring out everything positive that I had done to tell my story, to show my assets and make them shine brighter than my numbers. Getting into ESSEC would have been difficult without that help.
Just go for it!
I would say, do not think twice about it and GO for it. It is a worthwhile investment and will go a long way in helping you secure a place at your dream college. I not only got into my target colleges- HEC & ESSEC, but even won a 20,000 euro scholarship!
Love their approach
Thanks to their continued mentoring I was finally able to convert my RSM Application. The experience has been absolutely amazing & extremely streamlined. Their step by step process of asking me everything about my previous experiences starting from my childhood to my current state is quite an unprecedented practice that I have not seen any other admission counselor do. And the way they structure all of those experiences into a cohesive & the detailed prose is very remarkable. Overall, I'm completely impressed with MIM Essay & would highly recommend it to anyone who needs help for preparing his master's application.
Nothing but the best!
It was a great experience working with MiM-Essay team, they helped me crack into LBS my first priority, I did not even need to think of my second-priority or whatsoever. If MiM-Essay team diagnosed you, and then, ensured that you have a high level of possibility of achieving your aims, they definitely can help you prepare for the applications perfectly.
Never thought would get both my target schools!
They know what they do and they are 100% effective. I wanted to get into LSE and Duke, & with their assistance in all the phase of the admission process, we succeeded! To everyone who is wondering if these services are useful, I can firmly say that I probably couldn’t have succeeded without them.
The MiM-Essay team can significantly improve your essays and increase your chances of getting into your target programs. For people with a non-business background, the MiM-Essay team is good at highlighting the relevant information within your experiences, and making the stories resonate with audiences. An admit from HEC just proves the worth of their services 🙂
Worth every penny!
I would strongly recommend this service. It is worth every penny, the application essays are a very important part of your application and getting help from MiM-Essay's team was one of the best decisions I took. They definitely helped me optimize my chances to get into my dream school, I am super happy to land an admit at ESCP.
Taking the essay and interview pack was one of the best decisions I made during the journey, not only is their profound knowledge about business schools very helpful but also their constant support will keep you motivated. I am very happy with the service they propose. I truly believe it gave me a strong competitive advantage and helped me present a polished image of myself in front of the LBS panel, ultimately getting me an admit.
Best investment of my life!
Admits from both HEC & ESSEC :D.... to those contemplating whether to try their services or not....don't think.. Just take them ... I couldn't think of any other service better than theirs'... Be is essay .. LOR .. Or interview .. They are the best in all... Not just for MIM essay they are commendable with MBA essay as well..
A Merit & an Eiffel Scholarship! Hell Yeah!
I wouldn't think twice if I had to go back in time to choose MiM-Essay again. They provide the best one can offer for the best price. And since they are specialised for this MiM counseling, one shouldn't think of any other service apart from theirs when it comes to applying for MiM courses. The 2 scholarships & admits from ESSEC & ESCP, just prove this point.
They made my application shine!
Mim-Essay helped me write my story in a way that was compelling and distinct. Through brainstorming, attentive listening, patience and hard work, the Mim-essay staff helped me find what made me unique and competitive in a large pool of applicants. In addition, the limitless edits made the essays and the resume engaging and appealing enough to stand out during the application
Want to improve your chances of an admit at the St. Gallen?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.