University of Oxford
Oxford MFE Overview
The Oxford MFE program is a rigorous program that provides a comprehensive theoretical understanding of financial economics. The MFE curriculum moves beyond one that simply prepares you to be an “analyst” to one that provides a deep understanding of the models’ practitioners use on a daily basis, preparing us to be critical and discerning users of such statistical or pricing models.
|QS World Rankings ’19||4|
Want to know your chances at Oxford?
Program and Curriculum
Oxford MSc in Financial Economics (MFE) is a full-time, nine-month program that provides outstanding training in the tools of financial economics sought by financial institutions, companies, and public organizations. The course combines a rigorous academic core with tailored practical applications, designed in consultation with leading financial recruiters.
- Advanced Econometrics: Forecasting
- Asset Management
- Behavioral and Experimental Economics
- Big Data in Finance
- Continuous-Time Finance
- Corporate Valuation
- Financial Crises and Risk Management
- Financial Markets Trading
- Fixed Income and Derivatives
- Fundamental Analysis of Active Investing
- Asset Pricing
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Econometrics
Oxford works closely with students to drive your professional development and plan your future career. Building on the curriculum and co-curricular experiences like the Finance Lab and Asset Management masterclass, we help you develop the tools, competencies, and mindset to meet your aspirations and your future employer’s needs
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 2 Sectors
- Financial Services
Companies recruiting from Oxford MFE
- McKinsey & Co.
- Bain & Co.
- Oliver Wyman
- A.T. Kearney
- BNB Paribas
- Ernst & Young
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Tuition Fees||$ 56,109|
|Cost of Living||+ $ 18,444|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $ 5,600|
|Total Investment||$ 68,953|
|Average Salary||$ 63,333|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||4.3 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Masters in Financial Economics : Class Profile
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Masters in Financial Economics Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 1st November 2019|
|Round 2 10th January 2020|
|Round 3 13th March 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
- Full academic transcripts A 2.1 degree (GPA 3.5 or it’s equivalent) – with your transcript outlining subjects studied and grades.
- Work Experience
Relevant work experience such as an internship is favorable however not mandatory.
- A TOEFL, IELTS, CPE or CAE test (CPE 191, CAE 191, IELTS 7.5, TOEFL 110) is required. If you are not from an English speaking country.
- GRE or GMAT score
- References- Two professional or academic references.
- Personal Statement 500 words detailing your career ambitions.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services