MBA IN IRELAND
Master of Business Administration is a program that is designed to teach students about various types of business. However, it is not limited to only business. It covers various areas of finance, accounting, marketing, human resources, statistics, etc.
Master of Business Administration is a program that is designed to teach students about various types of business. However, it is not limited to only business. It covers various areas of finance, accounting, marketing, human resources, statistics, etc. It is an international degree that is currently the most prominent international degree world-wide. Because of Ireland’s location, you can travel to many places in Europe and you can find employment in 27 other European countries as well. The number of international students studying in Ireland reached a new level with 45% increase between 2013 and 2017. The resident work permits for higher education students is increased from 9,300 to 13,500 since 2013. There are 2,000 Indian students currently studying in Ireland for higher studies.
Benefits of Studying MBA in Ireland
- There are so many advantages of studying an MBA in Ireland and one of them is having an internationally recognized degree with theoretical and practical knowledge. And it is an English-speaking country.
- Many people consider studying MBA in Ireland because of its unique and not lengthy duration. Whereas other countries offer the program with a duration of 2 years.
- The reason students choose Ireland for pursuing an MBA, because it is very economical when compared to other countries like the USA, UK, and Canada.
- There are a lot of top business schools situated in Ireland which gives you the best education and placements one can possibly get.
- Ireland is known for its advanced technology and teaching excellence with a lot of opportunities after completion of the course.
- Students can apply for a non-renewable extension after completing the course, which is up to 2 years.
- According to the IMF’s World Economic Outlook database, out of the top 10 economics, 5 are in Europe. So, there is no lack of employment in Ireland as of now.
Cost of an MBA in Ireland
On an average, the tuition fee for a full-time MBA program in some of the top-notch universities in Ireland can range from 15000 USD in schools like Dublin Business School to 40,000 USD in schools like Trinity College Dublin. This is relatively pretty budget-friendly when compared to the tuition fees for the same program in countries like USA. Moreover, the cost incurred for the program can be easily recovered as the placement opportunities in Ireland offer pay packages from $80,000 to $99,000 per year.
No. of Intakes for Ireland course
Irish universities and colleges offer two Intakes. These intakes are also called as semesters.
- Autumn: Starts early September and ends in December.
- Spring: Starts from late January and ends in May.
Visa Process for Students in Ireland
You need to apply for a student visa in Ireland if you wish to study there for more than 3 months.
The process of getting a visa to study abroad is an important process that cannot be avoided. If you want to study in any country, the first thing you need to do is apply to your preferred university before 6 months. Then you have to apply for a visa.
One of the most important things in the application process is receiving electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCoE).
Some of the documents that are required for the visa process are:
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- English proficiency certificate (IELTS/PTE)
- Academic certificates
- Overseas student health cover (OSHS)
- Letter of acceptance from the university.
- Proof of payment of your tuition fee.
- Commitment to leave Ireland on the expiry of your visa.
If you are applying without submitting the English test score, then you have to apply for a conditional offer letter.
If you have already submitted the English test score then you can apply for the unconditional offer letter to your education provider.
The whole process may take up to 4-6 weeks for asserting depending on that particular university/institution.
Submission of evidence of sufficient funds must be done 3 months prior to the date of application for your duration of stay. In the evidence of sufficient funds, the only acceptable funds are Educational Loan, Fixed deposits, Balance in a savings account and Personal Loan (Disbursed fully).
Few unacceptable funds are Shares, Debentures, Bonds, LIC surrender value, PPFS, EPF, GPF, PF, CPF, Co-Operative bank balance.
In English language requirements, the universities accept IELTS, PTE, TOEFL scores as proof of your proficiency in English.
In case you are working and your company is sponsoring you, you will need to submit the balance sheet and bond signed with the company.
IELTS is one such test which is mandatory to get into any university/ Business school and during the process of getting visa especially if you are from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and some other countries.
To apply for a student visa, you need to fill and complete the online application form through the website of the Irish Naturalization and Immigration Service. After filling the application, you must follow the instructions before submitting the supporting documentation. You might need to provide your biometric information too while submitting the application.
Requirements for a Work Permit in Ireland
In order to secure a work permit in Ireland, there are various regional requirements that one needs to fulfill before applying for the same. Students from all over the world can also indulge in part-time jobs to ease the financial burden and manage the cost of basic amenities. Below mentioned are the requirements necessary for obtaining a work permit.
- Official Offer Letter clearly mentioning the annual income, the company name, address of the company, and the date of joining the company.
- The aspirant’s area of focus must be similar to the study he/she pursued at the school
- Documents like Bank statements and sponsor confirmation that validate one’s financial stability
- Proof of Residence like a Driver’s License
- Proof of a clean criminal record that assures that the applicant will comply with the laws and regulations in the country.
- Proof of University qualification and earlier education such as – Diplomas, Marksheets, Certificates, etc.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBA in Ireland
In order to get into any university in Ireland, a 3- or 4-years bachelor’s degree is a must.
The aggregate of 60% or above from any recognized university in a bachelor’s degree or any other equivalent degree is mandatory for admission.
Some of the Top universities have the mandatory requirement of 3 to 5 years of work experience if you want to pursue your MBA in Ireland.
Other Eligible Criteria
Any of the English proficiency test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, PTE are mandatory.
In a few Business schools and universities, GMAT score is not a mandatory requirement to enter into an MBA program irrespective of the specialization. But, GMAT is highly recommended if you don’t want to take any chance of not getting into the university or the Business school you prefer.
Entrance Exams Required for MBA in Ireland :
The English proficiency tests are mandatory for every university, even if you have completed your academics in the English medium.
- IELTS is an International English Language Testing System. If you wish to get into the top business school or university, you need the overall band score of 6.5 and not less than 6.0.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is another test that requires the band score of at least 79 and for few universities, it varies from 100 to 90 to 80 to 70, and the least accepted band score is 60.
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) is one test which requires the band score of 6.5 overall and not less than 6.0 to get into any university.
Along with these English proficiency tests, a candidate needs to qualify the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test). The average score to get into some of the top colleges ranges from 650 to 750 and the least accepted is 550.
Few universities waive the English Proficiency test if there is a personal interview scheduled for a candidate.
Top Universities That Offers an MBA in Ireland
Studying in one of the reputable institutions can make a lot of difference. After graduating this plays a key role in your employment. One of the important factors recruiters consider while recruiting you is the reputation of the university where you have completed your course from.
Before selecting any university, you need to shortlist schools that offer the best course according to your requirements. You need to go through the course structure of every university and select the university that will add more value to your degree.
Some of the top universities that offer an MBA program are :
|College Name||Course Duration|
|University College Cork, Cork, Ireland.||2 Years (part-time)|
|Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin, Ireland.||2 years (part-time)|
|Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick, Ireland.||2 Years(part-time)|
|Irish Management Institute, Ireland.||12 Months|
|Trinity Business School, Dublin, Ireland.||2 Years (part-time), 1 Year (full time).|
|Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland.||12 Months|
|National University of Ireland Galway, Galway, Ireland.||12 Months|
|Griffith College Limerick, Limerick, Ireland.||2 Years (part-time), and distance learning MBA is also provided.|
|Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, Dublin, Ireland.||12 Months|
|Griffith College, Dublin, Ireland.||2 years|
Apart from other things like undergraduate academic transcripts, GMAT score, English proficiency test score, work experience, some of the other requirements are:
- Updated resume with all the details like achievements and work experience.
- Application essays.
- Two confidential references, along with email addresses.
When you think of studying abroad and it doesn’t matter where the first and foremost question that pops up is the college fee structure. The course fee is one of the deciding factors.
Choosing to study in Ireland gives you the advantage of an affordable program fee structure.
Here’s the list of fee details charged by few Universities and Business Schools in Ireland
|College Name||Course Fee|
|University College Cork, Cork, Ireland.||$31,240|
|Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin, Ireland.||$22,132|
|Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick, Ireland.||$32,198|
|Irish Management Institute, Ireland.||$16,737|
|Trinity Business School, Dublin, Ireland.||$35,287/ per year.|
|Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland.||$24,270|
|National University of Ireland Galway, Galway, Ireland.||$18,133|
|Griffith College Limerick, Limerick, Ireland.||$15,500|
|Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, Dublin, Ireland.||$38,000|
|Griffith College, Dublin, Ireland.||$55,000|
The numbers are in USD. And fee structure might vary according to the part-time and full-time MBA offered by the above universities.
Scholarship/ Financial Fund
Students who are confused about how are they going to afford the cost of tuition fees and are thinking if they can afford to study internationally or not, the scholarship is the best getaway they can get. There are so many scholarships and educational loans that are available for them.
Anyone can get a scholarship and the true requirements are: Having a basic grade, willingness to learn and give something back to society.
When people think of applying for a scholarship, they assume that only high grades can get scholarships or IELTS (or)TOEFL are mandatory for scholarships, but it is not entirely true. Don’t let your assumptions take charge of your desire to study abroad.
Scholarships are provided for courses like Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D., Exchange and Research Fellowship.
You can apply for a scholarship through an online application form, which is absolutely free.
Some of the Universities and colleges offer the scholarships for international students who would like to study in their university/business school. All you need to do is, go to the university website you wish to pursue your higher education from and apply from there.
You need to check if your field of education is eligible for that scholarship and then you can apply for them respectively.
Fully Funded Scholarships Cover
- Visa cost
- Tuition fee
- Medical insurance
- Monthly stipend and some other minor costs, etc.
- The Mwangi MBA scholarship: it is a fully-funded scholarship which is open to only female citizens of Kenya. UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School funds this scholarship.
Partially Funded Scholarships Cover
This includes small amounts that can be used for your other expenses and cost of living or it can be used to pay your tuition fee.
Few universities that offer different types of scholarships are :
- Achiever MBA scholarship: it is a partially funded scholarship that covers only tuition fees. The university that offers this scholarship is Michael and Smurfit Graduate Business school.
- Forte Fellows Programme: it is offered by the forte foundation. It is a partially funded scholarship for international students.
- Seamus McDermott MBA scholarship: it is a partially funded scholarship for students with their tuition fees and it is offered by Trinity College Dublin.
Few other types of scholarships are:
Country Based Scholarships
Privately Funded Scholarships
Government Funded Scholarships
Every individual has their own style of living. Some of us like to live within a budget and cut all the extra costs and some of us live like there’s no tomorrow.
So, the living cost depends upon two major factors, The City you live in and The Lifestyle you would like to live in.
knowing the average living cost is also a very important part of your financial planning because it will reduce your extra costs and you will have the most accurate budget according to it.
Ireland universities allow you to study and work simultaneously. So, you can start working part-time and the allowed time is 20 hrs per week.
The two basic unavoidable costs are Accommodation and food.
Accommodation costs depend upon where you choose to live. You can live individually or in a rental or in a shared accommodation which means you are sharing it with people. There are other options like hostels, boarding schools, and guest houses. The estimated accommodation cost according to the type of accommodations are :
Students living alone might have a cost of up to 427 euros per month.
Students living on campus might have a cost of up to 300 to 600 euros per month.
The second major expense is Food. Eating out regularly can be very expensive, and it is going to shell out so much money which will affect your financial status. Rather than eating out every day, you can actually learn cooking and try to cook as much as you can at home because it is definitely a much cheaper option.
Some of the other unavoidable expenses are :
- Gas and electricity
- Groceries and Eating out can be up to 250 to 300 euros per month.
- The phone and Internet can be up to 60 euros per month.
- Transportation can cost up to 50 to 55 euros per month if it is public transportation.
- Transportation can cost up to 50 to 55 euros per month if it is public transportation.
- Medical insurance can cost up to 45 euros per month.
As a student, you can expect the monthly costs of around 650-1000 euros. The estimated cost of living in a few cities in Ireland are :
- Dublin: 1,100 to 1,800 euros per month.
- Cork: 860 to 1,400 euros per month.
- Galway and a few other small cities cost around: 800 to 1,000 euros per month.
Note: The expenditure may vary from individual to individual according to their spending and their choice of lifestyle.
There are numerous job opportunities for an MBA graduate in both the public sector and the private sector. MBA can be done in many fields and each field has its own benefits.
Some of the fields are :
- Investment Banking
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Healthcare Management
- Data Analytics
- Fintech and Blockchain
- Artificial Intelligence
Some of the roles you will be fulfilled after the completion of course according to your specialization are:
Market Research Analyst
Salary After MBA in Ireland
Some of the components that affect your salary are your specialization in a particular field, and your work experience, the company that recruited you and the city or country you work in.
The advantage of completing your course from Ireland is you will have the international business knowledge and a degree with the opportunity of employment around other European countries.
According to the survey conducted by the QS intelligence unit, the pre-MBA salary was $46,106 with a post-MBA salary of $84,022 in Europe.
The best paying degree is an Executive MBA in Ireland with a pay scale of $88,000.
Average salary for an MBA graduate in Ireland according to their respective fields are :
- Executive Management and Change: $83,000
- Financial Services: $76,000
- Finance and Control Strategy: $71,000
- Program and Project Management: $68,000
Work Visa After Completing MBA in Ireland
Normally the processing of work visa permit takes 6-8 weeks.
After completing the course from any university in Ireland, there is a graduate employment scheme that extends your visa up to 12 months. Students can apply for a non-renewable extension of up to 2 years.
The time of extension mainly depends on the level of your education. If you are pursuing your bachelor’s degree 6 months extension is provided. and if you are pursuing your master’s that is level 8 or above the extension of the graduate employment scheme is 12 months which is a stamp 2 visa.
After getting the employment you can apply for a green card or general work permit visa.
To be eligible for a work permit in Ireland, you need to have a job offer from registered employers who have been doing trading in Ireland unless it is start-up.
If you wish to apply for immigration permission to work, you need to have a standing job offer.
When you receive permission to work visa you can apply for a long stay employment visa. Long stay visas are known as ‘D’ visas.
If you have critical skills employment permit which is a stamp 4 visa, your family can apply to come with you to stay in Ireland.
You can apply for a resident work visa after completion of your graduation. This will give you 2 years of time for you to search for employment.
Eligibility for your work visa and a few other documents that are required are :
Health insurance (Overseas Student Health cover) OSHC.
Genuine temporary entrant requirement
Proof of most recent employment.
Academic certificates, a certificate from your previous academic institutions.
Evidence of sufficient funds
The advantage of studying in Ireland instead of some of the other countries in Europe is: a lot of companies are making an investment because of its rich ecosystem and its multinational technology.
According to the World Bank, Ireland comes under the top 17 countries for its simplicity in starting a business.
The GDP growth rate in 2018 was 5.1% which was one of the best GDP growth rates in the European Union.
Nonetheless, the opportunities for an MBA graduate in Ireland are just growing with growing businesses and start-ups. In the past few years, the rise in job opportunities has grown rapidly in Ireland. So if you wish to pursue your MBA program in Ireland there are Companies like, Apple, Amazon, Google, and Intel which are expanding their business across European countries offering employment opportunities.
Want to know which college is the best fit for you to do an MBA?
Take Our Free Profile Evaluation Now!