University of Maryland MFin Review
The University of Maryland was founded in 1856 as a public research university. It has 30,875 undergrads (fall 2020), is located in a suburban setting, and covers 1,335 acres.
Applying for MFin at University of Maryland?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
University of Maryland MFin: Robert H. Smith School of Business Introduction
The academic calendar is divided into semesters. Also, the University of Maryland College Park is placed #59 in National Universities. The institution is halfway between Washington, D.C., and Baltimore and offers students a suburban lifestyle while yet being close to big-city attractions.
The Master of Finance (MFin) programme at Maryland Smith provides you with the advanced abilities you’ll need to begin a rewarding career in finance. This curriculum will challenge you to master the newest industry tools, including Python and R, while also exploring essential finance topics. You learn in class using a combination of theories and projects and experiences that mirror what you’ll do in the workplace. You’ll gain practical knowledge that will help you pass the Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) and Financial Risk Manager (FRM) tests
University of Maryland MFin Class Profile
Average Work Ex
University of Maryland MFin Acceptance Rate
With a 49 per cent acceptance rate and a 59.3 per cent early acceptance rate, admission to the University of Maryland is extremely competitive. The SAT scores of half of the candidates admitted to the University of Maryland ranged from 1270 to 1480. The ACT scores ranged from 29 to 34.
Program and Curriculum of University of Maryland MFin
Master the newest techniques incorporate investing, risk management, and capital allocation in a global context with this curriculum, which instils state-of-the-art skills essential to a successful career in finance. The courses you take will push you to think more critically about solutions to real-world challenges that organisations encounter daily.
- Financial Management
- Financial Data Analytics
- Capital markets
- Machine Learning in Finance
- Valuation in Corporate Finance
- Fixed Income Analysis
- Derivative Securities
- International Corporate and Project Finance
- Bank Management
- Special topics in Finance
- Financial Analysis and Risk Management
- Asset Management
Maryland Smith’s Office of Career Services (OCS) can assist you in transitioning from a student to a working professional. You’ll get one-on-one time with a career coach who provides tailored advice on communicating your talents to your potential employer.
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into University of Maryland MFin )
- BA bachelor’s degree
- Minimum one year of work experience
Document Related to the Application
- Essay summarizing your qualifications and interest in the program
- Current professional résumé
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcripts from each college or university you have attended
University of Maryland MFin Deadlines
After their application is deemed complete, applicants should expect an admissions decision within 8-12 weeks. Maryland Smith’s financial career advisors and instructors with years of significant industry expertise can help students get professional insight. For international students, the deadline for this course is 10 March 2022.
University of Maryland MFin Employment
You’ll be taught by world-class researchers and industry practitioners who collaborate with major firms to provide cutting-edge education. The curriculum is constantly evolving and adapting to meet the expectations of the business.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Companies recruiting from University of Maryland MFin
When you choose to pursue a Master of Finance (MFin) degree, you’re entering a rapidly expanding sector with several job opportunities. MFin graduates are expected to be hired by over half of all U.S. firms.
- Bank of America
- City bank
- Morgan Stanley
University of Maryland MFin Alumni Info
With over 66,000 alumni worldwide, including 36,000 in the Washington, D.C. region, there is certain to be a Maryland alumnus you can contact for an introduction at your ideal firm. Maryland alumni return on a regular basis to host alumni panels, offer mock interviews, and network with the institution.
Some Famous Alumni
- Kevin Hank (Founder and CEO of Under Armour)
- Sergey Brin (co-founder of Google)
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for University of Maryland MFin
Applicants are required to submit an essay on any subject they like. It might be one that you’ve already written, one that answers to a different challenge, or one that you’ve created yourself. For each essay, the word limit is 650.
- Some students have a significant background, identity, interest, or talent that they believe would make their application incomplete without it. If this describes you, please share your experience.
- The lessons we learn through adversities can be crucial to our future success. Recount a period when you had to overcome a difficulty, setback, or failure. What effect did it have on you, and what did you learn from it?
- Consider a period when you questioned or questioned an idea or belief. What made you think that way? What was the result?
- Consider something someone did for you that made you joyful or thankful in an unexpected way. What effect or motivation has this gratitude had on you?
- Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realisation that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
- Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
Letter of Recommendation for University of Maryland MFin
One letter of recommendation is required for each applicant who is willing to join the master’s program in finance. The LOR can be academic or professional.
Interview Questions for University of Maryland MFin
Q1: Introduce yourself
Q2: Tell us three key learnings from your work experience.
Q3: Why MFin?
Q4: Why do you want to do MFin at this stage in your life/ career
Q5: One reason that we should not select you?
Q6: What are your short- and long-term career goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Q7: Tell us about a challenging situation that you faced? How did you resolve it?
Q8: What are your greatest strengths? Give examples
Q9: What are your weaknesses? Give examples
Q10: What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
Q11: Your interests and Hobbies
Q12: Do you have any questions for us?
What makes University of Maryland MFin Unique
- Learn practical skills that will help you pass the Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) and Financial Risk Manager (FRM) examinations.
- Learn the newest industry technologies, such as Python and R, as well as important financial principles.
- Combine what you’ve learned in class with tasks and experiences that are similar to what you’ll be doing on the job.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
What is the placement percentage of M.Fin in Maryland?
On average, 81 percent of the M.Fin graduates receive placements from the college.
What is the essay requirement for the application of M.Fin for international students?
Students need to select one topic amongst the number of essay topics mentioned. Make sure the word limit of 650.
What is the deadline for international students in 2022?
March 10, 2022, is the deadline for all the students to submit applications for the master’s in finance degree.
What is the application fee for the program?
The amount is $75 and is non-refundable.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services