University of Oxford: Said Business School
Oxford MBA Overview
The MBA Program of Said school of business is one-year full time program which offers you a challenging and thought provoking series of courses. The program offers you a Global Opportunities and threats course as a part of developing your business skills. You will be gaining knowledge in different functional areas through three integrative modules: Entrepreneurship, Responsible Business and Global Rules of the Game, and by means of the Entrepreneurship and Strategic Consulting projects. The school supports you in defining, articulating and executing your career vision. The Career Development Centre is there to help and offer guidance, support and inspiration every step of the way. Also, the Oxford Business alumni network will help you to share a common interest in business and will ensure your growth academically and professionally.
Oxford MBA Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’19||5|
Want to know your chances at Said Business School?
Program and Curriculum
The Oxford MBA is an intense, one-year program designed to empower you to lead with purpose.The academic curriculum of MBA program helps develop your ability to think logically, laterally and independently. The MBA program of Said school of business is designed in a way which will help you build real world skills such as leadership, team work, entrepreneurship, strategy building and conflict management. The Oxford MBA year is divided into modules, allowing you to focus on your core courses and chosen electives.
- Artificial Intelligence & Advanced Analytics in Marketing,
- Advertising & Retail,
- Business History,
- Business in China,
- Corporate Turnaround & Business Transformation,
- Corporate Valuation,
- Entrepreneurial Finance Project,
- Financial Crises and Risk Management,
- Financial Management for Banks and Insurers,
- Global Strategy,
- Growth Prospects and Opportunities for Business in Africa
- Fintech: Present and Future: London
- Digital Transformation of Marketing, Media, and Advertising
- Business Finance
- Firms and Markets
- Organisational Behaviour
- Technology and Operations Management
By completing the entrepreneurship course and project you will develop a complete business plan and present it to a panel of invited venture capitalists and other practitioners.
Recent projects included:
- simplifying technologies for the developmentally challenged
- the development of a hedge fund
- the commercialisation of a technology for conditioning household furnishings
- a consultancy firm providing technical safety management expertise to the Chinese mining industry
Strategic consulting project
The strategic consulting project is a six-week project. The students are required to be working in teams of three to five for a corporate sponsor. The students gets to travel for these projects as they take place all over the world and for all kinds of companies.Teams have worked with a wide range of companies, charities, non-profits, and start-ups.
Global Opportunities and Threats provides students an action-oriented problem-solving community geared towards addressing some of the most complex issues that the world faces today.
It provides students two critical things:
- Access to Oxford’s most famous pedagogic institution: the tutorial. Oxford tutorials have sharpened students’ thinking, analysis, critique of evidence and powers of persuasion for centuries.
- Allows a critical analysis of the global opportunities and threats that will be, or already are, part of the business landscape for the coming few years.
For over two thirds of Oxford scholarships, all you need to do is submit your graduate application by the deadline for your course. There’s no separate scholarship application process or extra supporting documentation required for funding.
Some of the scholarships are–
- Clarendon Fund Dulverton Scholarships
- Jardine-Oxford Graduate Scholarships
- Michael Wills Scholarships
- Oppenheimer Fund
- Oxford Kobe Scholarships
Co-curricular activities include various lab programs which offer you the opportunity to be a part of challenges and competitions. There are four co-curricular activities–
- Oxford Saïd Finance Lab
The program offers you the opportunity to work through case studies and apply key theoretical concepts, processes, instruments and models that are required to be successful in financial services.
- Consulting Development Program
The program is based around the hiring processes of global consulting recruiters. It connects theory with practice through practical workshops, recruiter-led case events and access to online resources and tools.
- Impact Lab
Impact Lab is a co-curricular pathway of carefully curated programs and offerings that complement the Oxford MBA program for students who are committed to or already have an impact-driven career.
- Creative Destruction Lab
The 9-month program pairs founders with experienced entrepreneurs and investors to set focused, measurable objectives with the goal of maximising equity-value creation.
Said Business school offers recruitment activities for MBA students and career development team to support and prepare students in order to achieve their career goals. Around 95% of students of MBA program were employed within 3 months of graduating, with 51% of the class securing employment in the UK and Europe. Graduates went on to work at organisations in 35 countries around the world. The statistics of the Oxford Said business school is quite impressive. The school has companies such as Brain & Company BCG, Brand Finance, Capco, Communications Agency, Deloitte, EY-Parth as some of its recruiters.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
|Media & Entertainment||1.1%|
Companies recruiting from Oxford MBA
- August Equity
- Avaana Capital Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Big Society Capital
- Bridgewater Associates
- Tech City Ventures
- Intel Corporation
- Amane Advisors
- Archetype Solutions Group
- Brand Finance
- Communications Agency
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ £15,620|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– £4,726|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||3.8 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Oxford MBA Alumni Info
The Oxford Alumni Community is a professional networking platform, designed to help you connect with Oxford alumni all over the world. Oxford’s alumni network is global: there are over 150 regional alumni groups in 90 countries. Alumni groups are a great way to keep in touch with fellow Oxonians and continue your relationship with the University, as well as providing opportunities for networking or careers mentoring.
Some Famous Alumni
- Patrick James Grant (Director of Norton & Sons)
- Muhammad Javed Afridi (CEO of Haier Pakistan)
- Karl Loo (Co-founder and CEO of ServisHero)
MBA: Class Profile
As an MBA student, you have the option to undertake a summer internship for credit towards your MBA. As an intern, you can develop knowledge and competencies related directly to your career goal and potentially secure a full-time job offer.
ADMITS IN 2018
ADMITS IN 2019
Connect with an Oxford expert
Understand How We can Help you 3X your Chances at Oxford with our Services
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 11th September 2020|
|Round 2 30th October 2020|
|Round 3 8th January 2021|
|Round 4 9th April 2021|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The application fees for Oxford MBA is £150.
- Application Form
- Academic Transcripts
- GRE or GMAT Scores
- English Language Proficiency test scores
- 2 Letters of Reference
- Professional experience with a minimum of two years work experience
Application Essays for Tuck MBA
Other application information
There is an online assessment at the time of application where candidates will need to complete five questions.
- Two motivation-based questions
- Two competency-based questions
- Written response
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services