UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER
MS in Business Analytics
Rochester, New York
University of Rochester MSBA Overview
MS in Business Analytics at University of Rochester is a STEM designated full-time program providing expertise in analytics, coupled with the economics-based curriculum.
University of Rochester MSBA Highlights
|QS World Rankings ’19||–|
Want to know your chances at University of Rochester?
Program and Curriculum
The MS in Business Analytics program offered by the University of Rochester is a perfect blend of theory and practical frameworks to ensure you graduate becoming a sought-after analyst. It aims to provide you a well-rounded academic experience with experiential learning and case competitions. The university also provides you access to the world’s leading subject-matter experts and innovative researchers to equip you with necessary skills that gives you an edge in the competitive global business market.
- Data Management for Analytics
- Core Statistics for MS Students Using R
Programming for Analytics Economics and Marketing Strategy for MS Students Introduction to Business Analytics Predictive and Causal Analytics in R Analytics Design and Applications Advanced Predictive Analytics with Python Social Media Analytics Advanced Business Modeling and Analysis Using Spreadsheets (Only for Internship Track)
- Business System Track-
Accounting Analytics for Forensics Auditing II – Auditing and Information Systems Pricing Track- Pricing Policies Pricing Analytics Risk Management Track- Introductory Finance for MS StudentsRisk Management
This project provides students with the opportunity to use the skills they have gained through MS coursework in statistics and analytics to the develop and execute a capstone project. The projects use real-world situations and data. The project will be run in teams of 4-5 students. Additionally, lectures and guest speakers will provide insights on a variety of topics, including:
- Problem framing and work planning
- Data collection and analysis
- Working with location data
- Working under data and resource constraints
- Complex and interactive visualization
- Steven Brigham ’99S (MBA), Executive MBA Program, CIO and Vice President, Brookstone Inc.
- Eduardo Crespo, CEO , Diverso Inc. and Hispanic Market Solutions
- Robert Eckert, Mattel Corp.Daniel Hecht ’92S (MBA), Procter & Gamble
- Scott Thomas ’92S (MBA), Vice President, 360 Consumer Marketing, The Cartoon Network
- The Simon Pricing Club
Graduates from this program are prepared to work in a variety of industries and roles, including: Business intelligence, Pricing and revenue analytics, Product modeling, Risk management, Strategic analytics, Strategic management and more. The University boasts of 94% job acceptance rate within 6 months of post graduation.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Companies recruiting from University of Rochester MSBA
- Goldman Sachs
- Honda Research & Development Americas, Inc.
- HSBC Group
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Nestlé Waters
- PayPal, Inc.
- Procter & Gamble
- Wayfair LLC
- Wyndham Destinations
- ZS Associates
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ $10,000|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– $5,600|
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earning)||3.6 years|
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
University of Rochester Alumni Info
University of Rochester has a strong alumni network of more than 100,000 people around the world. The Rochester Alumni Exchange (RAX) can connect you to a powerful network of your peers.
Some Famous Alumni
- RUOXI LIU
- TUBA DAR
Digital Analytics Analyst
Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
- KARISHMA VELAGALETI
Data Analyst, Digital Intelligence
MS in Business Analytics : Class Profile
Average Work Experience
- A minimum TOEFL score of 100 with sub-scores in the mid-20s or
- A minimum IELTS score of 7.5 with sub scores of at least 7.
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
MS in Business Analytics Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 15th October 2019|
|Round 2 5th January 2020|
|Round 3 15th February 2020|
|Round 4 31st March 2020|
|Round 5 1st May 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
The application fee $90 which can be waived off for active-duty military members and veterans.
Requests for a fee waiver must be received at least five business days prior to the application deadline for which you are applying.
- Online Application form
- Current résumé and work history
- School-issued official transcripts, scanned and uploaded for each college attended
- Test-taker results for GMAT or GRE (including Analytical Writing Assessment), scanned
- Contact information for two references who can provide a professional recommendation, if contacted
- Test-taker results for TOEFL or IELTS, scanned
The University of Rochester application comprises of 2 essays. Like most universities, University of Rochester also takes its essays very seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students.
The University of Rochester offers scholarship support to more than 60 percent of our incoming MS students, with awards ranging from $5,000 to full tuition. The Admissions Committee takes a holistic evaluation of your potential when determining scholarship awards. Beyond test results and academic performance, the Adcom look for professional experience, extracurricular involvement, community contributions, and leadership capabilities.
Other application information
University of Rochester considers all aspects of your application (Academics, Work Experience, personal qualities and leadership potential) when making an admission decision.
After a careful examination, youy are called for an interview. The admissions interview is an important two-way communication and you should treat the interview as you would a job interview. Dress professionally, arrive a little ahead of schedule and come prepared to discuss your background, while also preparing a few questions to allow you to learn more about Simon and the admissions process.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services