USC Marshall MSBA Review
The USC MSBA is a data science STEM degree that focuses on business. The degree is based on pillars such as computer science, statistics, machine learning, optimization, and business strategy. It is one of the country’s oldest MSBA programs and one of the best in the world. The program emphasizes project-based learning in the classroom, which means that students better understand business analytics by actively exploring real-world business difficulties and problems. These projects are being carried out in partnership with industry partners of USC and cover a wide range of business issues. These business issues include finance, operations, marketing, management, supply chain, and human resource issues.
USC Marshall MSBA Class Profile
The class profile of USC Marshall MSBA is vibrant. With students from all accross the globe, the international cohort adds up to 71%, which enhances the quality of class discussions and adds multiple perspectives that contribute to the overall growth. Moreover, the female students are about 50% of the class, which means 93-94 female students. It will ensure the presence of the views of both genders.
Average Work Ex
USC Marshall MSBA Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of USC Marshall MSBA is 14.2%. In other words, out of every ten students, only one or two students will manage to get in. It does not imply that the rest eight or nine students were not good enough for the program. It can simply mean that they could not shine in their application. So, to make sure that your application is an eye-catching one, make your documents specific. Do not copy the content available on the web. Instead, create your own authentic one that consists of your actual experiences and learnings.
Acceptance Rate: 14.2%
Program and Curriculum of USC Marshall MSBA
The Master of Science in Business Analytics degree requires 33 units, taken in 3 semesters (with the flexibility of extending to 4 semesters): Fall, Spring, and Fall, including 19.5 units of required coursework plus 13.5 units of coursework chosen from a list of electives. The program may be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. The main objective of this program is to prepare students to lead in their respective careers.
- Business Analytics
- Applied Modern Statistical Learning Methods
- Statistical Computing and Data Visualization
- SQL Databases for Business Analysts
- NoSQL Databases in Big Data
- The Analytics Edge: Data, Models, and Effective Decisions
- Data Analytics Driven Dynamic Strategy and Execution
- Communication for Management
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Probability and Data Modeling
- Applied Time Series Analysis for Forecasting
- Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Data Mining
- Digital Foundations for Business Innovation
- Monte Carlo Simulation and Decision Models
- Designing Spreadsheet-Based Business Models
- Business Models for Digital Platforms
- Text Analytics and Natural Language Processing
- Fraud Analytics
- Using Big Data: Challenges and Opportunities
- Project Management
- Independent Research in Data Sciences or Operations
- Special Topics (Overview)
- Artificial Intelligence for Business (Special Topics)
- Game Data Analytics (Special Topics)
- Healthcare Analytics (Special Topics)
- HR & People Analytics (Special Topics)
- Sports Analytics (Special Topics)
- Supply Chain Analytics (Special Topics)
- Quantitative Investing (Special Topics)
- Foundations of Information Security
- Foundations and Applications of Data Mining
- User Experience Design and Strategy
- Pricing Strategies
- Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Metrics for Business Decisions
- Foundations and Applications of Data Mining (Viterbi School of Engineering)
- User Experience Design and Strategy (Viterbi School of Engineering)
USC Marshall MSBA consists of about 40 clubs and associations, including community outreach, diversity and affinity groups, career clubs, and social and athletic organizations. These clubs allow students to broaden their network. The activities in these clubs take place during the day, in the evenings, or at weekends. These activities may include networking opportunities, social gatherings, and corporate visits. The events held in these clubs are organized by the students themselves, which provides them with a plethora of options to enhance their leadership acumen.
Clubs and Organizations
- Challenge for Charity (C4C)
- Business of Entertainment Association (BEA)
- Operations Management Club (OMC)
- Entrepreneur & Venture Management Association (EVMA)
- Graduate Marketing Association (GMA)
- Graduate Real Estate Association (GREA)
- Healthcare Leadership Association (HLA)
- High Tech Association (HTA)
- Leadership & Organization Club (L&O)
- Marshall Cannabis Association (MCA)
- Marshall Energy Club (MEC)
- Marshall Consulting & Strategy Club (MCSC)
- Marshall Data Analytics Club (MDAC)
- Marshall Finance Association (MFA)
- Marshall Interactive Gaming Association (MIGA)
- Marshall Mobility and Automotive Club (MMAC)
- Marshall Net Impact (MNI)
- Marshall Travel & Hospitality Club (T&HC)
- Marshall E-commerce & Retail (MERA)
Eligibility and Requirements for Getting into USC Marshall MSBA
Your online application must be complete to acquire admittance to USC Marshall MSBA. An application fee of $155 is applicable, which is non-refundable. Only candidates with a four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent are eligible to apply for the program. In addition, your undergrad degree must be acquired from a well-known and accredited university.
Bachelor’s Degree- You must have a four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university. USC Marshall MSBA welcomes applications from candidates from all around the world. The college has set specific criteria for all the countries.
If you belong to India, you need a four-year bachelor’s degree from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). If you do not have a three-year bachelor’s degree, you would require a master’s degree.
You need to submit your official marksheet that displays your marks per semester.
You also need to submit your official diploma(s)/degree certificate(s)
Academic transcripts– You need to submit a transcript from all of the educational institutions you have attended. These transcripts must be written in English. If any transcript(s) is in any other language than English, you are required to attach an English translation of the same.
Prerequisite Course– Before applying to USC Marshall MSBA, you must complete a statistics course. This course ensures that you the success of the students in the program. This course must be pursued by an accredited educational institution which should cover all of the following topics-
- Basic probability
- Probability distributions (normal, exponential, etc.)
- Inferential statistics such as t-tests, Chi-square test, confidence intervals, and sampling
- Intro to linear regression
GMAT or GRE scores – Though GMAT or GRE scores are no longer required for the USC Marshall MSBA program, if you wish to submit the scores, you may.
Three required essays – You need to answer three essay questions. Make sure to answer these questions specifically; do not include generic stuff.
A professional résumé – You must send your up-to-date professional resume to study for the USC Marshall MSBA program. It should include all your professional endeavors in brief.
English proficiency proof– You must submit an English proficiency proof if you belong to a non-native English-speaking country. To prove your English proficiency, you need to take an English test. USC Marshall MSBA accepts exams such as TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE. Here are the marks required for each of these exams-
|Exam Name||Marks Required|
|TOEFL iBT||More than 90, with 20 or above in each section|
|IELTS||More than 6.5, with 6 or above on each band|
|PTE||More than 61, with 53 or above on each band|
Financial Documentation- If you are an international applicant, you must submit your financial documents like bank statements. It is to ensure that you are able to bear your expenses of pursuing USC Marshall MSBA. While this is not mandatory, you should submit these documents as they will elevate your chances of admission.
The application fee for the direct application is $155.
USC Marshall MSBA Deadlines
The deadline for round 1 to apply for fall 2023 is in October, which gives you a good three-four months to apply for USC Marshall MSBA. Three to four months might seem like a lot of time to prepare yourself and your application documents. However, it is still not enough time to make your documents properly intact. So, it is recommended that you start preparing your application documents such as LORs, resumes, essays, statements of purpose, etc. Doing this will give you a reasonable amount of time to proofread and edit your documents multiple times. Moreover, you would also be able to take advice from your friends and family on the same.
|Round 1||15 OCTOBER|
|Round 2||05 JANUARY|
|Round 3||01 MARCH|
|Round 4||15 APRIL|
|Round 5||Rolling basis|
USC Marshall MSBA Employment/Placement
Through various recruiting activities and a robust Trojan network of alumni, faculty, and corporate partners, the school successfully connects students with alumni and employers around the globe.
Many companies come on campus to interview. Moreover, Marshall’s career services team offers career education programs and workshops tailored to the specific needs of graduate students seeking career transition or advancement to mid-and senior-level executives honing their skills in preparation for the C-suite.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring USC Marshall MSBA Graduates
USC Marshall MSBA Graduate Career Services team is always there to help you get ahead in your chosen career path. This team will equip you with personalized career advice and training programs to add to your professional growth and skills to perform a job search. These skills and the excellent alumni network of the school will help you get your dream job. The top sectors where the alumni of USC MSBA graduates work are consulting, finance, and technology.
Companies Recruiting From USC Marshall MSBA
- McKinsey & Co.
- Bain & Co.
- Oliver Wyman
- A.T. Kearney
- BNB Paribas
- Ernst & Young
- Morgan Stanley
- Goldman Sachs
- JP Morgan
- Deutsche Bank
USC Marshall MSBA Alumni Info
One of the best parts of associating with USC Marshall MSBA is that you will get to be a part of the radiant alumni network of the school. These alumni include people like Dan Bane, Marc Benioff, Alan Casden, and many more. Networking with these exceptional people will help you attain your goals.
Some Famous Alumni
- Dan Bane – Chairman and CEO of Trader Joe’s
- Marc Benioff – Founder and CEO of Salesforce.com
- John Campbell – United States Congressman
- Henry Caruso – Founder of Dollar Rent-A-Car
- Alan Casden – Chairman and CEO of Casden Properties
- Ronnie Chan – Chairman of Hang Lung Group and Hang Lung Properties in Hong Kong
- Yang Ho Cho – President and CEO of Korean Airlines and Chairman of the Hanjin Group
- Chris DeWolfe – Co-founder and CEO of MySpace
- Vic Edelbrock, Jr. – President and CEO of Edelbrock Automotive
- Charles Elachi – Director of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Frank Fertitta III – CEO of Station Casinos
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for USC Marshall MSBA
Please answer these essay questions in the online application.
1. Describe your career aspirations. What roles, companies, industries, and regions do you see yourself working in and how do you see Marshall’s MSBA program helping you achieve your goal? (250 words maximum).
2. Give us an example of a skill that you have acquired through self-learning, and explain the process in which you taught yourself the skill? (250 words maximum)
3. If there is something you would like us to know about you personally or professionally that hasn’t already been mentioned, feel free to do so here. (Optional, 250 words maximum)
One- minute self introductory video- Please create a one minute video addressing the following: In the Business Analytics program, we have a diverse and collaborative environment both inside and outside of the classroom. We also place value on creating a community with the entire Trojan Family. Please describe the contributions you expect to make during your time at USC. How will your colleagues benefit from your presence in the program?
Please upload the video following the instruction in the online application.
Letter of Recommendation for USC Marshall MSBA
To apply for USC Marshall MSBA, you must submit one letter of recommendation. It should be written by your professional referee who has worked with you closely to comment on your professional and managerial skills critically. The person’s designation does not matter, but they must be able to talk about your strengths and weaknesses thoroughly.
Interview Questions for USC Marshall MSBA
You will be called to a Kira interview when USC Marshall MSBA has shortlisted your application for their MSBA program. The interview will be online and focus on your professional ambitions and aspirations concerning your previous experiences and the USC Marshall MSBA program. So, you need to ensure that you are well-prepared. The university has not specified the questions you will be asked during your interview. So, some of the questions that you can prepare for the interview are mentioned below-
Q: Please introduce yourself.
Q: Why do you want to opt for the MSBA program?
Q: What are your future plans?
Q: Why do you want to work at this particular company? What do you know about this role?
Q: What’s your plan B in case your career plans don’t work out?
Q: What are your major strengths and weaknesses?
Q: What are you passionate about? Give me some examples of how you have shown it
Q: What was your role at your previous job/ Internship?
Q: Tell me about a recent news affair that has caught your attention.
What Makes USC Marshall MSBA Unique
Here are a few facts about USC Marshall MSBA that makes it unique-
- USC Marshall MSBA graduates will cultivate an entrepreneurial attitude, lead with integrity, purpose, and ethics, and respect diversity and inclusion.
- USC Marshall MSBA graduates will get a thorough grasp of businesses’ core operations. They will be able to recognize and exploit opportunities in a complex, unpredictable, and dynamic business world by employing critical and analytical thinking abilities.
- After graduating from this program, you will accomplish success by promoting cooperation, communication, and adaptation on an individual, team, and organizational level.
- Under this program, the college will take you on several trips where you will get to network with and learn from the best data analytics teams and companies.
- Under the college trips, you will get to visit places like Seattle, San Francisco, etc.
The USC Marshall MSBA programme is a STEM degree in data science with a focus on business. One of the nation’s oldest MSBA programmes, it has continuously been rated as one of the best in the world. The curriculum places a strong emphasis on project-based learning in the classroom, allowing our students to actively explore business challenges and problems from the real world to gain a deeper understanding of business analytics.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left