Unsure If Your Profile Will Get YOU Into Your Target Schools?
What is the Bocconi MiM Review?
The Bocconi MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the MSc in International Management program at Bocconi and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Masters in International Management application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
Bocconi's MiM Program ranks 10th worldwide which is proof of its quality of education and overall competency. Bocconi University is an internationally oriented institution in business, economics, and law. It is also a research university, receiving funds for its research projects from national and supranational institutions. The University is structured around five schools: Undergraduate School, Graduate School, Law School, Ph.D. School, and SDA Bocconi School of Management, its graduate business school. It presently offers bachelor's degrees, Master of Science degrees, MBAs and Ph.Ds. in Finance, Economics, Management, Statistics, Law and other disciplines. It also has a number of post-experience programs and administers many customized executive education courses. The school also provides activities for high school students in Italy, such as mathematics competitions, Model United Nations simulations and other major events aimed at orienting them during their secondary education.
The MSc in International Management, the MiM program at Bocconi, aims to shape the students to become successful managers and entrepreneurs to help them make major contributions to the world by gaining knowledge, cognitive skills, and professional skills.
The program is divided into three different programs-
- MSc in International Management- Ranks No.11 by Financial Times in Masters in Management Ranking 2016. This program provides knowledge through core courses and seminars which are highly interactive and are largely based on individual work as well as teamwork.
- CEMS Master in International Management Program- Ranks No.4 by Financial Times in Masters in Management Ranking 2015. It is Global Alliance in Management Education with 30 partner universities.
- China Master in International Management Program- This program is organized jointly by Bocconi, Italy and Fudan University, China to provide knowledge and understanding of Europe and China from both a business management and a cultural perspective.
Bocconi offers a variety of Masters programs:
- Finance - An excellent choice for graduates with a passion in the field of finance. The program rank is No.9 and holds placement success rank of No.1, by the Financial Times in 2015.The program is offered in English and in Italian.
- Management - This program aims to develop problem-solving skills, acquiring the competencies, abilities, and aptitudes required to operate as managers in companies and consulting firms, or as entrepreneurs. After graduating from this degree students typically pursue a management career. Recently the University of Bocconi and ESSEC Business School have joined to launched a new double degree program which emphasizes in making of “creative, audacious and international managers, able of acting in multicultural environments”, as said by the Deputy director of the Grande École and Master’s degrees, ESSEC. You will spend each semester in four different locations- Cergy, France (ESSEC Campus); Singapore (ESSEC Campus); Milan, Italy (Bocconi Campus); and Bombay, India (Bocconi Campus), learning economics, political, and managerial issues in both Europe and Asia. This program is open to 20 Bocconi and 20 ESSEC students. At graduation, you will receive ESSEC MSc in Management degree (Grande Ecole) and the Bocconi University MSc in Management degree.
Bocconi MSc in International Management values proposition
- MSc in International Management is the flagship program and is Ranked No.11 by Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking 2016.
- Ranked No.4 by Financial Times for International Mobility.
- Opportunity to study two foreign languages.
- Double Degree programs with ESADE, Barcelona; FGV-EAESP, Fundação Getulio Vargas, São Paulo; University of St.Gallen, Switzerland; IIMAhmedabad, India; University of Queensland, Australia; Cass School of Business, London; and Darla Moore School of Business, US.
- More than 70 student associations on campus.
Skills which Bocconi values
Bocconi has one of the most competitive MIM programs in the world and is on the lookout for high potential candidates who exhibit the following skills:
Entrepreneurial Sustainability-minded Motivated
Be sure to mention in your Letter of motivation how you exhibit these skills, and back them up with relevant examples.
Want to be a part of the 2019 success stories?
Useful Information on the MiM degree
Duration: 18 Months
Location: Bocconi, Italy
Tuition Fees for 2016 intake: 12,700 Euros per year
Scholarships (covering up to 100%) can be applied for once the online application has been submitted.
Check more information about them here.
Application deadlines for 2019 intake: There are different admission rounds for each category.
1.For Bocconi Candidates:
Bocconi Graduates and final year students
1st round - Early session (July 12 — September 12, 2018), Results due by October 23, 2018
2nd round – Student Career session (End February — April 29, 2019), Results due by May 29
2.For Italian Candidates:
For the Italian Applicants Calendar, please visit the Italian site
3.For International Candidates:
Graduates and final year students from universities abroad
|1st round||by 12 December 2018 (results due on January 16)|
|2nd round||by 24 January 2019 (results due on February 27)|
|3rd round||by 11 March 2019 (results due on April 11)|
|4th round||by 6 May 2019 (results due on June 6)|
|5th round||by 30 May 2019 (results due on July 3)|
Note- If you are an International candidate, please note that for CHINA MIM program, the application is available only in the first 4 rounds.
4.International Exchange Student:
If you are an International student who also did an Exchange program in Bocconi, and you have passed at least 4 exams in Bocconi with an average of at least 26/30, you can participate in one of these two sessions of selection:
1st Session: by January 25, 2018 (results due on February 27)
2nd Session: by April 26, 2018 (results due on May 28)
Constituents of the application package
- Online application form
- GMAT Score or Bocconi Selection test (for Italian University students only)
- Motivational Letter
- Video Presentation (Only for CEMS MIM, China MIM, and ESSEC-Bocconi Double degree)
- A copy of college transcript
- A copy of Passport
- TOEFL, IELTS (Applicants whose mother tongue is not English or do not hold a degree issued by an English-speaking institution)
- One or two LOR
- Application fee of 100 Euro
Class Profile at Bocconi MiM
- 48% female intake
- Intake 170
Bocconi MiM Placement Statistics
- Employment rate on graduation day - 61.8%
- Employment rate one year after graduation - 97% and 52.2% are employed abroad.
Some notable companies recruiting from Bocconi
|Accenture||Booz & Company||Bain & Company||Deloitte|
|Goldman Sachs||General Electric||HSBC|
|L’Oréal||McKinsey & Company||Procter & Gamble||PwC|
Next, in the Bocconi Masters in Management Review, find all the application essay questions listed below.
Check out what our Past BOCCONI clients say about our Services
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
The Bocconi application comprises of Letter of Motivation and video presentation. The school takes its application essays very seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top notch.
Letter of Motivation
The Letter of Motivation should be around 1 to 2 pages and not more than 4000 characters, spaces included. Bocconi allows you to choose up to 5 programs, in order of preference. So if you are applying for more than one Master of Science program, you need to write Letter of Motivation for each program. Also, the language of the Letter must be written in the language of the first-choice program. If your first-choice program is offered both in Italian and in English, then the Letter of Motivation should be in English.
While MSc. International Management has no template, for CEMS MIM and China MIM you need to write Letter of motivation for each program answering the following questions in not more than 4000 characters, spaces included.
1.Why do you want to study CEMS MIM at Bocconi University?
2.What are your international experiences and why do you think to fit well in an international environment?
3.What are your aspirations?
4.What qualities will you bring to this Program?
5.Why do you want to attend a Program which by far requires an extra effort in dealing with a particularly intense workload?
1.Why are you interested in this Program?
2.What are the personal skills and experiences that you have and that make you confident in spending one year in a complex and foreign environment like China and with a particularly intense workload?
3.What do you consider your most important achievement and failure so far? Why?
4.Which characteristics/traits you most like and dislike about yourself?
5.What qualities will you bring to this Program?
6.What are your professional aspirations?
The video presentation is an opportunity to talk about yourself that is not given in your application. You get not more than 2 minutes to answer each of them.
CEMS MIM, China MIM, and ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degree
2.Why do you consider yourself as a person with a pronounced international attitude .
3.How do you evaluate your ability to go beyond your “comfort zone” and face complex situations .
Your Letter of Motivation is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of your application, make sure you refine it a number of times and have it read by a number of people, so as to catch any errors you may have missed.
We hope the Bocconi MiM Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced by the Bocconi MSc in International Management Site, and for more data, you should visit there.
Find more information on the degree
The MiM-Essay team can significantly improve your essays and increase your chances of getting into your target programs. For people with a non-business background, the MiM-Essay team is good at highlighting the relevant information within your experiences, and making the stories resonate with audiences. An admit from HEC just proves the worth of their services 🙂
Love their approach
Thanks to their continued mentoring I was finally able to convert my RSM Application. The experience has been absolutely amazing & extremely streamlined. Their step by step process of asking me everything about my previous experiences starting from my childhood to my current state is quite an unprecedented practice that I have not seen any other admission counselor do. And the way they structure all of those experiences into a cohesive & the detailed prose is very remarkable. Overall, I'm completely impressed with MIM Essay & would highly recommend it to anyone who needs help for preparing his master's application.
Nothing but the best!
It was a great experience working with MiM-Essay team, they helped me crack into LBS my first priority, I did not even need to think of my second-priority or whatsoever. If MiM-Essay team diagnosed you, and then, ensured that you have a high level of possibility of achieving your aims, they definitely can help you prepare for the applications perfectly.
Best investment of my life!
Admits from both HEC & ESSEC :D.... to those contemplating whether to try their services or not....don't think.. Just take them ... I couldn't think of any other service better than theirs'... Be is essay .. LOR .. Or interview .. They are the best in all... Not just for MIM essay they are commendable with MBA essay as well..
A Merit & an Eiffel Scholarship! Hell Yeah!
I wouldn't think twice if I had to go back in time to choose MiM-Essay again. They provide the best one can offer for the best price. And since they are specialised for this MiM counseling, one shouldn't think of any other service apart from theirs when it comes to applying for MiM courses. The 2 scholarships & admits from ESSEC & ESCP, just prove this point.
Taking the essay and interview pack was one of the best decisions I made during the journey, not only is their profound knowledge about business schools very helpful but also their constant support will keep you motivated. I am very happy with the service they propose. I truly believe it gave me a strong competitive advantage and helped me present a polished image of myself in front of the LBS panel, ultimately getting me an admit.
Couldn't have asked for more!
I can say that investing in an essay-editing service is one of the best investments I have ever made. I came to MiM-Essay with big dreams and not-so-good numbers. Abhyank worked with me to bring out everything positive that I had done to tell my story, to show my assets and make them shine brighter than my numbers. Getting into ESSEC would have been difficult without that help.
Never thought would get both my target schools!
They know what they do and they are 100% effective. I wanted to get into LSE and Duke, & with their assistance in all the phase of the admission process, we succeeded! To everyone who is wondering if these services are useful, I can firmly say that I probably couldn’t have succeeded without them.
Just go for it!
I would say, do not think twice about it and GO for it. It is a worthwhile investment and will go a long way in helping you secure a place at your dream college. I not only got into my target colleges- HEC & ESSEC, but even won a 20,000 euro scholarship!
Worth every penny!
I would strongly recommend this service. It is worth every penny, the application essays are a very important part of your application and getting help from MiM-Essay's team was one of the best decisions I took. They definitely helped me optimize my chances to get into my dream school, I am super happy to land an admit at ESCP.
They made my application shine!
Mim-Essay helped me write my story in a way that was compelling and distinct. Through brainstorming, attentive listening, patience and hard work, the Mim-essay staff helped me find what made me unique and competitive in a large pool of applicants. In addition, the limitless edits made the essays and the resume engaging and appealing enough to stand out during the application
Want to improve your chances of an admit at the BOCCONI?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.