University College London
Masters of Science in Finance
London, United Kingdom
UCL Msc Finance Overview
A world-class business school in central London. Creating outstanding research and entrepreneurial leaders for the complex, interconnected world of the future. It has been ranked as one of the top-notch business schools in Europe . The Master of Finance programme is an internationally recognized master programme that brings together expert lectures and highly motivated talented minds. If you are passionate about finance and want to push yourself in your quest to forge a career in finance, or want to develop your knowledge of finance and use quantitative skills to enhance your career, this programme will be instrumental in achieving your goals.
UCL Msc Finance Highlights
UCL alumni network
|QS World Rankings ’18||6|
Want to know your chances at UCL?
Program and Curriculum
Organizations need people who can bring to the table core knowledge and critical thinking from the outset, and the MSc Finance program is designed to equip ambitious students with the knowledge and skills to work for leading financial firms around the world.
The program will provide you with the know-how and skills to succeed in a global business environment and to become multicultural and multilingual leaders. It is a 12-months program.
These courses help enhance an expansive and deeper understanding of the business milieu.
- Behavioral Finance
- Fixed Income Modelling
- Data Analytics
- Industrialization and Development
- Risk Modelling
- Social Innovation
- International Portfolio Management
Students must take six core taught modules (four in term one and two in term two).
- Advanced Derivatives Modelling and Portfolio Theory
- Advanced Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Asset Pricing
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Mathematics
- Financial Econometric
- Employers Opportunites Showcase 2019
- London Stock Exchange Group Mock Interviews
- Financial Conduct Authority Industry Talk
- Economics & Finance Society
Students in MSc are usually placed with a rate of 82% with in six months of after graduating. The highest salary recorded of a MSc in finance alumni was $101,000 in international market.
Top companies recruiting from LBS
Top 3 Sectors
- Roland Berger
- McKinsey & Company
- Milward Brown
Banking & Financial Services
- Morgan Stanley
- Bank of England
- Deustche Bank
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Coca Cola
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
UCL MSc in Finance Alumni Info
UCL School of Management has a graduated class network in an excess of 200,000 previous students over the globe.
Some Famous Alumni
- Dominic Blakemore (French), CEO of Compass Group
- Richard Brown (MPhil Town and Transport Planning), current Chairman of Eurostar International and former chief executive of Eurostar UK
- Rishi Khosla, serial entrepreneur, investor, and the co-founder and chief executive officer of OakNorth Bank Limited
UCL’s proximity to the financial heartland of London offers the ideal location for this specialized Finance MSc. As a leading financial center, London provides the environment and exposure required to develop a finance career.
The school is located beneath Europe’s biggest fintech accelerator, Level 39, which currently hosts 180 start-ups focused on finance, retail, and cyber-security. UCL Economics has long-established links with leading financial institutions, reflected within hard-edged, meaningful research.
- Personal Statement ( 3000 character limit)
- TOFEL/ITLES (standard level)
- Two academic references
- Copy of CV
- maths test provided by UCL
Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
RSM MiM Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 14 June 2019|
Next Deadline Approaching in
All full time students are required to pay a fee deposit of £2,000 for this programme. All part-time students are required to pay a fee
deposit of £1,000.
- Online Application Form
- Application fee
- two references from people who are able to comment on your suitability for the programme for which you are applying.
- Academic transcripts (in English) for all qualifications that are relevant to your application;
- English language certificate (if applicable)
There is a section in the application form for you to enter a personal statement (3,000 character limit, including spaces) or attach a statement as a separate document. Your personal statement should be no longer than two sides of A4 paper.
You should consider the following questions when writing your personal statement:
- Why do you want to undertake the programme or research?
- What are your academic interests?
- Why do you wish to study at UCL?
- What educational experience do you have?
- Do you have any relevant work experience?
- Have you completed any extracurricular and voluntary activities relevant to the programme?
- What are your career aspirations?
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services