University of California Irvine
Master of Science in Engineering Management
University of California Irvine MSEM Overview
The MSEM program, jointly offered by The Paul Merage School of Business and The Samueli School of Engineering, review is beneficial for those engineering students who wish to evolve as industry-ready engineers to take on leadership positions in the technology, science, government, and engineering-based organizations. The curriculum includes courses in engineering and business administration to transform students into innovators, taking on the roles of business and engineering project managers, solving complex engineering product development challenges via consulting projects, business plans, and exposure to current issues in the engineering sector.
University of California Irvine MSEM Highlights
Student clubs and
|QS World Rankings ’19||219|
Want to know your chances at University of California Irvine?
Program and Curriculum
The Paul Merage School of Business and The Henry Samueli School of Engineering together provide cutting-edge engineering management skills and proven pragmatic business practices that engineers need to become effective leaders and industry innovators. Moreover, Irvine is home to thousands of multinational businesses and has a diverse yet highly educated population. Irvine Ranks as the “Safest City” of its size for the past 13 consecutive years (FBI). During their tenure, students undergo a rigorous curriculum that develops their quantitative, qualitative and business communication skills.
- Responding to Dynamic Times
- The Merage Consulting Projects course
- The Entrepreneurship course
- American Public Works Association (APWA)
- American Society for Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Engineering Student Council (ESC)
- Engineering Without Borders (EWB)
- Engineers for a Sustainable World (ESW)
- Global Brigades at UC Irvine
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Filipinos Unifying Student-Engineers in an Organized Network (FUSION)
- UCI Engineering Alumni Society
Through the Paul Merage School of Business Career Center, students are delivered tailored career guidance through a multi-step process that involves career visioning, ProSeminar training, counseling, and much more. The approach is intended to help students articulate their strengths and ambitions to construct a viable career path.
ANNUAL BASE SALARY
Top 5 Sectors
- Cloud computing
- Data Analytics
- Business Intelligence
Companies recruiting from University of California, Irvine
Sample companies include the following:
- Odoo Inc
- JNN Group
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $10,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $5,600|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||2.41 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
University of California, Irvine Alumni Info
The relative success of the Samueli School of Engineering is driven by the participation of prominent alumni and friends who foster its recognition and ensure philanthropy funding to further its objectives of creativity, creating opportunities and encouraging resourcefulness. The school’s growing alumni make significant contributions to society in the fields of technology, industry, science, government, military, and social causes. UCI has more than 188,000 alumni members.
Masters in Management : Class Profile
University of California, Irvine Scholarships
University of California, Irvine Scholarships
- Regents’ Scholarship (award amount varies)- The Regents’ Scholarship is the most prestigious merit-based scholarship UC Irvine offers to freshmen and transfer students
- Henry Samueli Endowed Scholarship (award amount varies). This premiere scholarship, established by Henry Samueli, is awarded to outstanding freshmen and transfer students in The Henry Samueli School of Engineering.
- $2,000 “No Essay” College Scholarship Sponsor: College Prowler
- The World Bank Essay Competition Sponsor: The World Bank
- The Charles Shafae Scholarship Fund Sponsor: PaperCheck
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) is a public research university based in Irvine, California. It’s among the 10 campuses in the University of California (UC) network. UC Irvine offers 87 undergraduate, and 129 associate and professional degrees. In totality, seven Nobel Prize laureates have been affiliated with the UCI. The jointly offered graduate degree, Master of Science in Engineering Management, by The Paul Merage School of Business and The Samueli School of Engineering intends to prepare innovative engineers for the future.
Students must have a B.S. degree in engineering, obtained from an institution of recognized standing.
AAU, APL, Pacific Rim, URA, WASC
- University transcripts
- GRE test scores
- TOEFL test scores (for international applicants)
- Work experience is preferable
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Master of Science in Engineering Management Deadline
|Fall 2020||15th February, 2020|
Interested students are encouraged to apply for Fall 2020 (admissions cycle will begin on September 3, 2019) by the priority deadline of January 15, 2020.
The absolute deadline is February 15, 2020.
(The school does not accept applications for Winter or Spring quarters)
The Samueli and Paul Merage Schools assess candidates on their previous academic background and management and leadership abilities as illustrated in their application materials, covering work experience and interview as well.
- Application Fee
- Statement Of Purpose
- Personal History Statement
- Official GRE Score Report Official TOEFL or IELTS Score Report (International Applicants Only) – Please note that an 80 or higher is required on the TOEFL iBT or an overall minimum score of 7 for admission, with a score of no less than 6 on any individual module is required on the IELTS
- Transcripts (Bachelors and Masters, if applicable) – Please note that a 3.0 out of 4.0 scale GPA is the minimum required for admissions
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Selection of an Engineering specialization
Note: If you are an international applicant, passport and/or financial documentation are not required at the time of the application
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services