WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
Masters in Finance
Applying for WHU?
Know how we can increase your Chances by 300%
Introduction: WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management
WHU Otto Business School of Management is one of the best leading schools in Germany with worldwide recognition. Founded in 1984, WHU has made its name synonymous with Excellence in Management Education. Its over-the-top educational standards have also been certified by many reputed organizations like The Financial Times & The Economist.
WHU has two renowned campuses located in Vallendar and Düsseldorf. While the majestic campus of Vallendar, located in Upper Middle Rhine Valley, is dedicated to Bachelor’s, Masters in Science, Kellog- WHU Executive MBA, and Doctoral programs, the Düsseldorf campus is a home for Full-Time MBA, Part-time MBA, and other Executive Education programs.
With more than 1665 students, 58 faculty members, and 128 Partner Universities WHU offers holistic growth and development to its students. More than 30 clubs ensure that student life at the campus of WHU brings a ton of excitement and exposure altogether. WHU sums up the student campus life as – Modern, Diverse, and International. From Enactus WHU and FEM- The WHU’s Female Leadership Initiative to TEDxWHU, this Number 1 school of Germany has no room for disappointment.
WHU MFin Overview
The WHU Master in Finance experience is unlike any other. It is challenging, dynamic, and highly inspiring. Many features make our Master in Finance Programs unique. These include flexible curricula, an integrated study abroad component, an internship that offers you the opportunity to apply your knowledge to real business situations, and the option to acquire a full second degree from selected partner universities.
WHU MFin Highlights
WHU alumni network
Program and Curriculum
WHU Master in Finance (MiF) is a full-time English degree combining a comprehensive analysis of financial institutions, markets, and strategies with practical relevance and an international perspective.
With the worldwide recognition of the WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, its Masters in Finance program individually has also been ranked as the number 1 program in Germany, by The Financial Times 2021. This program at WHU is offered in two variants:
- 17 months: (90 Credit Track) , the tuition fee for 17 month duration is €26,500
- 21 months: (120 Credit Track) , the tuition fee for 21 month duration is €33,200.
- Advanced Econometrics
- Capital Market Theory
- International Financial Reporting
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Asset Management
- Behavioral Finance & Emotional Finance
- Contract Theory
- Corporate Governance
- European Banking and the Financial Crisis
- Financial Modeling with Excel
- Financial Risk Management
- Financial Technologies
- Financial Valuation
- Leadership in Investment Banking
- Mergers & Acquisitions
The MiF Program also includes an International Component – the study abroad semester (120 credit track) or the capstone module (90 credit track).
Having completed your first two semesters at WHU, you will gain valuable work experience through an internship in Germany or abroad. The Career Center supports you in finding an internship position via a broad range of activities such as individual career counseling, workshops, and company presentations.
The Master thesis concludes your studies, providing you the opportunity to apply the skills and knowledge you have gained throughout the course of the Master Program. While writing your thesis, you will be supervised by a WHU faculty member. You may also write your thesis in collaboration with a company.
- Digital Entrepreneurship
- Digital Transformation with Axa
- Energy & Finance with Deloitte et Société Générale
- Excellence in Client Experience with LVMH
- Luxury with Kering (Gucci, Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, Sergio Rossi, Boucheron…)
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Social Business/Enterprise and Poverty with Danone, Schneider Electric and Renault.
Student Clubs are an absolute favourite and the heart and soul of the WHU Otto Beisheim School of management’s student experience. 35+ clubs provide a vibrant, collective and fun community to suit the needs of our diverse and international student body. Clubs are also an opportunity to explore areas of business interest and provide important networks that extend to alumni and the wider community. Some of the clubs include:
- LHG Vallendar- University’s Liberals’ Association
- Opinio- The Debate Society of WHU
- RCDS at WHU
- Saidia Consulting
- Studentische Buhne der WHU- Student Theatre group
- WHU Euromasters
- WHU MBA Consulting Club
Do you have a Profile that is good enough for Top Schools?
Take our Free Profile Evaluation & Find Out
WHU campus has been a popular location for internships in Education, and now offers credit courses, work terms, and internships in a number of areas. The campus accommodates approximately 50 students. WHU will provide you with best in class career opportunities supplemented with unparalleled career counselling.
Top 4 Sector
- Investment Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Private Equity
- Financial Analysis.
|Banking & Finance||60%|
|Industry & Services||13%|
|Startup & Online Business||7%|
Top companies recruiting from WHU
Companies recruiting from WHU MIF
- AllianzBain & Co.
- Deutsche Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- Morgan Stanley
- Oliver Wyman
- CoopersProcter & GambleRocket Internet
- The Boston Consulting Group
- Volkswagen Consulting
Return on Investment (ROI)
|Cost of Living||+ €13,600|
|Average Impact of Part-Time Jobs||– €7,000|
|Average Salary||€101,100 |
|Amount Recovery (setting aside 25% of earnings)||1.6 Years|
Which Schools are Dream, Competitive & Safe for you?
Find via our Profile Evaluation
WHU MFin Alumni Info
WHU is unique, and so are its alumni. Founded by the first graduates in 1988, In Praxi – WHU Alumni Association is regarded as one of the best alumni associations in the German-speaking region. The alumni organization has more than 3,900 members. Historically, and until today, more than 90% of all graduates become members of In Praxis. Approximately 25% of its members live outside of Germany and are spread over more than 65 countries across the world. More than 30 regional chapters help to keep the community alive and to establish a global network of friends.
Some of the most famous Alumni of WHU- Otto Beisheim School of Management are:
1. Julian Deutz – CFO of Axel Springer
2. Robert Gentz – Founder & Board Member of Zalando
3. Philipp Justus – Managing Director of Google, Germany
- WHU is looking for smart, diverse, and creative students from around the world. For our Master of Finance Programs, WHU seeks recent graduates with an above-average track record in their academic education who show personal commitment, are passionate about collaboration, and possess excellent English-language skills.
- One of the prominent reasons to choose Masters in Finance at WHU is to experience Europe’s best-ranked Career Centers.
- WHU- Otto Beisheim School of Management is a privately held business school in Germany, whose Masters in Finance is the Number 1 ranked program in Germany.
- Recent graduate: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in STEM subjects with a strong quantitative background and experience in finance related areas
- A person with Minimum of 12-weeks of relevant work-experience
- A person with Maximum of 4 years of post-graduate work experience
- GMAT/ GRE/ TM-Base Score: GMAT Score of at least 600, and GRE Score of at least 158 in Quantitative and Verbal Section
€26,500 or €33,200
EQUIS, AACSB, FIBAA
We have a 97% Success Rate In Helping Applicants Get Into Top Schools Like
Book a Free Strategy Session to understand how we can help you get into the World’s Best Schools.
- Degree certificate(s) or current certificate of enrolment.
- A one-page resume (CV).
- All official up-to-date academic transcripts and official GPA.
- GMAT or GRE or TAGE MAGE official test score report.
- English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or TOEIC or IELTS or Cambridge).
- Copy of Passport or ID card.
- 2 completed online reference forms.
- Passport-style photo in .jpg or .jpeg format only.
Let us read through what we have learned till now about Masters in Finance from WHU.
- The FT ranked the Masters in Finance program as the top-most in Germany and 22nd globally.
- Forty-five per cent of the students are international students from more than 45 different countries.
- The MSc Finance is designed for recent graduates with a minimum of 12 weeks of work experience who want to gain hand-on knowledge and experience from industry experts in Finance.
- Masters in Finance provides students with two available tracks: 90 Credit track and 120 credit track; the latter also includes 30 credit study abroad semester for its students.
- Students enrolled in Masters in Finance are also required to submit a thesis, which helps students apply all the theoretical knowledge into practicality. You will be guided by a WHU faculty member for the same.
- More than 4,700 executives from 45 countries make up the global alumni network.
- WHU admission process is easy, but the requirements need to be kept in mind. A GMAT or GRE score is required at WHU and other requirements mentioned in the blog. Through this WHU MFin review, you must have gained sufficient information about WHU Masters in Finance
FAQ No- 1 What does WHU stand for in WHU- Otto Beisheim School of Management?
Wissenschaftliche Hochschule für Unternehmensführung is the full-form of WHU in WHU- Otto Beisheim School of Management
FAQ No- 1 Is WHU a Public University?
No, WHU is a privately-held Business School of Management situated in Germany.
FAQ No- 3 What is WHU Masters in Finance fees?
For 90 credit track WHU’s Masters in Finance fees is €26,500 and for 120 credit track WHU’s Masters in Finance fees is €33,200
Check out what our Past clients say about our Services
Other schools you can check
Imperial College Business School Ranks 2nd in the UK and 15th in the world. The MSc Management program is an intensive, full-time, one-year program that prepares graduates coming from diverse academic…
The LSE MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at LSE and understand if it would be the correct choice for them.
UCL is a world-class business school in central London. It has been ranked amongst the top-notch B-schools in Europe and its MSc Finance program is an internationally known master’s program, bringing together expert lectures and brilliant minds.