University of Rochester- Simon Business School
Rochester MSF Overview
The MS in Finance program at Rochester can be completed through an accelerated non-internship track or expanded to include the option to complete an internship. Students choosing to extend their program through the internship track will be eligible to seek an internship but are not guaranteed placement.
In addition, this STEM-designated program qualifies eligible graduates on student visas for an optional practical training (OPT) extension, allowing them to remain in the country for an additional 24 months. The STEM designation is also an indication of the quality and rigor of the program, which are factors of significant importance to students and recruiters alike.
Want to know your chances at Rochester?
Program and Curriculum
Within New York, the University of Rochester is Considered a Very High-Quality College at a Good Price. University of Rochester’s overall average net price combined with very high-quality education results in good value for the money when compared to other colleges and universities in New York.
- Quantitative Finance with Python
- Risk Management
- Options and futures
- Investment Management and Trading Strategies
- Asset Management
- International Finance (Switzerland Immersion)
- Strategy, Organization, and Firm Value
- Financial Reporting II
- Special Topics in Finance: Real Estate
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Financial Technology
- Corporate Governance
- Core Statistics with Python
- Financial Statement Analysis.
- Corporate Financial
- Quantitative Finance with Python
- Foundations in Financial Economics
The MS in Finance program at Simon Business School prepares you to enter the world of global finance. This specialized degree provides you with financial analysis skills to be an expert and effective problem solver. Graduates from this program are prepared to work in a variety of industries and roles
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top sectors in Recruitment
- Agricultural Bank of China
- Bank of America
- BlackRock, Inc.
- Bloomberg L.P.
- China Everbright Limited
- Business development
- Cash management group
- Financial planning and analysis
- Municipal securities
- Product control
- Valuation analyst
- Asset management
- Equity research
- Fixed income
- Investment banking
- Investment research
- Merchant banking
- Sales and trading
ENJOY OUR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- KNOW YOUR PROFILE’S STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
- PERSONALISED SCHOOL SUGGESTIONS (Dream, Competitive, Safe)
- ACCESS TO SAMPLE ESSAYS AND INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Rochester Alumni Info
As a Rochester University student, you follow in the steps of a diverse group of alumni whose reach extends around the globe. You benefit not only from an excellent education based on Christian principles but the support and influence of a vast network of professionals who have gone before you.
Alumni work at all levels of Fortune 500 companies such as:
- Ally Financial
- American Express
- Dow Chemical
- Fifth Third Bank
- Ford Motor
- General Motors
Masters in Management : Class Profile
Average Work Experience
The University of Rochester is honored to waive the application fee for active-duty military members and veterans and other eligible Full-Time MS applicants.
- Bachelors degree of at least three years having obtained 180 ECTS in any field of studies (engineering, social sciences, sciences, arts, etc.).
- Applicants may apply in the same year they obtain their degree.
- Not older than 30 during the application year.
We have a 92% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Masters in Management Deadlines
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 1st September 2019|
|Round 2 2nd October 2019|
|Round 3 3rd January 2020|
|Round 4 4th February 2020|
|Round 5 5th April 2020|
Next Deadline Approaching in
Admission to the MSc Finance program is very competitive and the selection committee will pay close attention to all aspects of the application. Here is a list of documents required for the application procedure.
- Online application form
- Current résumé and work history
- One required essay (250-500 word limit)
- Applicant interesting fact (25-word limit)
- School-issued official transcripts scanned and uploaded for each college attended
- Test-taker results for GMAT or GRE (including Analytical Writing Assessment), scanned and uploaded – view school code here
- TOEFL or IELTS
Contact information for two references who can provide a professional recommendation, if contacted
- $90 application fee
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services