University of St. Gallen
University of St.Gallen school Overview
Strategy in International Management is a rigorous top-ranked Master and flagship program of University of St.Gallen. The Strength of the program is the curriculum and success that is internationally recognized and so the SIM program ranks 1st according to the Financial Times for eight consecutive years. Through the program, you will learn in a collaborative environment that fosters both effective teamwork and individual leadership. In addition to providing excellent management skills, SIM helps you understand, develop and enhance your leadership style through various projects as well as seminars and individual coaching.
University of St.Gallen School
CEMS MIM alliance
31 leading B-schools
|The Economist ’19||2|
|QS World Rankings ’19||9|
Want to know your chances at The University of
Program and Curriculum
The Master of Arts Strategy and International Management (SIM-HSG) program began in 2004 and entered Financial Times Masters in Management ranking in 2010, ranking 4th. The program is research-based, academic rigor, highly interactive in nature and practice-oriented. 100% of the faculty are doctorates and 77% are international faulty. Students are being offered internationally oriented curriculum via experiencing foreign cultures through SIMagination Challenge and SIM International Projects.
- Marketing and Consumer behavior
- Organisational behavior and change
- Financial Management
- Strategic Management
- International Management
- Strategic Leadership
- Research in Management
- Alliance and network strategy
- Digitalization and customer centricity
- Exploring sustainability as a strategic opportunity
- The global leader and Managerial effectiveness
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business model Innovation
- Comparative Management system
- Strategies for Renewal
St. Gallen Graduates pursue a career in consulting, financial services, industry or entrepreneurship. Some of the recruiting companies include Accenture, Adidas, E-on B&C , Google.
Companies recruiting from St.Gallen SiM
- Bain & Company
- Boston Consulting Group
- L.E.K consulting
- Credit Suisse
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
HSG Alumni is the official alumni association at the University of St. Gallen, with almost 27,000 members and more than 180 formal organizations established throughout the five continents.
Masters in Management :Class Profile
The SIM program at the University of St. Gallen gives you the opportunity of international exposure with its mandatory International social project. Also, the has close ties several international corporations which makes the program even more attractive for students on the lookout for international opportunities.
- Recognized degree with atleast 180 ECTS Credit points
- Evidence of linguistic proficiency
- Evidence of proficiency in atleast 1 foreign language
- Evidence of sufficient accounting knowledge
- Valid GMAT/GRE Score
ADMITS IN 2018
ADMITS IN 2019
Connect with a St. Gallen School expert
Understand How We Can Help you 3X your Chances at St. Gallen with our Services
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 25 November 2019|
|Round 2 31 January 2020|
|Round 3 31 March 2020|
|Round 4 30 April 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The application fee is CHF 250
- Digital passport photo
- Signed “General Provisions of the University of St. Gallen”
- Passport or ID card and, if applicable, a Swiss (permanent) residence permit
- Curriculum vitae in English – style template
- Supporting documents for extracurricular activities
- Evidence of linguistic proficiency in English
- Essay in English
- GMAT or GRE test (official or unofficial score report)
- Higher education entrance qualification (Swiss Matura, foreign secondary school leaving certificate)
- Degree documents, if available. Otherwise current official transcripts from each university attended (including exchange programmes and transcripts from unfinished degree programmes). The current transcript must show at least 120 ECTS credit points for courses taken so that we can process your application. In the case of double degree programmes or “joint degrees”, transcripts from each attended university including explanatory notes on the course programme must be submitted.
- If any of the documents are not issued in German, French, Italian or English, you must also submit a certified translation of the document in German or English. Please observe our guidelines “Certified documents and translations”.
- Only one file can be uploaded per bullet point. You can use online tools such as online2pdf.com to create PDF files or to combine several pages into one PDF file. Make sure the files you send to us are legible so that we can process your application without delay.
- Swiss citizens need their Swiss social insurance number (AHV number) for the application. If you do not know your insurance number, please order a duplicate of your insurance certificate from the Swiss Central Compensation Office in good time.
As an applicant to the Master in Strategy and International Management programme(SIM-HSG) you are required to write and submit an original Essay as part of your application documents.
Through the SIM Essay, you are asked to reflect critically upon a relevant question. You are encouraged to express your own view on the question’s topic in a structured manner, whilst remaining true to your personal style. The strength of the argumentation, evidence of critical and creative thinking, communication skills and a structured reasoning should prevail over the use of literature or content research.
There is one question for the 2020 Intake:
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself”. This statement was penned by Leo Tolstoy. What are your reflections on it? Share your concluding viewpoint and argue thoroughly. (600-800 words (app. 1 to 1 ½ A4 pages), excluding cover page, and eventual bibliography)
Watch this YouTube video on 7 Things You Must Know About St Gallen!