Unsure If Your Profile Will Get YOU Into Your Target Schools?
What is the WHU MiM Review?
The WHU MiM review will provide our quick evaluation of the program and help candidates seeking admissions at WHU understand if this would be a good choice to help them along their career path in order to attain their short term and long-term goals. In addition to the review of the school, we also give a glimpse into the admissions process in place and career opportunities in the past couple of years. This information has been consolidated from the current brochure and website of the school.
The review also offers key insights about WHU MiM rankings, deadlines, class profile and more.
The WHU MiM Program
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management (or WHU Vallendar) is a German business school. The mainly privately financed school was founded in 1984 by the Koblenz chamber of commerce and is located in Vallendar near Koblenz and Düsseldorf. WHU maintains a network of over 190 partner universities worldwide.
The school's partnership with the Kellogg School of Management, USA has led to the joint Kellogg-WHU Executive MBA Program which is ranked as one of the best EMBA programs in Europe. Its Master of Science in Management program has been ranked 4th worldwide by the Financial Times in 2014, making WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management the foremost German business school.
WHU is the abbreviation of German Wissenschaftliche Hochschule für Unternehmensführung (English: academic institution of higher education for corporate management). Patron and main financier of the business school is the late billionaire and founder of the METRO Cash & Carry Group, Otto Beisheim.
WHU is one amongst the leading European business schools and has consistently been ranked in the top 10 for its Masters in Management program by Financial Times worldwide rankings in the past couple of years. Following a position of #3 and #4 in 2013 and 2014 respectively, it has slid to 9th position in 2016. You can check out current rankings here. In terms of weighted salary, it has been ranked number 5 and number 2 for placement success. In addition to the MiM program, the school also offers a Masters in Finance and Master in Entrepreneurship.
WHU offers a variety of Masters programs:
Master in Management: -
Master in Management is a 17 or 21 months’ program which offers you an opportunity to develop expertise in all areas of business administration and prepares you for a wide range of career options across the business world. The curriculum is designed in such a manner, that it integrates academic excellence with practical relevance.
Master in Finance: -
Master in Finance helps you gain an in-depth understanding of financial markets by offering a broad range of electives in the field of finance. The program will train you for a wide range of career opportunities in the global financial industry. The program combines a systematic analysis of finance with practical relevance and an international perspective.
Master in Entrepreneurship: -
In the process of developing an entrepreneurial attitude, WHU has always strived to build a creative and innovative environment to inspire students. Masters in Entrepreneurship program offers a high level of academic quality combined with WHU’s unique entrepreneurial network.
- Aims to impart practical learning through international experience and a solid academic schedule in the form of modules
- Applicants need to have an academic background in a business related field.
- Extensive network of 195 partner institutions and 160 partner corporate companies.
- Alumni network boasts of a number of entrepreneurs and is a bonus for entrepreneurial candidates looking for incubation and mentoring opportunities. For more information on this, click here. The In Praxi alumni network has over 3,600 members
- Successful applicants can choose between their 90 credits and 120 credits track based on the undergraduate field of study with the 120 credit track providing a unique international experience through a semester abroad.
- Students can gain international experience through either the semester abroad program or the capstone module abroad program.
- The program has a compulsory integrated internship component
- WHU has two campuses – one in Dusseldorf and one in Vallendar. Students of the Masters in Management program study at the campus in Vallendar. Vallendar is located at the heart of the Rhine valley and is scenic with its waterbodies.
- Offered 98% employment within three months after graduation
- WHU has a long list of students clubs to enrich their university life, such as Campus for Finance, Music Club, WHU Debating Union, The Entrepreneurial Group, just to name a few.
Next, in the WHU Masters in Management Review, we are going to look at the eligibility criteria and application process for the MiM program.
Want to be a part of the 2019 success stories?
The application process comprises of three steps
- To apply for the 2019 intake, follow the link.
- Upon review of your application, you may be invited to the Admission Test. It will consist of two one-on-one interviews. You will either attend the On-Campus Admission Test or the Off-Campus Admission Test via Skype.
- The final decision will be communicated shortly after admission test.
The applicant is required to complete the online application form.
On completing the application, the school will contact you for admissibility following which the WHU admission test is administered on-campus or off-campus via Skype/telephone. The admissions test has two parts to it. In the first part, candidates are required to take a presentation on a management related topic followed by a discussion and the second part is a one-on-one interview.
Detailed information on the application process is available here.
- Academic Degree of at least 180 ECTS credits in a business related field of study.
- At least 5 months of relevant practical experience. Can be through internships during undergraduate studies.
- Minimum GMAT score of 600.
- Minimum TOEFL iBT score of 100 or an IELTS of 7.0.
- International Experience through study abroad or internship.
- Completed Application Form and Biographical Questionnaire.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- One Passport Photo (45mm * 35 mm, size less than 1 MB).
- Copy of Secondary Education Diploma (in German or English).
- Copy of University’s Diploma (if available) and Transcript Record.
- Official GMAT Score report.
- Official TOEFL Score report.
- Proof of internship/work placements.
- Proof of international experience.
- Application fee of €90.
Next, in the WHU Masters in Management Review, we are going to look at some relevant details about the MiM program as well as the employment opportunities after graduation.
Check out what our Past WHU clients say about our Services
Duration: 17 months (90 credits track) or 21 months (120 credits track).
Location: Vallendar, Germany.
Application Deadline for 2019 intake: May 15, 2019
Program Start: 1st September.
Average Salary (Weighted): €88,391.
Tuition Fees for 2016 intake: €19,200 (90 credits track).
€23,600 (120 credits track).
*Fees include study costs for capstone module abroad or study abroad but does not include double degree costs.
Merit-based scholarships are available. In fact, 20% of WHU students get aid through various grants and organizations. For more information on financial aid, click here.
Monthly housing costs vary between €320 and €545. Options vary from single rooms to apartments. Average monthly food expenses are around €150. For more information on additional costs of living, click here.
Career Development Opportunities
Annually, more than 50 companies are active on campus through corporate presentations. Two recruiting fairs happen, one in February and one in October. Students also receive weekly newsletters with information on job & internship opportunities, alumni network, corporate connections etc. 95% of the students found job opportunities within 3 months of graduation.
The school has a very strong alumni network of 2800 alumni. As mentioned earlier, the school’s network of 195 partner institutions and 160 corporates is a big plus.
Some partner institutions include: National University of Singapore (NUS), ESADE, ESCP Europe, ESSEC, New York University (NYU), Copenhagen Business School, IE Business School, Kellogg School of Management, Rotterdam School of Management, Carnegie Melon University, Tuck School of Business (Dartmouth), University of Texas.
Some corporate connections include: McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Goldman Sachs, Accenture, Morgan Stanley, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Lastly, in the WHU Masters in Management Review, we are going to look at the application essay questions.
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
- Have you ever gained any professional experience (e.g: internships, work of founding a company) ?
- Have you ever worked as a volunteer (e.g: in a non-profit organization, relief organization, political party or university committee) [mention name of organization, function, duration and description of activity] ?
- Have you ever worked in a team for a substantial period of time? Please describe the circumstances and your responsibilities.
What was your most important experience in that context? What went well? What would you do differently?
- Have you ever held a position of leadership responsibility? If so, please describe your area of responsibility briefly.
- What are your most favorite hobbies?
- What is the most unusual thing you've done in your life? Please provide a brief description.
- Have you ever stayed in a foreign country for an extended period of time (3 months or more)?
[eg] student exchange program, practical training abroad, civilian service, au-pair employment.
- What were the decisive motives and expectations behind your choice of a Masters program?
- Why have you decided to pursue a Master's at WHU specifically, and what do you believe makes you particularly suited for our program?
- Which of your abilities and other qualities would you like to develop during your Master studies?
- What professional activities would you like to pursue following the completion of your Master's degree? Why these activities?
We hope the WHU MiM Review was able to provide you with ample information about the MiM program offered by WHU Otto Beisheim School of Business. All information has been sourced from the WHU website, for more information you can visit the official website of WHU- Otto Beisheim School of Business.
Find more information on the degree
A Merit & an Eiffel Scholarship! Hell Yeah!
I wouldn't think twice if I had to go back in time to choose MiM-Essay again. They provide the best one can offer for the best price. And since they are specialised for this MiM counseling, one shouldn't think of any other service apart from theirs when it comes to applying for MiM courses. The 2 scholarships & admits from ESSEC & ESCP, just prove this point.
They made my application shine!
Mim-Essay helped me write my story in a way that was compelling and distinct. Through brainstorming, attentive listening, patience and hard work, the Mim-essay staff helped me find what made me unique and competitive in a large pool of applicants. In addition, the limitless edits made the essays and the resume engaging and appealing enough to stand out during the application
Worth every penny!
I would strongly recommend this service. It is worth every penny, the application essays are a very important part of your application and getting help from MiM-Essay's team was one of the best decisions I took. They definitely helped me optimize my chances to get into my dream school, I am super happy to land an admit at ESCP.
Love their approach
Thanks to their continued mentoring I was finally able to convert my RSM Application. The experience has been absolutely amazing & extremely streamlined. Their step by step process of asking me everything about my previous experiences starting from my childhood to my current state is quite an unprecedented practice that I have not seen any other admission counselor do. And the way they structure all of those experiences into a cohesive & the detailed prose is very remarkable. Overall, I'm completely impressed with MIM Essay & would highly recommend it to anyone who needs help for preparing his master's application.
Never thought would get both my target schools!
They know what they do and they are 100% effective. I wanted to get into LSE and Duke, & with their assistance in all the phase of the admission process, we succeeded! To everyone who is wondering if these services are useful, I can firmly say that I probably couldn’t have succeeded without them.
Best investment of my life!
Admits from both HEC & ESSEC :D.... to those contemplating whether to try their services or not....don't think.. Just take them ... I couldn't think of any other service better than theirs'... Be is essay .. LOR .. Or interview .. They are the best in all... Not just for MIM essay they are commendable with MBA essay as well..
Just go for it!
I would say, do not think twice about it and GO for it. It is a worthwhile investment and will go a long way in helping you secure a place at your dream college. I not only got into my target colleges- HEC & ESSEC, but even won a 20,000 euro scholarship!
The MiM-Essay team can significantly improve your essays and increase your chances of getting into your target programs. For people with a non-business background, the MiM-Essay team is good at highlighting the relevant information within your experiences, and making the stories resonate with audiences. An admit from HEC just proves the worth of their services 🙂
Couldn't have asked for more!
I can say that investing in an essay-editing service is one of the best investments I have ever made. I came to MiM-Essay with big dreams and not-so-good numbers. Abhyank worked with me to bring out everything positive that I had done to tell my story, to show my assets and make them shine brighter than my numbers. Getting into ESSEC would have been difficult without that help.
Taking the essay and interview pack was one of the best decisions I made during the journey, not only is their profound knowledge about business schools very helpful but also their constant support will keep you motivated. I am very happy with the service they propose. I truly believe it gave me a strong competitive advantage and helped me present a polished image of myself in front of the LBS panel, ultimately getting me an admit.
Nothing but the best!
It was a great experience working with MiM-Essay team, they helped me crack into LBS my first priority, I did not even need to think of my second-priority or whatsoever. If MiM-Essay team diagnosed you, and then, ensured that you have a high level of possibility of achieving your aims, they definitely can help you prepare for the applications perfectly.
Want to improve your chances of an admit at the WHU?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.