Texas McCombs School of Business
Texas McCombs MSF Overview
The Texas Master of Science in Finance (MSF) program offers a unique intersection of finance theory and technical, quantitative aptitude from a top-ranked public university. Texas MSF’s world-renowned faculty will give you the skills necessary to work in the finance industry. Our program is not only designed by industry experts but is designed for you to acquire in-demand financial modeling skills and broaden your career opportunities with hiring employers.
Texas McCombs MSF Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’19||26|
Want to know your chances at Texas McCombs?
Program and Curriculum
The Texas MS Finance program is designed to let students complete the 36 credit hour degree in just 10 months. The MS Finance curriculum is lockstep through the Summer and Fall semesters. Several electives are introduced in the Spring semester that allows students to select a specialized curriculum path. With approval from the Program Director, the opportunity to take up to six credit hours outside of your program offerings is possible on an as-available basis.
- Financial Strategies
- Energy Technologies
- Financial Risk Management
- Quantitative Trading Strategies
- Valuation of Energy Investments
- Computational Finance
- Advanced Accounting
- Financial Management
- Financial Accounting
- Statistics for Financial Applications
- Advanced Valuation and Modeling
- Investment Theory and Practice
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Intermediate Accounting
- Portfolio Management
- Financial Statement & Security Analysis
- Energy Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Asset Management
- Investment Banking.
In addition to learning the skills, you will need to thrive in careers in finance, analytics, marketing, or information technology, the Texas McCombs Master of Science degrees will help prepare you for the step from graduate school into a career.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 8 Sectors
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Portfolio Management Analyst
- Structured Finance Analyst
- Operations Analyst
- Real Estate Analyst
- Acquisitions Analyst
- Valuation and Business Modeling Analyst
Companies recruiting from Texas McCombs MSF
- BBVA Compass
- Credit Suisse
- Goldman Sachs
- Dimensional Fund Advisors
- JP Morgan
- Wells Fargo
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $10,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $5,600|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||2.6 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Master of Science in Finance : Class Profile
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Mathematical aptitude and demonstrated ability to handle quantitative material
- Strong communication skills
- Official transcripts uploaded in PDF format
- TOEFL or IELTS for all international students
- GRE or GMAT codes by program
- Personal essays. A video essay component is required by each admissions committee.
- Letters of recommendation
The McCombs School of Business has maintained its accreditation in business and accounting by AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), the longest-serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral degrees in business and Accounting.
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Masters in Management Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 21st October 2019|
|Round 2 27th January 2020|
|Round 3 23rd March 2020|
|Round 4 4th May 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The fee is $65 for domestic applicants and $90 for international applicants
Application DocumentOnline application
- Online Application
- Quantitative Experience Statement
- Contact details of two referees (one of which must be academic)
- Full transcripts of your degree level studies to date
- GMAT or GRE results (recommended but not compulsory)
- Personal statement
- Up-to-date CV.
- English language test results
Career Planning Question
In the career planning questions you will need to show you have thought about the type of employer you want to work for immediately after graduating and have researched your target organization (s) and role.
You will also need to demonstrate you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in your chosen role.
If planning to set up your own business, you will need to outline what expertise or product your business will deliver and that you have researched the market.
Whilst we want our students to hit the ground running, we understand that you will also be looking to develop gaps in your skillset to prepare for your chosen career and you will need to address this in the career planning questions.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services