USC Marshall MiM Overview
The USC MMS Review is helpful for students who want to know and have a quick overall understanding of the Masters in Management program at USC Marshall Business school. Apart from a brief overall review of the USC Marshall Business School, data about the Masters in Management also known as Masters of Management Studies application process, the class profile and placement statistics are presented so that you can make a correct choice.
USC Marshall MiM Highlights
|QS WORLD RANKINGS ’18||75|
Program and Curriculum
The Master of Management Studies (M.M.S.) is intended to give the individuals who have officially completed the equivalent of the first year of an accredited traditional 2-year M.B.A with a chance to pursue further study in regions of specialization at present available to Marshall graduate students.
This program enables students to choose from a wide assortment of Graduate level courses offered to students in Marshall’s M.B.A. and specialized degree program. Imminent candidates are urged to survey the full rundown of specialized Master’s plan offered by the Marshall School of Business before applying for admission to this program. Information about the areas of focus offered to Marshall graduate students is accessible in the Marshall Graduate Elective Course Guide.
Classes pertinent to the degree are offered amid both daytime and evening hours. The degree may be completed on either a full-or part-time. Worldwide students ought to hope to finish the program within two semesters.
Here are some examples of the same
- Finance and Business Economics
- Data science and Operations
- Management and Organization
- Negotiating and deal making
- Strategy and Operation CFO lens
- Graduate Student Investment Fund course
- MBA and Business fellowship Program
You will explore many different aspects of the business and corporate events including i
Some examples being—>
- Macro Day Conference
- Conference on finance
- Private Equity Conference
- Marshall Eatz
- Marshall Golf Club
- Marshall Outdoor Club
- MBA Partners
- Marshall Soccer Club
91% of MiM graduates get placed within 3 months of graduation. Options are pretty high for global jobs as well. Graduates can work in a wide range of sectors.
Top 3 Sectors
- Consulting 30%
- Technology 16%
- Finance 16%
Companies recruiting from USC Marshall
- McKinsey & Company
- UBS Investment Bank
- JP Morgan Chase
- East West Bank
- Roth Capital Partners
- Net Gear
Want to know your chances at USC?
USC Marshall MiM Alumni Info
The USC Marshall has a vast global network of thousands of alumni, students, faculty, staff, parents, donors, partners, friends and fans. This unique, genuinely supportive community is among the most loyal anywhere. The Family makes a promise, a commitment to support that is lifelong and worldwide.”
390k Total Alumni have earned their degree from USC
Some Famous Alumni
- John Campbell, USA Congressman
- Tom Hicks, Owner of Liverpool F.C
- Kevin Tsujihara, CEO of Warner Bros
USC Marshall Class Profile
The MiM program is well tailored for students for all academic backgrounds who seek to launch their business careers in big companies or new ventures. it creates worl class leaders, corporate analysts, venture capitalists, product or project manager and other managerial roles. In Addition, students with advanced degrees in other fields such as engineering, communications, construction management and others profit from thei integrated business program.
- You should have at least 2 years of full-time, post-graduate work experience.
- should have scored in at least the 80th percentile on the GMAT or the GRE
- The equivalent of a 4-year bachelor’s degree is required for admission
- applicants must have completed at least the equivalent of the first semester of a traditional 2-year M.B.A. accredited by the AACSB, EQUIS, ACBSP, AOCTE, IACBE or AMBA
- Successful applicants should have earned a GPA of 3.3 or greater (on a 4.0 scale) in their graduate business course work
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a score of at least 100 with no less than 20 on each of the four test components.
- The PTE (Pearson Test of English – Academic) with a minimum score of 70.
- The IELTS (preferred) with a score of 7, with no less than 6 on each band score.
USC Marshall MiM Deadlines
|INTAKES Deadline Dates|
|Fall semester 15th May 2019|
|Spring semester 1st November 2019|
|Summer semester 15th March 2019|
Next Deadline Approaching in
Connect with USC
- Completed online application
- Official scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GRE
takenno more than 5 years prior to the applicant’s anticipated first term at USC.
- Responses to required essay questions.
- A nonrefundable application fee
- Proof that the applicant has earned an undergraduate degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree. One official transcript from the registrar of each college or university attended must be submitted to USC in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. If all college or postgraduate work has not been completed, transcripts must be sent again when work in progress is completed and the degree is posted. Transcripts written in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Degree Verification. Applicants who completed degrees at institutions outside the United States must also submit documents verifying their degrees through the International Education Research Foundation (www.ierf.org/usc). Please visit the IERF web site for details about the required documents and fees.
- International applicants must also submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE taken no more than 2 years prior to the anticipated first term of enrollment and verification of sufficient financial support
The USC Marshall is known for its global network and Passionate Community. Through their essays, they want to see a clear career focus on goals and also want to know the person behind the goals.
Question 1 (200 words)
Essay #1 (Required): What is your specific, immediate short-term career goal upon completion of your MMS? Please include an intended position, function, and industry in your response.
Question 2 (400 words)
Essay #2 (Required): Please respond to ONLY ONE of the following essay topics.
1. Please describe the contributions you expect to make to your classmates outside of the classroom during your time at USC.
2. You have been asked to design a course to be taught at the Marshall School of Business. Please provide a title and description for the course.
3. What has been the most interesting day or moment in your life and why?
4. You have been hired by the Marshall MMS Admissions Committee to create an essay question for next year’s application. Please state the question and answer it.
Essay #3 (Optional): Please provide any additional information that will enhance our understanding of your candidacy for the program.