Top MBA Colleges in Germany
Germany’s management degree is becoming increasingly appealing to overseas students. Going to the best colleges in Germany for MBA is a promising professional path. MBA programs in Germany specifically geared to address business and management make it an excellent alternative for studying MBA in Germany without work experience.
Applying for MBA in Germany?
Talk to Our Experts and find out how we can 3x your Admit Chance
Germany boasts one of the world’s strongest economies, which is a significant reason why students opt to study there. Best colleges in Germany for MBA for Indian students are available in four different formats: a two-year full-time course that includes two years of campus studies and internships, a two-year part-time course in which students can study MBA in Germany part-time while also working part-time, and a popular one-year MBA program in Germany among professionals and international students. The best MBA colleges in Germany for Indian students without work experience, GMAT and ones that require GMAT.
Germany is the third most popular destination among international students in the world. More than twelve per cent of students at German universities come from abroad. However, there are just a few nations where MBA programs stand out from the throng. German universities are unquestionably featured on such a list. The best colleges in Germany for MBA without work experience for Indian students will provide you with in-depth knowledge of many key aspects of doing business and managing a corporation. Furthermore, MBA programs in Germany are highly research-oriented study MBA in Germany programs, so you’ll be exposed to a variety of real-life situations that will strengthen your critical thinking and decision-making abilities, and as a consequence, you’ll become an employable graduate.
Studying MBA in Germany
It is easy to understand why attending German colleges for an MBA degree is a wise decision. Germany is an attractive place to study, and German university degrees are highly respected by employers worldwide. Also, students normally don’t have to pay tuition fees at German universities, and if so, the fees are very low. Its master’s program in Germany fee is not as high as in other countries like, say in, the UK or USA. Also, some of its top universities in Germany for MBA, like WHU Beisheim, EBS School of Management, and Mannheim Business Schools, are ranked among the top 100 B-schools in the world as per FT MiM rankings which makes Germany an attractive place to study MBA in Germany.
In addition, there are globally recognised organisations all over the place that are willing to recruit young, motivated, and well-educated individuals who are ready to embark on a tough career in the business sector. If you wonder ‘is MBA free in Germany,’ there are public and private universities. Also you can find MBA in Germany without GMAT. Many universities in the country has GMAT waivers.
Once you obtain your degree, you will have a plethora of alternatives in front of you. Germany is known for its cheap and affordable education. There is no tuition fee at public universities in Germany at all. Plus, the private institutes too, cost a low fee structure and other costs than your academics are also cheap.
Top MBA Colleges in Germany
Best colleges in Germany for MBA without work experience for Indian students are among the most popular choices. You can easily find best MBA colleges in Germany for Indian students. The country has been among the favourites of international students. Many records and ranking organizations have put Germany as the #3rd most preferred destination for studies abroad. Filled with millions of students, the country hosts some of the finest business schools. If you are planning to pursue an MBA at a location that has an international platform and global opportunities, Germany is the answer. The b schools in Germany offers all kind of MBA programs, such as full-time MBAs, part-time MBAs, one-year MBAs, Executive MBAs etc. However, the centre of focus is the full-time MBA programs in the country. Many b schools in Germany rank under the top 100 business schools worldwide. Here are some best Colleges in Germany for MBA for Indian students and their information:
Mannheim Business School
• Mannheim MBA from University ofMannheim is a 12 months full-time program and it enables you to impressively experience the positive force of diversity.
• The fee for MBA in Mannheim is €39,900.
• You can get an average Salary of €94,990 after completing the degree.
• An internationally recognized academic degree in any discipline (at least a Bachelor’s). B+ average in their undergraduate degree.
• A GMAT with an average of 650 points or equivalent GRE result.
• Fluency in English (TOEFL with a minimum score of 95, IELTS with a minimum score of 7.0, or equivalent).
TUM School of Management
• The TUM full-time MBA from Technical University of Munich program is designed uniting management knowledge with industry expertise.
• The fee for MBA from TUM is €39,000.
• You can get an average Salary of €72,000 after completing the degree.
• An undergraduate, or first university, degree (bachelor).
• At least 3 years of professional experience, initial leadership experience is an advantage.
• Proficiency in English (skills will be assessed during the admission process).
WHU- Otto Beishiem School of Management
• With the Otto Beishiem 12-months Full-Time MBA program from WHU, you can immerse yourself in an intensive learning experience and quickly reap the benefits of your new knowledge and skills.
• The fee for MBA in WHU is €40,500.
• You can get an average Salary of €77,897 after completing the degree.
• An undergraduate degree (Bachelor or equivalent).
• A minimum of two years postgraduate work experience.
• TOEFL (min. 100 IBT) or equivalent IELTS (7.0) if English is not your native language.
HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
• With the 15 – 21months full-time course from HHL Leipzig, you can open new doors for your personal and professional development.
• The fee for MBA in HHL is €39,500.
• You can get an average Salary of €64,322 after completing the degree.
• A completed Bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university.
• At least 3 years of postgraduate work experience.
• Proof of very good English skills is required, e.g. TOEFL of 90+/IELTS of 7.0+.
|Average Age||:||30 years|
|Average Work Ex||:||5-7 Years|
• With this 15 months full-time course from ESMT, you get to focuse on General management plus specializations in Strategic leadership, Managerial analytics, or Innovation and entrepreneurship.
• The fee for MBA in ESMT is €48,500.
• You can get an average Salary of €87,475 after completing the degree.
• An undergraduate, or first university, degree (bachelor).
• At least three years of consecutive postgraduate, professional experience.
• TOEFL scores (95 minimum), PTE score (64 minimum), IELTS score (7 minimum), or other English proficiency tests are accepted).
RWTH Business School
• This 18-month full-time program from the RWTH Aachen University is designed for technology enthusiasts.
• The fee for MBA from FSFM is €30,000.
• You can get an average Salary of $161,000 after completing the degree.
• A 4-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• GRE/GMAT test scores as standardized test scores.
• TOEFL/IELTS test scores for English Language Proficiency.
|Average Age||:||29 years|
|Average Work Ex||:||12-24 Months|
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
• This 12 month full-time program from the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is designed for aspiring professionals who are looking to deal with real challenges in international business.
• The fee for MBA from FSFM is €39,000.
• You can get an average Salary of €65,965 after completing the degree.
• An undergraduate, or first university, degree (bachelor).
• TOEFL / IELTS score report, or proof of equivalent English fluency is required.
EBS Business School
Wiesbaden , Germany
• With the 16 months Full-Time EBS MBA Program at EBS Universität, you will grow both professionally and personally.
• The fee for MBA in EBS is €23,500.
• You can get an average Salary of €84,000 after completing the degree.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 180 ECTS or an equally acknowledged degree.
• Proof of at least three years of practical experience.
• TOEFL or equivalent IELTS if English is not your native language.
The Master of Business Administration is a degree intended to present students with a broad set of skills and understanding pertinent to business and management. Since administrative and business-forming manoeuvrings are vital for every company, MBA graduates possess high job opportunities and innumerable career possibilities. Universities around the world handpick the best minds and expertly mould them into potential leaders. Nevertheless, there are MBA universities in some countries that stick out from the multitude. These colleges for MBA in Germany without work experience for Indian students are the best universities with no ambiguity covered in this list.
Benefits of Studying in the Top MBA Colleges in Germany
An MBA degree from the best colleges in Germany for MBA for Indian students will furnish you with a thorough understanding of several elements and the importance of executing ideas and operating a business. Furthermore, top universities in Germany for MBA colleges in Germany are profoundly research-directed in learning programs. Therefore, you will get introduced to several real-life encounters where your analytical thinking and decision-making process might develop. As an outcome, you will be employed by top universities in Germany for MBA and overseas companies to solve global management issues.
Not to mention German universities also offer MBAs in Germany without work experience as well as MBA in Germany without GMAT. There are also public universities in Germany for MBA. It is not difficult to understand why selecting German universities for obtaining an MBA degree is an exceptional pick. Also, completing a Master’s degree in Germany is less costly than at other European universities. Also, there are public universities in the country that charge next to nothing feee to answer your question – is MBA free in Germany?
No. of MBA intakes
These best MBA Colleges in Germany for Indian students usually have two intakes in a year.
- Winter Intake starting from September/October
- Summer Intake, which begins in March/April
Cost of the Top MBA Colleges in Germany
Keeping all the other expenses aside for the moment, let’s discuss the total cost that you will incur to study MBA in Germany the best colleges for MBA in Germany for Indian students without work experience and public universities. The cost of studying includes application fees, tuition fees, exam costs, memberships etc. Moreover, this list only includes the study cost, and living costs and expenses are discussed later. Here is a list to help you with the total cost of studying from the best colleges in Germany for MBA.
- Program Application Fees: 145 EUR
- German Student Visa Application Fees: 75-84 EUR
- Health Insurance: 90 – 180 EUR
- IELTS: 185 – 190 EUR
- TOEFL: 160 – 250 EUR
- GMAT: 250 EUR
- GRE: 205 – 230 EUR
Since there are no tuition fees in German universities that are public, it is not included here. That is zero cost.
Scholarships for the Top MBA Colleges in Germany
While the public universities in Germany do not charge any tuition fees, private universities like the top for studying MBA in Germany without work experience (along with public universities in Germany for MBA) can easily cost you a good sum during your stay. Plus, other living expenses are always adding up to your costs. To your relief, some scholarships can help reduce the financial burden. MBA colleges in Germany for Indian Students have several scholarships to apply for, both privately supported and government-funded. Is MBA free in Germany Scholarships are available for both public and private universities in Germany. Scholarships are easily available for the best MBA colleges in Germany for Indian students.
Below you can see some of the popular scholarships in German universities for international students.
- Frankfurt – FS MBA Scholarship: Partial tuition fees
- DLD Executive MBA Scholarship: Selected students will get to study MBA in Germany with a scholarship of up to 23,000 EUR
- WHU – Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management: Up to 10,000 EUR scholarship for international students pursuing MBA
- EBS – Deutschlandstipendium: 336 EUR per month
To answer the question ‘is MBA free in Germany?’ and weather there are scholarship for other use, there are. Scholarships for MBA in Germany is a common thing. There are those that apply to tuition as well as on things like accommodation, transport and rent. MBA in Germany without GMAT is also one of the option.
There are also government-funded scholarships available such as:
- DAAD Scholarships: It is a government-funded scholarship available to international students in colleges for studying MBA in Germany without work experience from Indian students. Beneficiaries can get 750 EUR per month for living expenses and 1,075 EUR for travel allowance and health insurance.
- HHL Young Leader Scholarships in Germany: This scholarship provides partial funding to eligible candidates from all nationalities with at least 25% of the tuition fees.
- Erasmus+ Scholarships: These are the largest scholarship providers that fund international students across European nations for different degrees.
- ESMT Women’s Academic Scholarship: Scholarship up to 15,000 EUR offered by the European School of Management and Technology for female students worldwide. It is necessary to have a GMAT score of 700 or higher.
Best MBA colleges in Germany for Indian Students
|University||Course Fee as of 2021||Duration|
|Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, Frankfurt||39,000 EUR||12 months|
|HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Leipzig||38,000 EUR||15 to 21 months|
|Mannheim Business School||39,500 EUR||12 months|
|WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallender||40,500 EUR||12 months|
|European School of Management and Technology ( ESMT), Berlin||43,500 EUR||12 months|
|GISMA Business School, Hannover||23,000 EUR||12 or 24 months|
Living Cost in Germany
As opposed to other European countries, Germany is not that costly for international students. The prices of food, housing, clothing and other activities are slightly higher than the EU standard. On average, students in Germany spend about 850 EUR per month on the cost of living. Also, if you are studying MBA in Germany without work experience, it would be almost the same. The cost will differ depending on the city where you will be residing. The cost mentioned above is a culmination of factors such as rent, food, clothing, health, transportation etc.
The most significant monthly expense will be your rent. Nevertheless, rents in German cities differ broadly. Students pay between 290 and 560 EUR per month for housing contingent on their top MBA colleges in Germany for Indian Students. In a few large cities such as Cologne, Munich, Hamburg and Frankfurt and Main, rents are costlier than the standard. Most students live in a student hall of residence or a shared flat. Owning a flat is quite expensive.
Overall Expenses (average)
- Rent and utilities: 320 EUR
- Food: 170 EUR
- Travel Costs (public transport and cars): 94 EUR
- Health insurance and medical costs: 80 EUR
- Phone, Internet, TV: 31 EUR
- Leisure and sports and entertainment: 61 EUR
- Clothing: 42 EUR
Note: Living costs may vary according to lifestyle choices and the place you wish to live. These are the approximate amounts.
German Salary After MBA in Germany
“Starting at 60,000 EUR, MBA salaries have grown quite a lot,” describes Melanie Janke, head of corporate relations and the career service at HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management in Germany. According to the QS Top MBA Jobs and Salary Trends, the average for studying MBA in Germany without work experience salary is $78,158. The country packs best MBA colleges in Germany for Indian students, hence better earning opportunities.
Similarly, some of the top sectors with the highest average base pay are:
- Executive MBA: $131,000 per year
- Masters in Finance: $130,000 per year
- Masters in Management: $124,000 per year
The Average Base Pay for an MBA graduate in Germany is around $99,000 to $125,000 per year.
MBA in Germany Without GMAT
With standard MBA programs available in the country, there are also universities that offer MBA in Germany without GMAT. Due to the COVID-19 situation, not all students can attempt the GMAT test. It resulted in many universities waiving off and letting students apply for MBA programs. If you wonder is MBA free in Germany and are they also have GMAT waivers, it is very possible. Not to mention some of top universities in Germany for MBA colleges in Germany for Indian Studenst already have no GMAT requirement, and students can avail of these programs easily. Some of the public universities in Germany for MBA also offer their programs without GMAT.
Here are some German universities that offer MBA in Germany without GMAT –
- Technical University of Munich
- University of Kiel
- Reutlingen University
- Offenburg University of Applied Sciences
- University of Tubingen
- University of Stuttgart
Visa Process For Students in Germany
You can apply for a German student visa at the German embassy, consulate or other mediating application offices in your country. The acceptance of your application is based on the details and the documents you present. However, these documents should be sent as originals, followed by two copies of each. The process is same for private & public universities in Germany for MBA.
Three types of German student visas to apply
1. German Student Visa (Visum Zu Studienzwecken)
It is the general student visa for international students who have been accepted into top universities in Germany for MBA colleges in Germany and received the confirmation letter to begin their studies.
G2. erman Student Applicant Visa (Visum Zur Studienbewerbung)
This visa is applicable to those who wish to stay in Germany to look for or apply for university admission. However, this visa doesn’t permit you to study in Germany. It is valid only for the application process to any university.
3. German Language Course Visa (Visa for Language Learning)
This visa is only required if you want to pursue a course that is only available in the German language. In conclusion, you need not apply for this visa if the MBA program is taught in English.
Documents required to apply for a German visa
- National visa application forms
- Valid national passport
- Two biometric photographs
- Proof of admission into a study programme
- University admission acceptance letter
- Letter of admission in the foundation and propaedeutic course
- CV/Resume followed by evidence of current or previous internship or work experiences.
- Previous Schengen visa (if applicable)
- Your certificate of birth
- Previous German resident permit (if applicable)
- Scholarship awarding certificate (if applicable)
- Covered health insurance valid up to three months at least
- Proof of English language proficiency such as TOEFL/IELTS
- Blocked account as proof of financial resources
Application process for a German student visa
First, you need to apply for a visa at the German embassy or a consulate in your country. Review the study abroad essentials, requirements, procedures and documents involving the application before applying to the top colleges MBA in Germany without work experience. Further, you have to set up a visa appointment interview. You must pay the visa application fee of around 60-75 Euros and carry the payment confirmation receipt with you during the visa interview.
Work Visa After Doing MBA From Germany
While EU nationals don’t need any special approval, students with International passports need to appeal for a Residence Permit after completing their degree from top colleges for studying MBA in Germany without work experience. Students can get a Residence Permit of up to 18 months to seek a job after completing their post Masters. The permit doesn’t come connected with the student visa for Germany. Meanwhile, you should apply with the foreign national’s registration office in the area after the consummation of your graduation for this document. Is MBA free in Germany and what is the visa process for those universities that offer free MBA? Well, it remains same.
Some of the required documents
- Passport or a personal ID
- University Degree or “Nachweis” from German Institute
- Health Insurance
- Proof of financial resources.
So, if you are thinking of studying in Germany, you would have adequate possibilities to look for a job opportunity and obtain a fitting profession. Furthermore, if you have a proposition of work that is relevant to your criterion before you finish your graduation, you can immediately apply for a Residence Permit or an EU Blue Card.
Eligibility Criteria to Study MBA in Germany
Top MBA universities in Germany are classified into two types: public and private. Every university has varying eligibility criteria for studying in the top MBA colleges in Germany and also public universities in Germany for MBA. It is permissible studying MBA in Germany without any work experience, unlike in several countries where previous work experience is a requirement for admission to an MBA degree. Is MBA free in Germany and what will be the eligibility criteria? It basically remains same for best MBA colleges in Germany for Indian students.
- A bachelor’s degree with a 60% aggregate academic score is equivalent to a German Bachelor’s degree in allied subjects.
- Proficiency in English. Applicants from a non-English speaking country have to prove their English proficiency. German Universities accept proficiency test scores of IELTS and TOEFL.
- A valid score on GRE/GMAT is acceptable. Various universities accept the score of multiple exams. Since several German universities solely need an adequate TOEFL score, it is plausible to apply for studying MBA in Germany without GMAT.
- A fundamental understanding of the German Language is essential. However, several universities offer an MBA programme in English, but one should have a particular awareness of the German language to be accepted.
Entrance Exams Required to Get Admission in German MBA
Each of the tests has its significance and objective. Acceptance of entrance tests differs for each university and the programme that you prefer. Similarly, universities might have various language needs for which they may elect a distinct language test. Public universities in Germany for MBA and private ones have same procedures.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
TOEFL is an English certificate globally acquired and can be carried out as a paper-based test or an internet-based test. It contains four parts: reading, listening, speaking and writing with a maximum of 120 points.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
IELTS is accepted universally in all English-speaking countries, along with several English-taught programs throughout the world. Furthermore, IELTS test scores are also used as language proof for obtaining working permits in addition to immigration.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Business and Management schools worldwide accept the Graduate Record Examination. This entrance text examines you in the areas of verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and analytical writing. Hence, many universities in Germany accept the GRE scores as a requirement for admission.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
Graduate Management Admission Test is a chosen and entrusted portion of the admissions process for over 6000 business and management programs worldwide. Further, the test comprises analytical writing evaluation, integrated reasoning, quantitative reasoning and verbal reasoning.
Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF)
It is a proficiency test for the German language. It is commonly taken by students for whom German is a foreign language, and aspire to pursue a degree taught in German. The test is an internationally recognised German language proficiency test.
Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH)
Similarly, the DSH is a regulated test structure for German language ability. However, unlike TestDaf, DSH can only be taken in Germany. It comprises listening, reading comprehension, writing, using science and study MBA in Germany-relevant language, and the final part is an oral test.
MBA in Germany Without GMAT
GMAT and GRE are the popular entrance tests that are required by various universities for admission. However, if you were unable to score well in these exams but still looking forward to studying in MBA colleges in Germany, there is still hope for you. Some universities in Germany accept students for an MBA program without GMAT/GRE score. For instance, many universities intake students on the basis of their professional work experiences. Is MBA free in Germany, Is there are MBA with no work experience or GMAT available in Germany? The answer for all these questions is YES.
Here are a few institutes with their admission criteria.
1. Technical University of Munich
Any candidate having proof of 4-5 years of work experience can apply for the Executive MBA program offered at this university. Also, one can apply in TUM throughout the year as admissions are offered on a rolling basis.
2. Berlin School of Economics & Law
In this university, a GMAT score is not required. However, it is mandatory for the applicant to have 3 years of work experience to apply for the Full-Time MBA program.
3. Cologne Business School
International students are not required to submit GMAT/GRE scores to study MBA in Germany here.
In comparison to the rest of the world, Germany has been improving steadily. Besides, the term German engineering requires no additional debut. Germany also contributes to the business world with its marvellous administration degrees, whether they are from private universities or public universities in Germany for MBA. If you want to pursue best MBA colleges in Germany for Indian students, now is the right time. There are MBA in Germany without GMAT, with low fee and high recognitions as well as popular, high-ends etc.
Germany’s management degree has obtained more increased traction in recent years. Pursuing an MBA from these universities studying MBA in Germany without work experience is a stepping stone to a brilliant career in any organization. Specially designed MBA programs in Germany are pushing the limits of conventional management degrees by contributing to a variety of business and management fields. Germany is moreover among the most chosen place for studying overseas. The fact that students can pick from such a comprehensive collection of MBA courses from these top MBA colleges in Germany on the global education map.
THE ULTIMATE MASTERCLASS
"STUDY ABROAD 101"
7 Must-Know Strategies to get into your Dream Schools
Limited Slots Left
Is MBA in Germany free?
Most of the Business Schools in Germany are Ivey League public Schools offering MBA without tution fee expenses as the universities accept the best students for their MBA in Germany and handle their tution fees on their own expense. The students must only get scholarship or manage on their own for the living expenses.
Is MBA in Germany worth it?
MBA in Germany are worth it since the curriculum and overall MBA degree is great to study. However there are only three colleges renowned in the Financial Times rankings and such rankings have more value in the international market. So it would be better to consider the ideal MBA in Germany.
Is MBA possible in Germany without a GMAT score?
There are various prerequisites for getting admitted in the German Universities for MBA in Germany, and GMAT is one of them. Many universities ask for GMAT scores, but if the caniddtaes have enough work experience and expertise to show they can easily skip GMAT and go forward with their applications.
Which MBA is best in Germany?
There are various Ivey league colleges providing the students MBA in germany. Schools like Manheim Business School, Frankfurt School of Finance, WHU etc. schools are very renowned and highly ranked for pursuing MBA degree in Canada.
Is germany safe for Indian students?
Germany is safe for Indian students and the students can live in a safe environment without worrying about their studies. The stay-back rate in Germany of Indian students is also very high which determines the safety provided in the country, thus pursuing MBA in Germany is an ideal option for the candidates.
You Might Also Like
Management schools emphasize the previous work experience of students as the aim is to create an environment of learning with various different ideas and inputs at the same time.
Best MBA Colleges in USA
University selection that matches your expectations can be a very long and painstaking process. Initially, you might feel overwhelmed and confused …