Texas McCombs MBA Review
Applying for MBA at Texas McCombs?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Texas McCombs MBA Introduction
Texas McCombs MBA is a two-year program which offers you collaborative and dynamic culture by design. The school offers you a world-class business education which will help you to have diverse perspectives and insights into your career. You’ll supercharge your career, expand your professional network, and sharpen your skills to be an influential leader. The two year in McCombs will bring for you boundless opportunities of learning new things. You will get to experience a wide variety of cultures, quality education with business concentrations and opportunities to work with professionals.
Texas McCombs MBA Class Profile
Consisting of students from about 42 nationalities, ESADE MBA gives the opportunity to connect with all these people from different backgrounds and enhance their perspectives. The diversity of backgrounds is not only limited to cultural distinctions but also, to the work and life experiences that make an individual unique. These alumni with more than 5 years of experience will help you widen your network a great deal.
Average Work Ex
Texas McCombs MBA Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate for McCombs is 28.5%. The Texas McCombs MBA is known for its rigorous admissions process. The process focuses on selecting candidates with diverse experience and profiles. In addition, it focuses on selecting candidates with international experience. Thus, making it highly competitive.
On average, one out of every four applicants is known to get selected for the program.
Acceptance rate – 28.5%
Program and Curriculum of Texas McCombs MBA
The Texas McCombs MBA prepares you to build, manage and lead enterprises through the core curriculum. The School offers you more than 100 electives to choose from. The first semester of the MBA is chosen by the school for you but after the first semester, you can study whatever course you are interested in. McCombs lets you choose 70% of the coursework of your choice.
Additionally, the school provides various things of your interests such as competitions, internship opportunities, study abroad courses, and exchange programs and also gives fellowships to students. The course structure and activities will develop you into a skilled person and will make you ready to walk into the business world.
- Marketing and operations
- Strategic career planning
- A Custom Core class
There are 12 total dual degrees that an MBA student is offered. Some of the dual degrees are–
- MBA / MA in Asian Studies
- MBA / MA in Communication
- MBA / Doctor of Jurisprudence
- MBA / MA in Energy & Earth Resources
- MBA / Master of Global Policy Studies
- MBA / MA in Latin American Studies
- MBA / Master of Mechanical Engineering
- MBA / MA in Middle Eastern Studies
- MBA / Master of Science in Nursing
- MBA / MA in Public Affairs
MBA+ connects students with companies to work through short-term micro-consulting projects in the fall or spring. MBA+ provides a team of four to six students to tackle the issue of the client company. MBA+ provides each team with a budget and guides them through the project management process. Then, at the end of an eight to ten-week project period, the team reports their findings and recommendations to their client.
In the spring, students can take a course focused on a particular country’s social, economic, and cultural background, followed by a 1-2 week tour of the country itself. Past destinations include: China, South Africa, Thailand, and Argentina.
As part of the Texas MBA+ Leadership program, students will have access to communication and specialty coaches—i.e., seasoned experts who are ready to work with you one-on-one to refine your skills in communication, leadership, strategy, organisational culture, and much more.
Teams of students spend several days working on simulated cases for academic challenges hosted by McCombs each year. The teams make presentations to executives, who select winners and offer industry-specific feedback.
The competitions are as follows–
- National Case Competitions hosted by McCombs
- National and Regional Case Competitions
- Texas MBA Case Competitions
The Texas McCombs MBA program is known for its commitment to diversity. Following are the extracurriculars that one can undertake while pursuing this program.
MBA Student organisations
- Graduate Women in Business (GWiB)
- Texas Veterans in Business (TVIB
- eQual MBAs
- Black Graduate Business Association (BGBA)
- Latin American and Hispanic MBA Association (LAHMBA)
- Forté Foundation
- Forté MBA Fellowship
- Consortium for Graduate Study in Management (CGSM)
- Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT)
- Adam Smith Society
- CleanTech Group
- Energy Finance Group
- Graduate Entrepreneurship and Innovation Club
- MBA Tech Club
- Graduate Consulting Group
- Graduate Finance Association
- Graduate Marketing Network
- Graduate Operations Group
- Graduate Real Estate Society
- Graduate Women in Business
- MBA Healthcare Association
- Net Impact
- Sports, Entertainment and Media Association
- AFFINITY GROUPS
- Learn about the Full-Time MBA Affinity Groups & Organizations below
- Black Graduate Business Association
- China Business Association
- EQUAL MBAs
- Indian Graduate Business Association
- International MBA Student Association
- Jewish MBA Organization
- Latin American and Hispanic MBA Association
- MBA Christian Fellowship
- Texas Veterans in Business
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into Texas McCombs MBA)
The University of Texas at Austin requires graduate school applicants to have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or a comparable degree from a foreign institution.
Document Related to the Application
- Letter of Recommendation
- GMAT or GRE test score
- TOEFL or IELTS test score
Texas McCombs MBA Deadlines
For the application for Fall 2023, the admission deadlines are yet to be announced. The confirmed date will be announced in early summer and the application will open in August 2022.
Hence, it would be for the best if you could apply for the program as early as possible.
Texas McCombs MBA Employment
Pursuing MBA from Texas McCombs builds you into a skilled professional which can land you a dream job anywhere in the world. The Employer Relations team of the school works with corporate recruiting teams to design a plan for effectively recruiting Texas MBAs. The Texas MBA gives you an opportunity to land a high-paying job with healthy signing bonuses. The school is highly invested in recruiting you to the best companies. 91% of students were given placements within 3 months after graduating.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring Texas McCombs MBA Graduates
Companies recruiting from Texas McCombs MBA
- McKinsey & Co.
- Bain & Co.
- Oliver Wyman
- A.T. Kearney
- Liberty Mutual
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Bank of America Merrill
- Sabre holdings
Texas McCombs MBA Alumni Info
Texas McCombs MBA program offers you a powerful global network of Longhorns including 540,000+ UT Austin Alumni, 103,000+ McCombs Alumni, and 23,000+ MBA Alumni. Becoming a part of McCombs MBA will introduce you to talented people who have been working in top companies and have gained experience over the years.
Some Famous Alumni
- Bharath Ravichandran (Global Program Manager, Halliburton)
- Courtney Leffall (Senior Marketing Associate, Dimensional Fund Advisors)
- Sarah Matt (Senior Director, Clinical Product Management, Nextgen Healthcare)
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for Texas McCombs MBA
The Texas McCombs expects two compulsory answers from their candidates. The first submission can be as an essay or a video depends on you. The second one you have to give in the form of an essay.
There is also an optional essay which if you wish to answer you can.
Q1 Please introduce yourself. Select only one communication method for your response.
a.Write an essay (250 words)
b.Share a video introduction (one minute in length)
Q2. Picture yourself at the completion of your MBA journey. Describe how you spent your time as a Texas McCombs MBA student to achieve your personal and professional goals. (500 words)
Q3. Optional Statement: Please provide any additional information you believe is important or address any areas of concern that you believe will be beneficial to MBA Admissions in considering your application. (e.g. gaps in work experience, choice of recommendation academic performance, or extenuating personal circumstances) (250 words)
Letter of Recommendation for Texas McCombs MBA
The MBA application for the UT Austin McCombs School of Business includes the following recommendation questions.
- Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organisation. (Recommended word count: 50 words)
- How does the performance of the applicant compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (E.g. What are the applicant’s principal strengths?) (Recommended word count: 250 words)
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (Recommended word count: 250 words)
- Is there anything else we should know? (Optional)
1. Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organisation. (Recommended word count: 50 words)
2. How does the performance of the applicant compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (E.g. What are the applicant’s principal strengths?) (Recommended word count: 250 words)
3.Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (Recommended word count: 250 words)
4. Is there anything else we should know? (Optional)
Interview Questions for Texas McCombs MBA
Q: What would be the biggest challenge for you during the program?
Q: Introduce yourself.
Q: Why McCombs?
Q: Describe a situation where you came up with a unique solution.
Q: What has been the biggest challenge so far?
Q: Why MBA and why now?
Q: What did you learn as a professional, especially from the impact of the Covid-19?
Q: Which other schools have to apply to?
Q: What are your short- and long-term career goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Q: What do you plan to bring to the McCombs environment when you are in school AND afterwards?
Q: Tell me about a time you’ve worked with someone of a different perspective, culture, etc. to yourself and what you learned?
Q: What did you learn through this application process?
Q: Tell me a piece of constructive criticism you’ve received and implemented that feedback
Q: A time when you made a decision with limited data. Looking back would you have changed anything?
Q: A time when you had to deal with an extremely difficult employee. How did you deal with the situation?
Q: If you were the CEO of your company, what are the three things that would keep you awake?
Q: Why did you choose the list of organisations you want to work with post-MBA?
How do you plan to land a job with them?
Q: What do you do for fun?
Q: What would you say is the weakest and strongest part of your application?
Q: Give me an example of a time you faced a conflict while working on a team. How did you handle that?
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is the University of Texas good for an MBA?
The University of Texas-Austin has been ranked number 18 in Best Business Schools. Apart from these, it has been ranked no. 8 in a Part-time MBA.
Is it hard to get into McCombs School of Business?
Yes, receiving admission into the McCombs School of business is highly competitive. It has an admission rate of 28%.
How much GMAT score is required to get into the University of Texas?
A GMAT score of 700+ is required to get into the program. An average GMAT of 708 is required to get into the program.
What are the different types of MBA programs that you can get into the McComb School of Business?
The University of Texas-Austin offers multiple types of programs. Some of these are the Full-Time program, Part-Time program, and the Executive MBA program.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services