University of Sydney MiM Review
Applying for MIM at University of Sydney?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
University of Sydney MiM Introduction
The Sydney MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at Sydney Business school and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Masters in Management, also known as Masters in Management Studies application process, the class profile and placement statistics are presented.
For a person with an entrepreneurial flair, there may be no better institution than the University of Sydney’s MiM (Master of Innovation and Marketing) program.
University of Sydney MiM Class Profile
Average Work Ex
University of Sydney Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of the University of Sydney is 30% which indicates that out of 10 applications, only three will be shortlisted. So, you must prepare the application documents properly and ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria before getting along with the application documents and process.
Acceptance rate – 30%
Program and Curriculum of University of Sydney MiM
This Masters’s degree is built for those who are willing to innovate, collaborate and lead. It is designed for those who want to work in an entrepreneurial environment that promotes innovation, creativity and ethicality. This is the perfect course if you’re working on or have a start-up company. You will receive coaching on how to design your business model and how to develop successful growth strategies.
In addition, there are courses on critical thinking methodology and online marketing strategy workshops, which will equip you with skills from branding basics to digital strategies for 21st-century businesses.
Core units of study
- Financial Management OR Advanced Financial Management
- Digital Transformation
- Business Tools for Management
- The Future of Business
Elective unit of study options
- Managing People and Organisations
- Contemporary Topic in Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Business in China (not currently offered)
Capstone unit of study
- You complete a 12-credit point project unit: MMGT Business Project.
Having a few mates around to shoot the breeze with is all good and well, but nothing can replace a little community spirit! And if you’re not at the University of Sydney, it’s not too late to find the perfect club for you. The University of Sydney got plenty of student clubs that have something for everyone. From those involved in sports like soccer and tennis to those passionate about gaming or even chocolate can pursue their interests.
- Biomedical Engineers, Association of
- Biology Society
- Business Analytics Association (SUBAA)
- Business Society
- Business Information Systems Association
- Consulting Club
- Women in Engineering
- Women in Science Society (WISSOC)
- Work and Organisational Studies Society
- Women in Technology
- Young Entrepreneur Society
Eligibility and Requirements for getting into the University of Sydney MiM
This programme is made for those who wish to develop skills in the crucial business sectors, from strategy to digital innovation. Graduates from all fields of study are welcome to apply, and there is no requirement for prior job experience. You will be a member of a carefully chosen class of about 50 students.
Bachelor’s Degree- You must have earned, or expect to make, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university by the start of the program. If you already have an MBA or its equivalent, you are not eligible for the University of Sydney MiM program.
Work Experience – Not required. You should have no more than two years of full-time, post-graduate work experience.
English Proficiency – If English is not your first language, you may be able to prove English proficiency with an approved English skills test taken within two years of commencing the course.
- IELTS score overall, a minimum score of 7.0 & in each band a minimum score of 6.0
- TOEFL – IBT score overall, a minimum score of 96 is required
- Pearsons Test of English (PTE) A minimum result of 68 overall and a minimum result of 54 in each band
Aptitude Test – Not required, but a good score can uplift your application.
- Transcripts – most recent academic transcript
- Updated Resume – You need to submit an updated resume, which is ideally one page long. So make sure that it is crisp and concise.
- Letters of Recommendation – Your letter of recommendation must consist of your strengths backed up by specific instances.
- Aptitude Test Proof – Not required!
- English Proficiency Proof- Non-native English speakers need to submit any of the following tests-
- IELTS score
- TOEFL – IBT score
- Pearsons Test of English (PTE)
- Application Fee
- Statement of Purpose – A motivational statement (maximum two pages) detailing your learning expectations from the Master of Management programme, both professionally and personally.
- Your CV and Statement of Motivation should be posted in the application portal’s “other” materials area.
- If your undergraduate study results are unavailable by the deadline, you may still apply to the programme.
- If you match the admission requirements, you will also be asked to submit a brief motivational video, which will be evaluated to determine whether you are a good fit for the programme.
University of Sydney MiM Deadlines
The deadline for the semester one application is 15th January 2023. If you miss the deadline, you will have to wait for the next year’s admission. Moreover, keeping the deadline in mind will save you from the last-hour rush to prepare and submit your application documents.
Semester 1 – 15 January of the commencing year
Semester 2 – 25 June of the commencing year
University of Sydney MiM Employment
The University of Sydney MiM placement rate is 72.9%, with students like you achieving a median salary of AUD 43,774.07. On top of this, more than half the students are employed straight after graduating. This is your chance to enter one of the best business schools in Australia and earn a salary commensurate with your qualifications. So why not take advantage of a hugely sought-after program? Apply today!
Take charge of your future career. Learn how to break into the consulting, financial services, technology, and general sectors. You will receive focused, qualified assistance and benefit from our extensive knowledge.
According to the FTMBA Report 2020, the Esade MBA’s versatility exposes students to a wide range of opportunities. After graduation, half of the Class of 2020 found work outside of their native country.
Some students come to Esade having a strong idea of what they want to do with their lives. However, the program’s scope reveals new, more appealing paths. Within three months after graduation, 97 per cent of the Class of 2020 had moved area, industry, or function, and 90 per cent had achieved a job at a good profile.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors hiring University of Sydney MiM Graduates
University of Sydney’s graduates has been voted ‘Australia’s Most Employable’.
The University of Sydney understands the importance of real-world experience while earning a degree. As a result, the program links students with prominent businesses to help them work on current projects and handle real business and management concerns.
The Master of Management degree is an addition to any other degree you might already possess, allowing you to function at the highest level in your chosen industry and effectively use your knowledge. Combining your undergraduate area of expertise with management knowledge and skills can considerably increase your chances of landing a job in your chosen industry. Moreover, you will develop the skills organizations demand of their future leaders by directly collaborating with businesses and participating in highly interactive learning settings. In addition, the alumni of the University of Sydney have been able to work for top firms like Deloitte, Google, EY, Vodaphone, Woolworths, NAB, Oracle, IBM, and so on.
Top Sectors hiring University of Sydney MiM Graduates-
- education and training
- project management
- executive management
- change management
- management consulting
- government and non-profit
- sustainability management.
- organisational development consulting
Top companies hiring University of Sydney MiM Graduates
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Virgin Mobile
- Fresenius Medical Care
- THE ICONIC
- Vision Critical
University of Sydney MiM Alumni info
You will have the chance to connect with thousands of people from all over the world and various corporate sectors thanks to the extensive alumni network of the University of Technology Sydney. Furthermore, the Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholars Network, which is active and expanding, offers scholars the chance to make lifetime relationships and connections with other scholars who have participated in this exceptional scholarship programme. Here are a few of this school’s most well-known former students.
Some Famous Alumni
- Davina Reichman – business consultant
- Michael Patsalos-Fox – Chairman of McKinsey & Co in America
- Robyn Denholm – Chairwoman of Tesla, Inc.
- Sir David Higgins – The Chairman of United Utilities Group
- Michael Hintze – billionaire, philanthropist
- John Grill – billionaire, CEO of WorleyParsons
- Matt Sweeny – The CEO and co-founder of Flirtey, inventor
- Ryan Junee – The founder and CEO of Omnisio and Inporia
- Angus Harris – Co-CEO of Harris Farm Markets
- Timothy Potts – Director of the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles
- Glenn Stevens – Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia
- Matt Barrie – CEO of Freelancer.com
- Cameron Clyne – CEO of National Australia Bank (2009–2014)
- Mark Scott – former CEO of Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Fred Hilmer – CEO of University of New South Wales
- Matt Comyn – CEO of Commonwealth Bank
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Interview Questions for University of Sydney MiM
Your application for MeM will be shortlisted, and the University of Technology Sydney will ask you to participate in an interview before granting you a letter of admission. The university merely needs to make sure that your professional goals are specified and compatible with this curriculum through this. So, before responding to these questions, be assured. There are some frequent questions you could encounter, yet the questions that may be asked of you are not predetermined by the college. You’ll be more prepared for this interview if you prepare the following questions.
- Tell me something about yourself
- Why do you want to pursue the University of Sydney MiM?
- Why a master’s degree now? Why not do an MBA?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What’s your plan B if your career plans don’t work out?
- Have you ever lived in any other country or interacted with people from different countries?
- What are your major strengths and weaknesses?
- Which other schools have you targeted and why?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- Give an example of when you failed. What did you learn from the experience?
What makes the University of Sydney MiM Unique
- Sydney is one of the world’s most beautiful and diverse cities, and there are many job options there.
- Students at the University of Sydney start preparing for the real world here thanks to the university’s global approach to education.
- You are not required GMAT/ GRE to pursue MiM from the University of Sydney.
- You may apply for this programme as soon as you finish your undergraduate studies because you don’t need to have any professional experience. Consequently, you will get to know young leaders.
- You can also apply for the programme after your final exams of the undergrad program and submit your scores later.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is the University of Sydney hard to get into?
Yes, it is hard to get into the University of Sydney as it is among the top universities in the world. The acceptance rate of the university is 8%.
Is it worth going to the University of Sydney?
The University of Sydney is a wonderful choice if you seek a recognised institution with a decent graduate employment rate. It has a distinguished past and is well-known in academics for its name and presence. The campus is lovely, conveniently located, and highly accessible, and most amenities are rather modern.
Is the University of Sydney good for international students?
The university has consistently been among the top 50 universities in the world. As a result, it is quite popular among international students. So, if you wish to study at a world-class university, you can consider the University of Sydney.
What GPA do you need for the University of Sydney?
To get admittance into the University of Sydney, you must maintain a GPA of 3.
Where is Sydney University ranked in the world?
According to QS ranking, the University is ranked #38 globally.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services