University College London MSc Finance Review
University College London (UCL) is London’s leading university, with over 13,000 employees and 42,000 students from 150 countries. It was incorporated in 1826 in the heart of London.
Applying for MSc Finance at UCL ?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
UCL MSc Finance Introduction
UCL is a world-class business school in central London. It has been ranked amongst the top-notch B-schools in Europe, and UCL MSc Finance program is an internationally known master’s program, bringing together expert lectures and brilliant minds. For finance enthusiasts, who are in a quest to shape a career in finance or want to develop robust knowledge and skills, this program will serve as a major instrument in accomplishing your career goals.
UCL MSc Finance Class Profile
Average Work Ex
UCL MSc Finance Acceptance Rate
The selectivity of the candidates determines the overall quality and prestige of a college. Therefore, when weighing their prospects of getting into a given institution, this is usually one of the first things students should look at. The college had an acceptance rate of 16% for the academic year 2021-22.
Program and Curriculum of UCL MSc Finance
Organizations need people who can bring to the table core knowledge and critical thinking from the outset, and the UCL MSc Finance program is designed to equip ambitious students with the knowledge and skills to work for leading financial firms around the world.
The program will provide you with the know-how and skills to succeed in a global business environment and to become multicultural and multilingual leaders. It is a 12-months program
- Asset Pricing
- Introduction to Quantitative Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- Advanced Quantitative Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Finance Research Project
- Big Data Analytics
- Hedge Fund Strategie
- Corporate Finance Practices
- Behavioural Finance
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Wealth Management and Private Banking
- Further Topics in Mathematical and Computational Finance
One of the fascinating aspects of university life is the variety of clubs and societies available. With over 300 societies to select from, you’re sure to discover your community at the Union at UCL, so here are a few Clubs and Societies you can join at UCL:
- Economics and Finance Society
- Women in Finance Society
- Animal Rights Society
- Autism Society
- Book Club
- Chess Society
- Coffee Society
- Communication Society
- Anime Society
Eligibility and Requirements for Getting into UCL MSc Finance
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, mathematical economics, econometrics, economic theory, statistics, engineering, or any combination of these disciplines from a recognised UK university or the overseas equivalent from a recognised higher education institution.
- Degrees from other disciplines may be considered if the applicant has a strong background in mathematics and econometrics.
- Applicants who have not yet acquired their final undergraduate degree must show that they have a 2:1 or similar grade average.
Document Related to the Application
- Personal Statement ( 3000 character limit)
- Academic transcripts
- TOFEL/IELTS (standard level)
- Two academic references
- Copy of CV
- Maths test provided by UCL
UCL MSc Finance MBA Deadlines
Application deadline for the academic year 2022-2023: Applications open on 18 October 2021 and close on 31 March 2022 (this is subject to change if the programme is filled before this date). If spaces are still available beyond March 31, 2022, the programme may be extended, but it will be discontinued as soon as it is full, or by June 30, 2022.
Programme start date: September 2022
UCL MSc Finance Employment/Placement
Each year, over 1,000 firms and organisations attend UCL Careers events, which include career fairs, corporate presentations, and sector-themed weeks that may include employer forums, networking events, lectures on how to break into the field, and one-on-one coaching sessions.
UCL graduates work in a variety of industries, with the most prevalent destinations being financial institutions of various types, banks, and consulting organisations. Graduates of the UCL MSc Finance programme have gone on to work for a number of well-known firms, including:
- Industrial Security
- InfraRed Capital Partners
- Jupiter Asset Management Ltd
- Macquarie Group
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring UCL MSc Finance Graduates
The top 3 sectors in which the graduates of UCL MSc in Finance are hired are:
Companies recruiting from UCL MSc Finance
- Morgan Stanley
- Bank of EnglandBCG
- Deutsche Bank
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Roland Berger
- McKinsey & Company
- Milward Brown
UCL MSc Finance Alumni Info
UCL School of Management has a graduate class network in excess of 200,000 previous students over the globe.
Some Famous Alumni
- Paul Donovan, current CEO of Odeon UCI Cinemas Group and former CEO of Vodafone Ireland and Eircom
- Dominic Blakemore (French), CEO of Compass Group
- Richard Brown (MPhil Town and Transport Planning), current Chairman of Eurostar International and former chief executive of Eurostar UK
- Rishi Khosla, serial entrepreneur, investor, and the co-founder and chief executive officer of OakNorth Bank Limited
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for UCL MSc Finance
The initial application must be accompanied by a professional statement, which is an important part of the application process. The statement will capture and articulate the motivation for pursuing the MSc Finance degree, exhibiting a clear interest in finance and economics, and flowing into a statement of well-researched and grounded professional and personal goals, both short and long-term.
Letter of Recommendation for UCL MSc Finance
UUCL MSc Finance requires the candidate to provide two Letters of Recommendation. Your recommender should be able to appraise your capabilities, explain your ability to succeed in our graduate programme, and provide qualities or attributes that best describe you.
Interview Questions for Imperial MSc Finance
Applicants who meet the entry requirements, submit a professional statement, and pass the online maths test will be invited to an online interview using WePow. Here are a few interview questions that have been previously asked:
- What do you know about UCL MSc Finance?
- A module you are interested in
- Give an example of how you would add value to the program
- Which point of your personality you would like to change
- Do you face any problems in teamwork?
- Describe an incident where you showed your leadership quality
- Why do you want to pursue an MSc in Finance?
- Why UCL?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
What Makes UCL MSc Finance
- UCL MSc Finance programme is the only one of its kind in the UK. The classes will help you acquire strong quantitative and analytical skills, as well as an in-depth understanding of how organisations operate and a solid foundation in the core competencies needed to succeed in global business.
- The School collaborates closely with multinational corporations and innovative start-ups at the forefront of management and financial practice.
- The Department of Economics is ranked first in the United Kingdom for economics (Research Excellence Framework “REF” 2014). The Department of Economics has a strong international reputation in primary solid contemporary research. In the 2014 REF, it was the only economics department in the UK to obtain an exceptional grade-point average of 3.78 (out of 4), with 79 percent of all output metrics graded at the highest four levels.
The core financial concepts necessary for the financial sector to operate effectively are covered by the finance master’s degree. The program focuses on the theory and application of critical ideas in corporate finance, portfolio management, mergers and divestitures, and other crucial areas. An UCL MSc Finance will enable you to gain a solid understanding of these ideas and be able to put them to use in real-world situatunderstandions.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is UCL good for MSc Finance?
The UCL is one of the top-ranking B-schools in the UK for the MSc in finance program. The strengths of two highly regarded departments, UCL School of Management and UCL Economics, are merged in this programme.
How challenging is it to gain admission to UCL?
University College London is one of the most competitive universities in the United Kingdom, with a 16 percent total admission rate that is comparable to Oxford and Cambridge. Admission rates for more competitive courses are below 10%.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services