Tufts School of Engineering
M.S. in Engineering Management
2 -3 Years
Tufts MEM Overview
This program is for all ambitious science and technology professionals, irrespective of their educational background. The MSEM program focuses on project-based learning, which allows one to operate at a higher level and apply the knowledge at work right away. With Tufts’ Master of Science in Engineering Management (MSEM) program, an individual is likely to develop business and leadership skills needed to be a technology leader on the rise.
Purdue MEM Highlights
Average work ex.
|QS World Rankings ’19|
Want to know your chances at Tufts?
Program and Curriculum
The MSEM Curriculum is inclusive of a series of courses taught by industry renowned experts who add value to classroom discussions with insights from their extensive experience. Every semester, a student tends to gain exposure to topics that he/she can apply to hands-on projects and instantly adapt in their professional life.
Students in both the Two-Year and Three-Year MSEM program complete 16 short courses on topics across core themes. Both Two-Year and Three-Year programs complete these 23 credits over 4 academic semesters and 1 summer semester.
- New Product Development & Business Communications
- Project Management & Software Methodologies
- Finance and Accounting
- Building & Leading Teams
- Data Science & Big Data: Some Selected Topics
- Experience Design
- Business Strategy
- Technology Strategy
- Personal Leadership
- Leading Organization
- Systematic Innovation
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Ethics of Leadership
- Conflict Resolution
- Globalization & multinational strategy
- Practice of Ethical Leadership
- Process Capability and Big Data Overview
- Supply Chain Management
- Design of Experiments and Predictive Models
- Operations Management
- Graduate Elective #1 (Year #2 • Fall • 3 credits)
- Graduate Elective #2 (Year #2 • Spring • 3 credits)
You can choose electives from the School of Engineering if you’d like to increase your technical skills or even from within the School of Arts & Sciences
- Industry Consulting Project – Team Practicum (Summer)
- Capstone Leadership Project (6-9 Month Individual Project)
Companies that sponsor MSEM students are leaders with international impact, such as Genzyme, Draper Laboratory, Astra-Zeneca, Analog Devices, iRobot, and Pfizer. Top companies also regularly engage with graduate MSEM students via the Team Consulting project wherein the MSEM students address clients’ current challenges and provide innovative insights to shape upcoming products or services.
The average increase in salary
while enrolled in the program
Top 3 Sectors
- Engineering/R&D/Product Design & Development
|Engineering/R&D/Product Design & Development 41%|
|Project/Program Management 12%|
|Product Management 5%|
|Marketing & Sales 3%|
Companies recruiting from Tufts MSEM
Engineering/R&D/Product Design & Development
Cisco Systems International
Enterprise Networking Group
Decision Resources Group
Bristol Myers Squibb Co.
Morpho Trust USA
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $24,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $11,200|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||3.3 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Tufts MSEM Alumni Info
The tuft MSEM alumni network network includes 950+ members spread throughout the world. While 60% of the graduates changed their field entirely post graduating, 57% of the students were promoted in their ongoing job role even before graduating!
Some Famous Alumni
- Sarah Bauer – Principal technical program manager, Amazon
- Amanda DeQuattro – Textile Commerical director, Confluent Medical Technologies
- George LEE – Director, Program management – Gene therapy, Mustang bio
- Andy Sutherland – Sr Manager Product Management, Amazon
M.S. in Engineering Management : Class Profile
M.S in Engineering Management Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 January 15, 2020|
|Round 2 March 15, 2020|
|Round 3 May 15, 2020|
|Round 4 June 15, 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The application fee of $85 is payable through the online application.
The fee is waived for the following groups through the use of a fee waiver obtained from Tufts Gordon Institute admissions.
- Applicants who attend any MSEM admissions event
- Tufts University employees
- Tufts University alumni
- Copy of transcripts received from each college or university attended
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- GMAT/GRE score (optional)
- IELTS – Minimum score of 7
All applicants must submit a 600-800 word essay that answers the question:
- “Why do you want to attend Tufts Gordon Institute’s M.S. in Engineering Management program and how does it fit into your future career aspirations and personal goals?”
If you would like, you may also submit an optional short essay (200-250 words) in which you respond to one of three prompts below. This essay is not required and should be completed only if you feel it will provide the admissions committee with a more complete picture of who you are. Choose from one of the three questions:
- Tell us about a time when you had to convince an individual or group of your idea.
- Tell us about your most meaningful leadership experience.
- Tell us about a time when you identified an opportunity for improvement within your department/company/organization and you were able to successfully implement this change.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services