Unsure If Your Profile Will Get YOU Into LBS?
What is the LBS MiM Review?
The LBS MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at London Business School and understand if it would be a correct choice for them. Apart from a brief review of the school, data about the Masters in Management application process, the class profile and placement statistics upon graduation are presented.
LBS is a name few need an introduction to. Its MBA program is very well known and it has a long & rich history behind it. The Masters in Management program at LBS was started just 6 years ago, but has become a force to reckon at an amazing speed. It entered the 2014 FT rankings with the 10th rank worldwide. It now ranks 6th and we are sure it will rise up even further in the 2017 ranking. The LBS MiM program offers a great fast paced curriculum, the school's famous brand and a rich network of alumni. This makes the program one of the most sought after in the entire world.
LBS offers a variety of Masters programs:
- LBS Masters in Management - A 12 month program to kick start your career in the business world, aimed at graduates with 2 years & below of work experience. It is the flagship masters degree offered by LBS.
- Global Masters in Management - A new program started in 2015, which fuses western and eastern business education together. It is a special dual degree program in collaboration with LBS & Fudan school of business in Shanghai. In Global MiM, you attain two internationally recognized degrees: a Masters in Management (MiM) and a Masters in Science (MSc) in International Business. Year one takes place in London. Year two takes place in Shanghai. A very interesting proposition for students interested in Asian markets.
- Masters in Finance - An excellent choice for graduates with a passion in the field of finance. Ranked No.1 by the Financial Times, this program is available in Full time or Part time format. It requires some prior experience in Finance as a pre-requisite.
- Masters in Financial Analysis - Developed in consultation with top-tier finance recruiters, the Masters in Financial Analysis equips fresh graduates to launch and develop a successful career in finance.
Want to be a part of the 2019 success stories?
The LBS Masters in Management value proposition
The LBS Masters in Management program is one of the most popular in the world & attracts some of the highest performers. It allows you the opportunity to broaden your business skills, balance in-depth theory with practical experience & indulge yourself in the corporate, economic and financial worlds. Push, dare and challenge yourself to fulfill your business potential. There is no doubt that one can benefit extensively from what the school has to offer, these include
- Networking opportunities with some of the smartest people in the business world. You get a chance to mingle with the MBA students and also leverage the power of the LBS alumni network
- An amazing reputation for being one of the best business schools in the world, no matter where you go the name LBS is instantly recognizable
- Access to a number of global corporations. Partly due to the schools strong career services & also due to the excellent location of the school.
Skills which the LBS MiM values
LBS has one of the most competitive MiM programs in the world and is on the lookout for high potential candidates who exhibit the following skills:
Be sure to mention in your application essays how you exhibit these skills, and back them up with relevant examples.
LBS MiM Eligibility Criteria
- Recent graduate (who graduated in 2016 or will graduate in 2017)
- An individual having less than one year of full-time corporate work experience, or less than two years of experience in a non-traditional business role
- Graduate in any discipline with a UK 2:1 or above (or are you expected to) this correlates to above average academics in other grading schemes
An individual can take advantage of some unique opportunities to broaden his business experience, on campus, in London and around the world. The scope, coaching and intensity of this programme make it a masterclass in business management.
Gain a rigorous and analytical understanding in the techniques and frameworks of general management. Study core courses in Accounting, Economics, Financial Management, Marketing, Strategy, Leadership and Organisations, and Data Analytics for Management.
There are 8 courses in total
In order to gain broader and deeper understanding of the business world, you get an opportunity to share a classroom with MFA, MiF, MBA and Leadership programme students and gain insights from their knowledge and experience of working with organizations around the world.
You can select from a diverse range of subject areas to tailor your learning objectives. Complete two electives, from a choice of 49 including two courses designed specifically for MiM students: Entrepreneurship and Corporate Finance & Capital Markets.
Global Immersion Field Trips (GIFTs)
An individual can join other Early Career students to broaden his understanding of different business cultures. Network with peers and companies in New York, Hong Kong, Silicon Valley & Shanghai and a range of European destinations. Meet business leaders, visit innovative, successful companies and extend your understanding of how business cultures differ around the world.
Business Immersion Week
You get a chance to visit top global businesses in London, including consultancies, investment banks, brand management firms, retail giants, media empires and more. It help you to gain valuable global business contacts and apply the practical skills you have learnt.
Useful Information on the LBS MiM degree
Duration: 12 months.
Tuition Fees for 2017 intake: £29,900.
A number of different scholarships are offered, check out the full list here.
Most of the applicants are curious to know about the London Business School MiM acceptance rate
LBS has not disclosed any stats on its acceptance rate, but it is safe to be estimated around 10 to 15%.
LBS MIM DEADLINE
Application Deadline for 2019 intake:
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 02 October 2018|
|Round 2 06 November 2018|
|Round 3 08 January 2019|
|Round 4 05 March 2019|
|Round 5 30 April 2019|
Constituents of the application package
- Online application form
- Application Essays: 4 long essays & 3 short questions
- GMAT/GRE Score
- One page CV
- 2 Letter of recommendations: One academic & one professional
- A copy of college transcript
- IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge CPE, CAE or PTE Academic score (for some international students)
- Application fee of 90 pounds
LBS MiM Student Profile
- Class size : 241 ( MiM - 203 and Global MiM - 38)
- Average Age : 23
- 42 nationalities on the programme
- 41% female intake
- 95% international students
- Over 30 countries represented by LBS faculty
- 42,000+ alumni across 155 countries
LBS MiM Placement Statistics
Base Salary of £41,963
The employment rate is strong for MiM graduates with a 96% accepted a Job offer within 3 months of graduation
There were 6 who pursued entrepreneurship in the batch of 2016
Highest Salary awarded £88,751
Overall MiM LBS Placements are pretty good, and hence LBS Masters in Management is an attractive proposition for most people.
Sectors students were placed in:
|Private Equity & Venture Capital||5%|
|Diversified Financial Services||3%|
|Technology & Telecoms||13%|
|Media & Entertainment||2%|
Some notable companies recruiting from the LBS Masters in Management
|A.T.Kearney||Accenture||Arthur D Little||Bain & Company|
|CITIC Securities||Credit Suisse||Deloitte||Deutsche Bank|
|Fosun Group||Goldman Sachs||KPMG||Macquarie|
|McKinsey & Company||Medallia||Milward Brown||Morgan Stanley|
|Nomura||Oliver Wyman||PwC||Roland Berger|
|The Boston Consulting
Next, in the LBS MiM Review, find all the application essay questions listed below.
Check out what our Past LBS clients say about our Services
APPLICATION ESSAY INSIGHTS
The LBS MiM application comprises of 3 long essays and some short answer questions. LBS takes its essays very seriously and uses it as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top notch.
LBS MiM Long Essays
Question 1 (600 words)
What motivates you to further your academic and professional interest in business and why do you want to pursue the Masters in Management or Global MiM programme at London Business School?
Question 2 (400 words)
During your time as a student, how will you contribute to the London Business School community?
Question 3 (Global MiM applicants only)
Global MiM applicants will be required to complete an additional video essay component of the application via Kira Academic. You will receive the details of how to access your video questions via Kira within one week of submitting your application.
You can check out LBS Sample Essays for deeper insights on how to write the specific MiM essays for London Business School.
LBS MiM Short Questions
The LBS Application consists of several short questions which in many ways supplement your essay questions and cover different areas of your profile. Don't make the mistake of under estimating these short questions and make sure they add to the profile you have created in your long essays and don't just reiterate what you have already mentioned.
- Please tell us which country/countries you hope to work in after graduation
- What are your post-Masters in Management /Global MiM career goals? Please state your ideal sector, role and function (300 words max)
- What would be your Plan B career goals? (300 words max)
- Tell us about your main interests and activities in your free time (400 words max)
- Please tell us your most significant international experiences to date: (100 words max)
- Based on your current knowledge of the programme, what do you think will be the key challenges for you during the Masters in Management/ Global MiM, both academically and personally? How do you intend to overcome these challenges? (300 words max)
- We encourage applicants to take into consideration the impact of study on family and friends. Who have you discussed your plans with and what was the response? (300 words max)
- If you know any London Business School Alumni or Students, please give their names, graduating class and tell us how you know them. (300 words max)
As you can see the London Business School's Masters in Management application is pretty extensive, & this is a good thing as they want to ensure only top quality students make it through the application process. So make sure you have really great essays and terrific LOR's as they WILL make or break your case.
Once you are done with your application, the LBS board reviews it and if shortlisted you would be called for an Interview round for the LBS MiM.
We hope the LBS MiM Review was useful to you, all the information has been sourced by the LBS MiM Site, and for more data you should visit there.
Find more information on the degree
Want to improve your chances of an admit at the LBS?
Try out our comprehensive All in One Services and get a serious edge over your competition.