Masters in Management the USA
MIM can either be a general program or specialist degree in subjects like finance, supply chain management, marketing, accounting, operations management, information technology, business analytics, among many others. Students can choose either a full-time or part-time mode of study; however, majorly international students opt for a full-time MIM.
Applying for MiM in USA ?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Though the MiM, or Master in Management, is primarily a European phenomenon, several business schools throughout the world have added this quickly increasing degree to their portfolio in the last 5-6 years.
Thunderbird and Duke were among the first colleges in the United States to offer master’s degrees in management in USA. Boston University, Harvard Extension, and the University of Buffalo, to name a few, have all adopted it. International students have gotten used to gaining leadership and management experience through a variety of internships. However, this degree is currently offered by over 50 schools under numerous titles.
A business school’s average tuition rates typically vary from $44,000 to $50,000. This does not include the cost of living, which is indicated above. Other fees, such as books and materials, transportation, and personal expenditures, are in addition to tuition.
There are several variables to consider when applying for a scholarship in the United States.
Specific scholarships are offered based on TOEFL score, academic GPA, and student nationality, but you may contact college admissions staff and financial aid specialists for more information. You must handle your funds as an international student.
List of Top MiM Colleges In the USA
Duke Fuqua School of Business
• Master in management from Duke Fuqua is a 10 month full time program.
• Total Cost of the Master of Management Studies from Duke Fuqua is $57,500.
• You can get an average Salary of $62,000 after completing the degree.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university by the start of the program.
• A valid GMAT, GRE result however in some cases SAT and ACT test scores are also accepted.
• You should not have more than 2 years of full time work experience.
• Master in management from Georgetown is a 10 month full time program.
• Total Cost of the Master of science in Management from McDonough is $55,000.
• You can get an average Salary of $52,500 after completing the degree.
• You should not have more than 3 Years of work Experience if you are applying for this program.
• GMAT and GRE tests are waived off if you have 3.2+ gpa. However you can submit them.
• A valid IELTS or TOEFL Test Score is a plus to have.
• Masters in management from Babson is a 9 months full-time program.
• Program fee of MS in management in entrepreneurial leadership is $4,000. In addition $1820 is charged per credit.
• You can get an average Salary of $62,399 after completing the degree.
• An undergraduate degree in any discipline needed.
• GMAT and GRE is not Necessary if you are applying for Master in Management at Babson.
• Valid 7.0+ IELTS or 100+ TOEFL score card is good to have for international students.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• MiM from University of Illinois is a 9 months full-time STEM Designated program.
• Total Cost of the Master of science in Management from Uni of Illinois is $43,420.
• You can get an average Salary of $58,583 after completing the degree.
• A 4 years undergraduate degree in any discipline needed.
• GMAT and GRE is not Necessary if you are applying for MIM at University of Illinois.
• TOEFL scores of 103 or greater or IELTS scores of 7.5 or greater are required.
University of Texas at Dallas
• You can complete your degree in 18 to 24 months with a combination of online and classroom courses.
• The total fee for international students is $58,100.
• You can get an average Salary of $68,000 after completing the degree.
• To apply for Master’s in Management Science degree program, an undergraduate degree is required.
• Average GMAT score is 600, and the average admitted GRE score is 310.
• TOEFL scores of 95 or greater or IELTS scores of 7 or greater are required.
University of Virginia
• Master in commerce is a 10 months STEM Designated full time program.
• The Total program fee of Master in commerce for interntional students is $47,950.
• You can get an average Salary of $69,000 after completing the degree.
• UG degree with a strong liberal arts, science, or engineering undergraduate degree.
• GMAT and GRE is not needed for this course. However its good to have them.
• Submit a TOEFL or IELTS score via electronic download request.
Ross School of Business
• MiM from Ross school of business is a 10 months full-time program.
• Total cost of the program for international students is $52,853.
• You can get an average salary of $67,000 after completing the degree.
• Students with a non-business/business minor are eligible for the Master of Management program.
• You can provide either GMAT or GRE scores, which are valid for five years after you take the exam.
• TOEFL score of at least 100 or official IELTS score of 7.0 is required.
Boston School of Business
• MiM from Boston is a two-year full-time program divided into 4 semesters.
• Total cost of the program for international students is $58,560.
• You can get an average Salary of $70,000 after completing the degree.
• A 4 year undergraduate degree required. In some cases 3 year degree also accepted.
• It does not require the GMAT or GRE. However to increase your chances you can submit it.
• TOEFL score of at least 90 or official IELTS score of 6.5 is required.
University of Maryland
• MiM from Maryland is a one-year full-time program divided into 2 semesters.
• The fee of each semester for international students is $30,000.
• You can get an average Salary of $71,965 after completing the degree.
• An undergraduate degree in any field.
• A GMAT with a minimum of 600 points or equivalent GRE result.
• TOEFL score of at least 96 or official IELTS score of 7.0 is required.
• Cornell’s STEM-designated Master of Professional Studies (MPS) is a one year program.
• Total cost of the program for international students is $60,286.
• You can get an average Salary of $60,708 after completing the degree.
• An undergraduate degree required in any stream.
• A GMAT with a minimum of 600 points or equivalent GRE result.
• TOEFL examination requires a minimum cumulative TOEFL score of 100.
GW SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
• MiM from GW B School is a one-year full-time program. It can also be completed part-time.
• The fee of each semester for Non-EU students is €1,500.
• You can get an average Salary of €65,965 after completing the degree.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
• The GRE or GMAT test is not required if your gpa is 3.25 or higher.
• TOEFL score of at least 100 or official IELTS score of 7.0 is required.
Though the MiM or Masters in Management has been predominantly a European phenomenon, in the past 5-6 years a lot of business schools worldwide have been including this rapidly growing degree in their portfolio. There are several colleges for Masters in Management in USA worth targeting.
Thunderbird, and Duke were some of the first schools to offer Masters in Management in the USA. Boston University, Harvard Extension, University of Buffalo have also adapted it quite frankly. It has become an idle choice for international students to learn leadership and management experience through numerous internship. But now over 50 schools are offering this degree under various names.
Leadership, entrepreneurship, creative thinking, management and analytics are nowadays most valued skills in business and management.
Masters in Management in USA at a glance
- Duke Fuqua Master of Management Studies class consists of 43% International Students from 20+ countries. Companies recruiting from Duke Fuqua are General Motors Co, Google Inc, IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Accenture, Deloitte & Touche, Ernst & Young, Mckinsey & Company, BNP Paribas, Goldman Sachs.
- Kellogg MS in Management Studies class consists of 42% International Students with 55% female students. In 2015, Kellogg has an employment rate of 100% within 3 months of graduation with an organization like Accenture, Deloitte, Dropbox, Google, IBM, Johnson & Johnson
- Michigan Ross Masters in Management class consists of 12% International students with 41% female students. An organization like Accenture, Amazon, General Mills, Deloitte, KPMG, PepsiCo, Oracle had placed students from Michigan Ross.
Hence you can see that all schools offer great post-graduation opportunities in varied fields from Consulting to Marketing and developing leadership quality with efficient learning experience.
Working after studies
If you think that you want to stay and work in the United States after completing your undergraduate degree, make sure that you know your visa requirements and restrictions. The US immigration system can be confusing for those who intend to stay on after study. If you want to continue living in America after graduation, you have to find a job with an employer who is happy to sponsor your stay. Or else after the program ends, you will have 60 days to depart the U.S.
1. F1 Visa
Students who aim to enter the US for full-time, degree or academic program at a university has to apply for F1 visa. F1 is a nonimmigrant visa.
The first step to apply for F1 visa is to get SEVIS (Student Exchange Visitors Information System) generated I-20form from the university or college that the student intends to attend. Next step is to take an appointment for an interview after paying the requisite fees, followed by filling DS-160 form online, and then finally start preparing for your interview.
2. H-1B Visa
H-1B is meant for those coming to the United States to perform services in a pre-arranged professional job. Your employer is required to file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor concerning the terms and conditions of its contract of employment with you.
3. H-2B Visa
H-2B Visa is meant for those who are coming to the United States to perform a job which is temporary or seasonal in nature and for which there is a shortage of U.S. workers.
4. L-1 Visa
An L-1 visa is required if you are the employee of an international company which is temporarily transferring you to a parent branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the same company in the United States.
Living in the US
The USA is well-known for the top universities such as Harvard, Massachusetts of Technology, Boston University and has the biggest chunk of international students from foreign. They continually develop their courses to influence leadership and creativity experience in students. Excluding your tuition fees, and insurance the other factors which add up to your cost of living are accommodation, food, and necessities.
The place of stay also plays a key role while you decide the living expenses in the USA. Generally, the cost of housing is economical in New York ($1,440 per month) compared to California and San Francisco ($1,956 per month).
The average annual cost of living in the USA for international students is US $10,000 to $18,800. This includes $12006 for rent, $4,776 for food and $2,000 for other daily expenses.
The average Tuition fees for a business school normally range between $44,000 to $50,000. This is excluding the cost mentioned above for the cost of living. Apart from tuition fees there are other fees like books & supplies, transportation, personal expenses etc.
Scholarships for Masters in Management in USA
There are lots of factors to be considered before you apply for a scholarship in the USA.
Based on TOEFL score, academic GPA and students nationality, specific scholarships are available but to get detailed information on it, you can approach college admissions officers and financial aid experts. Being an international student, you need to manage your finances. (Note: scholarships are only applicable on tuition fees and it does not affect any internship)
Sources of scholarship in the US are Government bodies, external organizations as well as individual US universities.
Name of the scholarship
Source of Scholarship
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program Fulbright Foreign Student Program
Abbey Road Summer Scholarships The Next Gen Scholarship Fund Tortuga Backpacks Study Abroad Scholarship David P. Shapiro Annual Leukaemia Scholarships
Michigan State University International Scholarships
Japan-United States Friendship Commission East-West Center Scholarships and Fellowships
Developing Countries students
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders MasterCard Foundation Scholarships
One question that readers usually ask is
Why are there next to no schools in the FT MiM rankings?
Even though acclaimed schools as MIT, Duke, Michigan, Boston University, North western, USC and Notre Dame have been offering the MiM for some time now, none of them make it to the FT rankings. Why?
The answer to the question is twofold:
- Most of these US programs are young and have been started a few years
- FT doesn’t include programs that are younger than Five years
What this means is that there are still some years until you see popular US business schools dotting the rankings, but DUKE is all set to make an entry next year and should surely be in the top 15.
The Salary, mobility and job placement, internship, statistics of recent graduates of MiM programs in the USA shows that the schools are doing good & will surely make a name for themselves in the MiM degree landscape as well. Creative learning and leadership are key focused key-points at these schools. To provide an overall experience and make them future leaders.
Master of Science in Product Management is also gaining a likeable scope among aspirants nowadays. Institutes like Boston University, Colorado Technical University, Kellogg’s School of Business and lot otters are providing great exposure for these kinds of programs.
Some school reviews of popular Masters in Management schools in the US.
- Duke Fuqua Master of Management Studies Review
- Kellogg MS in Management Studies Review
- Michigan Ross Masters of Management Review
MSc in Management in USA
Top Universities for Masters in Management in USA
|Sr. No.||School Name||Programme Name|
|1||Aquinas College||Master of Management|
|2||Barry University||Master of Management|
|3||Bellevue University||Master of Management|
|4||Boston University, Questrom||Master of Science in Management Studies|
|5||Colorado Technical University||Master of Science in Management|
|6||Cox School of Business, at Southern Methodist University||Master of Science in Management|
|7||Dallas’s Jindal School of Management||Master of Science in Management Science|
|8||Daniels College of Business, University of Denver||Master of Science in Management|
|9||DePaul University||Master of Science in Management|
|10||Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business||Master of Science in Management|
|11||Emmanuel College||Master of Science in Management|
|12||Fordham University||Master of Science in Management|
|13||George Mason University||Master of Science in Management|
|14||Goodman School of Business, Brock University||Master of Science in Management|
|15||Harvard Extension School||Master of Science in Management|
|16||Hough Graduate School of Business, University of Florida||Master of Science in Management|
|17||International Partnership of Business Schools (IPBS)||Master of Science in Management|
|18||Kellogg’s school of business||Master of Science in Management|
|19||Keuka college||Master of Science in Management|
|20||Lasell College||Master of Science in Management|
|21||Lehigh University’s College of Business and Economics||Master of Science in Management|
|22||Lubar School of Business, at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee||Master of Science in Management|
|23||Mays Business School, Texas A&M University||Master of Science in Management|
|24||Mount Ida College||Master of Science in Management|
|25||New Jersey Institute of Technology||Master of Science in Management|
|26||Northeastern University, D’Amore-McKim||Master of Science in Management|
|27||Polytechnic Institute of New York University||Master of Science in Management|
|28||Portland State University||Master of Science in Management|
|29||Questrom School of Business||Master of Science in Management Studies|
|30||Ryerson University||Master of Science in Management|
|31||Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, School of Business||Master of Science in Management|
|32||San Diego State University’s College of Business Administration||Master of Science in Management|
|33||Sloan School of Management||Master of Science in Management|
|34||St. Vincent College||Master of Science in Management|
|35||The Catholic University of America||Master of Science in Management|
|36||The Graziadio School of Business and Management||Master of Science in Management|
|37||Thunderbird School of Global Management||Master of Science in Management|
|38||Tulane University, Freeman||Master of Science in Management|
|39||University of Buffalo||Master of Science in Management|
|40||University of illinois||Master of Science in Management|
|41||University of Maryland University College||Master of Science in Management|
|42||University of Miami||Master of Science in Management|
|43||University of Michigan, Ross||Master of Science in Management|
|44||University of Notre Dame, Mendoza||Master of Science in Management|
|45||University of San Francisco||Master of Science in Management|
|46||University of South Carolina, Moore||Master of Science in Management|
|47||W.P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University||Master of Science in Management|
|48||Wake Forest University||Master of Science in Management|
|49||Walsh College||Master of Science in Management|
Confused about which school would be a better fit for your career?
Take our Free Profile Evaluation to get an understanding of where you stand and which business schools can be a good experience for you. Or what kind of internship to opt for.
In case you wish to have step-by-step guidance on completing your admission process in a hassle-free manner.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Step Game Plan to Build your Profile for 2023 Intake
Limited Slots Left
You Might Also Like
MiM or Masters in Management is a premium post-graduate degree targeted towards individuals who have just graduated or are young professionals. It is a degree providing comprehensive knowledge about varied management streams such as Finance, Marketing, Consulting, Entrepreneurship among many others..
The “What is the Masters in Management (MiM)” question can be put into context by comparing it with the MBA. Over the years, as the Masters in Management has been gaining prominence, it has often been confused with a type of MBA. But on closer scrutiny, we can see a number of differences between the MBA & the MiM….
Is Masters In Management Worth It?
While the concept of MBA revolutionized business education in the 1980s, the last decade has ushered in an era of “ Re-Thinking The MBA”. High tuition costs, several years of work experience and the need for a fast-track entry in the business world are the dominant reasons for the decline of the MBA.