WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin
Founded in 1984, WHU has made its name synonymous with Excellence in Management Education. Its over-the-top educational standards have also been certified by many reputed organizations like The Financial Times & The Economist.
Applying for MFin at WHU?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin Introduction
AMBA, AACSB, & FIBAA
€26,500 – €33,200
The WHU Master in Finance experience is unlike any other. It is challenging, dynamic, and highly inspiring. Many features make WHU’s Master in Finance Programs unique. These include flexible curricula, an integrated study abroad component, an internship that offers its students the opportunity to apply their knowledge to actual business situations, and the option to acquire a full second degree from selected partner universities.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in many events organised by our students and the Career Center, such as IdeaLab!, Founders Career Day, SensAbility, Euromasters, and many more, in addition to a challenging academic curriculum.
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin Class Profile
With 45 nationalities and an average class size of 47, the MSc in Finance at WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management is an excellent course to pursue. In addition, the smaller class size makes it easier for the students to understand the course better.
Keep in mind that the recent class at WHU had the average GMAT scores above 600. So, it becomes pretty crucial to go for the exam sincerely.
Average Work Ex
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin Acceptance Rate
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management does not display the scceptance rate of their progrmas in particular.
Program and Curriculum of WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin
WHU Master in Finance (MiF) is a full-time English degree combining a comprehensive analysis of financial institutions, markets, and strategies with practical relevance and an international perspective.
With the worldwide recognition of the WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, its Masters in Finance program individually has also been ranked as the number 1 program in Germany by The Financial Times 2021.
- Advanced Econometrics
- Capital Market Theory
- International Financial Reporting
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Asset Management
- Behavioral Finance & Emotional Finance
- Contract Theory
- Corporate Governance
- European Banking and the Financial Crisis
- Financial Modeling with Excel
- Financial Risk Management
- Financial Technologies
- Financial Valuation
- Leadership in Investment Banking
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Having completed their first two semesters at WHU, the students will gain valuable work experience through an internship in Germany or abroad. The Career Center supports its students in finding an internship position via a broad range of activities such as individual career counselling, workshops, and company presentations.
The Master’s thesis concludes the studies, providing the students with the opportunity to apply the skills and knowledge they have gained throughout the Master’s Program. While writing their thesis, the students will be supervised by a WHU faculty member. The students may also write their thesis in collaboration with a company.
Business Sector Club
Student Clubs are an absolute favourite and the heart and soul of the WHU Otto Beisheim School of management’s student experience. 35+ clubs provide a vibrant, collective and fun community to suit the needs of our diverse and international student body. Clubs are also an opportunity to explore areas of business interest and provide virtual networks that extend to alumni and the wider community. Some of the clubs include:
- LHG Vallendar- University’s Liberals’ Association
- Opinion- The Debate Society of WHU
- RCDS at WHU
- Saidia Consulting
- Studentische Buhne der WHU- Student Theatre group
- WHU Euromasters
- WHU MBA Consulting Club
Eligibility and Requirements (How to get into WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin)
- Recent graduate: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in STEM subjects with a solid quantitative background and experience in finance-related areas
- A person with a Minimum of 12-weeks of relevant work experience
- A person with a Maximum of 4 years of post-graduate work experience
- GMAT/ GRE/ TM-Base Scores
- TOEFL/IELTS/CPE scores
Document Related to the Application
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment.
- A one-page resume (CV).
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA.
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report.
- English language proficiency score report (TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS or Cambridge).
- Copy of Passport or ID card.
- 2 completed online reference forms.
- Passport-style photo in .jpg or .jpeg format only.
The application fee for the direct application is €100.
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin Deadlines
The deadline to apply for MSc in Finance, 2022 at WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management is May 31st 2022. Therefore, the students who want to pursue the Master’s in Finance at the said university must hurry up to apply before the end date.
Note that the candidates who need visas were required to fill out the application before April 30th 2022.
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin Employment
WHU campus has been a popular location for internships in Education and now offers credit courses, work terms, and internships in several areas. The campus accommodates approximately 50 students.
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
Top Sectors Hiring WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin Graduates
WHU will provide you with best in class career opportunities supplemented with unparalleled career counselling.
- Banking & Finance: 60%
- Consulting: 13%
- Industry & Services: 13%
- Startup & Online Business: 7%
- Continuing Education: 6%
- Founder: 1%
Companies recruiting from WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin
- AllianzBain & Co.
- Deutsche Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- Oliver Wyman
- CoopersProcter & GambleRocket Internet
- The Boston Consulting Group
- Volkswagen Consulting
WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin Alumni Info
WHU is unique, and so are its alumni. Founded by the first graduates in 1988, In Praxi – WHU Alumni Association is regarded as one of the best alumni associations in the German-speaking region. The alumni organization has more than 3,900 members. Historically, and until today, more than 90% of all graduates become members of In Praxis. Approximately 25% of its members live outside of Germany and are spread over more than 65 countries worldwide. In addition, more than 30 regional chapters help to keep the community alive and to establish a global network of friends.
Some Famous Alumni
- Julian Deutz – CFO of Axel Springer
- Robert Gentz – Founder & Board Member of Zalando
- Philipp Justus – Managing Director of Google, Germany
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Application Essay for WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin
While applying for the MEM program at WHU-Otto Beiheim Business School, you are required to answer a few questions and upload the answers separately on the website. These questions are:
Question 1: Please provide detailed information about your internships.
Question 2: Please provide detailed information about your professional work experience.
Question 3: How did you learn about the WHU Master of Science program? Please write 2-3 sentences.
Question 4: Please provide detailed information about your international experience (optional).
Letter of Recommendation for WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin
- How long and in what capacity have you known the candidate? (No word limit)
- If this is a work-related reference, in what position is/was the candidate employed and for how long? (No word limit)
- What do you consider to be the candidate’s principal strengths/talents? (No word limit)
- What do you consider to be the candidate’s weaknesses or areas that need improvement? (No word limit).
Interview Questions for WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin
Q. What can you tell me about yourself?
Q. Could you please walk me through your resume?
Q.Why pursue an MSc in finance? Why did you choose WHU?
Q. Why an MFin now or at this point in your career?
Q. What are your immediate and long-term objectives?
Q. What is your backup plan if consulting/investment banking does not pan out?
Q. What are your main assets? Could you please provide some examples?
Q. What is your most significant flaw? Could you please provide some examples?
Q. What value can you bring to the class?
Q. Why should we bother you?
Q. Is there a reason why we shouldn’t choose you?
Q. Which destination, if you had to choose one, would you choose and why?
Q. Why did you choose Germany?
Q. Why not China, for example? If it were China, what would be the comparative advantages?
Q. When you were working with your clients, what was the most exciting event?
Q. What do you like to do when you have free time?
What makes WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, MFin Unique
Here are a few facts about WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management that makes it unique-
- The FT ranked the Masters in Finance program as the top-most in Germany and 22nd globally.
- Forty-five per cent of the students are international students from more than 45 different countries.
- The MSc Finance is designed for recent graduates with a minimum of 12 weeks of work experience who want to gain hands-on knowledge and expertise from industry experts in Finance.
- Masters in Finance provides students with two available tracks: 90 Credit track and 120 credit track; the latter also includes 30 credit study abroad semester for its students.
- Students enrolled in Masters in Finance are also required to submit a thesis, which helps students apply all the theoretical knowledge to practicality. You will be guided by a WHU faculty member for the same.
- More than 4,700 executives from 45 countries make up the global alumni network.
- WHU admission process is easy, but the requirements need to be kept in mind. A GMAT or GRE score is required at WHU and other requirements mentioned in the blog. Through this WHU MFin review, you must have gained sufficient information about WHU Masters in Finance.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
Is WHU a decent school in Germany?
WHU was placed third in the world in the Master in Management rating by Times Higher Education in 2019.
For the eleventh year in a row, the Financial Times’ Masters in Management rankings have put WHU’s placement and career services in the top two in the world as of 2020.
Is WHU recognised?
WHU is currently EQUIS, AACSB, and FIBAA approved. Re-accreditations ensure that our Business School meets or surpasses high national and international criteria on a regular basis.
What does a Master of Finance student learn?
You’ll gain the financial and business skills you’ll need to launch your own company, operate as a personal financial advisor, or work with a startup.
Why do people pursue a Master of Finance degree?
A Master of Finance degree can help you break into the fascinating world of Finance while also preparing you for long-term job success in a variety of fields.
Masters in Finance graduates land some of the highest-paying finance jobs at companies like JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs.
Is a Master of Finance a problematic degree to obtain?
While Finance does necessitate some math training and knowledge and skills in accounting and economics, it is not inherently more complex than any other subject of study, especially for those who have a natural affinity for mathematics.
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services