Usc Marshall school of Business
USC Marshall MSF Overview
The USC MSF Review is helpful for students who want to know and have a quick overall understanding of the Masters of Science in Finance program at USC Marshall Business school. Apart from a brief overall review of the USC Marshall Business School, data about the Masters of Science in Finance application process, the class profile and placement statistics are presented so that you can make a correct choice.
USC Marshall MSF Highlights
|QS WORLD RANKINGS ’18||75|
Program and Curriculum
USC Marshall’s Master of Science in Finance gives you the keys to career success. Our one-year, intensive program offers a comprehensive foundation in finance and the flexibility to pursue your personal goals.
The program is built on a 36-unit curriculum that combines a broad array of required core and elective courses. The MSF curriculum is designed to offer a comprehensive foundation in finance and flexibility to pursue individual interests. Core courses in accounting, economics, finance and quantitative analysis are supplemented with courses on the role of finance in corporations, investment analysis and portfolio theory, and forecasting and risk. Students can personalize their degrees with elective courses on such topics as real estate, mergers and acquisitions, and hedge funds. All courses are taught on the University of Southern California campus by the Marshall School of Business’ award-winning teachers, scholars and practitioners.
Here are some examples of the same
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Hedge Funds
- Trading and Exchanges
- Advanced Real Estate Law
- Accounting concepts and Financial reporting
- Quantitative methods in Finance
- Money and Capital Market
- Forecasting and Risk Analysis
Some examples being—>
- Private Equity Conference
- Conference on finance
- Macro Day Conference
- Marshall Eatz
- Marshall Golf Club
- Marshall Outdoor Club
- MBA Partners
- Marshall Soccer Club
75% of MSF graduates get placed within 3 months of graduation. Graduates can get placed in a wide range of sectors.
Top 3 Sectors
- Consulting 30%
- Technology 16%
- Finance 16%
|Private Wealth Management||7%|
|Real Estate Finance||7%|
Companies recruiting from USC Marshall MSF
- McKinsey & Company
- UBS Investment Bank
- JP Morgan Chase
- East West Bank
- Roth Capital Partners
- Net Gear
USC Marshall Alumni Info
The USC Marshall has a vast global network of thousands of alumni, students, faculty, staff, parents, donors, partners, friends and fans. This unique, genuinely supportive community is among the most loyal anywhere. The Family makes a promise, a commitment to support that is lifelong and worldwide.”
390k Total Alumni have earned their degree from USC
Some Famous Alumni
- John Campbell, USA Congressman
- Tom HIcks, Owner of Liverpool F.C
- Kevin Tsujihara, CEO of Warner Bros
USC Marshall MSF Class Profile
The MSF programme at USC Marshall is a STEM designated programme and the plus point of this programme is that no minimum work experience is required to become eligible for this programme.
- Four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Official academic transcripts from the Registrar of the institution where the courses were taken
- Official GMAT/GRE report is required
- Two required essays, as outlined in the online application
- One letter of recommendation
- English-Language Proficiency Requirements TOEFL/IELTS
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 26th November 2018|
|Round 2 7th January 2019|
Next Deadline Approaching in
- Completed online application
- Official scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GRE taken no more than 5 years prior to the applicant’s anticipated first term at USC.
- Responses to required essay questions.
- A nonrefundable application fee
- Proof that the applicant has earned an undergraduate degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree. One official transcript from the registrar of each college or university attended must be submitted to USC in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. If all college or postgraduate work has not been completed, transcripts must be sent again when work in progress is completed and the degree is posted. Transcripts written in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Degree Verification. Applicants who completed degrees at institutions outside the United States must also submit documents verifying their degrees through the International Education Research Foundation (www.ierf.org/usc). Please visit the IERF web site for details about the required documents and fees.
- International applicants must also submit scores from the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE taken no more than 2 years prior to the anticipated first term of enrollment and verification of sufficient financial support
The USC Marshall is known for its global network and Passionate Community. Through their essays, they want to see a clear career focus on goals and also want to know the person behind the goals.
Question 1 (200 words)
Essay #1 (Required): What is your specific, immediate short-term career goal upon completion of your MSF? Please include an intended position, function, and industry in your response.
Question 2 (400 words)
Essay #2 (Required): Please respond to ONLY ONE of the following essay topics.
1. Please describe the contributions you expect to make to your classmates outside of the classroom during your time at USC.
2. You have been asked to design a course to be taught at the Marshall School of Business. Please provide a title and description for the course.
3. What has been the most interesting day or moment in your life and why?
4. You have been hired by the Marshall MSF Admissions Committee to create an essay question for next year’s application. Please state the question and answer it.
Essay #3 (Optional): Please provide any additional information that will enhance our understanding of your candidacy for the program.