MSc In Marketing
What is MSc in Marketing and Who does it apply to?
Whether you want to venture into the marketing domain from a different sector or want to further your marketing career, an MSc in marketing is the one-stop solution for you.
The degree provides the students with advanced knowledge, the specific skill sets which are required to keep them up-to-date with the ever changing dynamics of a marketing career.
The programme fosters among the graduates, a sense of systemic vision, helping them to capture the essence of consumers. Also giving them the ability to adjust/adapt to the change in Market.
What skills will you learn during the MSc in Marketing?
- In-depth and holistic understanding of the Basic Marketing Theories, principles, models along with the recent-most market practices.
- To solve the marketing issues by calculated decision making based on research, analysis and extensive knowledge of Customer Behaviour.
- Focusing on Advanced Marketing Strategies and learning in real-time how to apply those in a scenario, assisted with a thorough understanding of the statistical models and marketing software.
Most B-schools use a combination of interactive lectures and seminars along with loads of team-projects to provide a rather non-monotonic and non-theoretic approach to the curriculum. “Case Studies”, “Real-life Company Issues” as well as “Simulation Strategy” exercises all form a part of this rather exciting coursework!!
Why do I need an MSc in Marketing
Unlike General management programmes such as MIM/MBA, an MSc in Marketing is a rather specialised course aimed only at people, who have either made up their mind of venturing into the marketing sector or for professionals in the sector who want to broaden their perspective. As such, the curriculum mainly comprises of core marketing modules such as:
- Corporate Strategy
- Business in Society
- Digital Business
- Data Analytics
- Organisational Management
- Financial Accounting
- Marketing Innovation
- Sales Management
Furthermore, in order to help the students in specialising in a particular niche, students also have the option of choosing a cluster specialisation in many cases(nomenclature may be different) wherein they get to choose from a pool of marketing sub domains as discussed in the following section of electives and specialisations.
MSc in Marketing Graduates will learn to optimise internal company resources and combine this with a deep understanding of the complexities of its international markets.
Beyond the essential marketing fundamentals (toolbox, analysis, and process) the program lays strong emphasis on the managerial and digital aspects of modern day marketing as well, by focusing on Data Driven Calculations.
Highlights of the MSc in Marketing
- Most programmes allow students to take up an Internship or submit a Dissertation on a Market Research Issue wherein they can see for themselves as to what suits them the best and accordingly decide. It is specifically good for the Non-Business Track students who have probably never come across all of these.
- International Specialisations such as Chartered Institute Of Marketing (CIM), work towards giving professional qualification. This compensates for the student’s lack of experience in the field as well.
- Interactive coursework with case reviews.
- Team Building activities such as Group Projects, Assignments, etc.
- Marketing Simulation Games to provide insight into cutting edge and innovative marketing techniques and a chance to implement them.
- Corporate Partners, Esteemed Alumnus, Professionals, impart into students up-to-date knowledge of the dynamic market.
- Mostly practical based learning with a good mix of theory and fundamentals.
Electives and Specialisations
Most MSc Marketing curriculum provides electives pertaining to different domains or completely separate tracks for a full specialised course:
- E-Commerce / Digital Marketing/Social Media Marketing
- Brand Management (Luxury, Fashion, FMCG)
- Sports/Media Management
- Strategic Marketing Thinking
- Sales and Retail Marketing
- Market Research/Consulting
- Global Business Strategy
- Innovation Management
Duration and Admission Requirements
Most MSc Marketing Programmes are Fast-Track Intensive specialised masters, having a duration range of 10-12 Months, most of them being offered on a full-time basis.
The Admission requirements for these masters, is more or less, generic for all schools, with slight variation from one school to another. For most of the MSc Programmes you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Management Aptitude Test- GRE/GMAT (Please note, this requirement, however, is also waived by certain schools and thereby is optional for many of the programmes)
- Well rounded, internationally Recognised Undergraduate Degree in a relevant field & transcripts (Again, several MSc Marketing programmes do not require students to have a relevant bachelor degree)
- A professional RESUME/CV
- English Language Proficiency Test- IELTS/TOEFL/TOEIC. (Several Schools provide waivers to its students, provided they have English as their mother tongue, is a native speaker or has done their bachelor degree from an English-medium university)
- Letter of Recommendation (minimum 2)
- Non-Refundable application fee(Varies from school to school)
- Motivational Letter or Essays
- Proof of Work Experience. (Not all programmes have mandatory criteria regarding work-ex. So while some like ESADE accepts fresh graduates into their programme, CRANFIELD needs an average of 5 years of work-ex).
Although It is not mandatory for all MSc Marketing Programmes, but a well-balanced GRE/GMAT can increase your chances of acceptance manifold.
For the top, most programmes at ESADE, HEC, ESSEC, ESCP, RSM a GMAT Score of 660+ / GRE Score of 317+ should be sufficient. The Aptitude Tests are however just a small part of your application and can often be compensated by other facets of your profile such as good undergraduate institute/ Good GPAand vice versa.
MSc in Marketing Class Profile
|Age Range||21 – 26|
|Average Work Experience||1-2 years (Although freshers are expected)|
|Backgrounds||Business Administration(55%), Economics(15%), Engineering(10%), Humanities(15%), Others(10%)|
|Average Salary||38K Euros (Base Salary)|
Major Recruiters of MSc in Marketing Graduates
|Johnson & Johnson||KPMG||L’oreal|
Roles of MSc in Marketing Graduates
|Brand Marketing/Manager||Business Development Executive||Client Servicing/Media Associate|
|Digital Marketing Specialist||Innovation Manager||Market Analyst|
|Marketing Consultant||Project Manager||Sales Manager|
MSc in Marketing Ranking (EDUNIVERSAL top 40 MSc in Marketing)
|Rank||School Name||Programme Name||Country||Course Duration||Course Fees (in Euros)|
|1||ESADE Business School||MSc in Marketing Management||Spain||10 months||26500|
|2||Copenhagen Business School||MS in Economics and Business Administration-International Marketing Management||Denmark||12 months||1550|
|3||Rotterdam School of Management||MSc Marketing Management||Netherlands||12 months||17300|
|4||ESSEC Business School||MS Marketing Management||France||12 months||22000|
|5||ESCP Europe||MS Marketing and Communication||France, UK, Germany, Spain, Poland, Italy||12 months||17500|
|6||HEC Paris||MSc Marketing||France||8-10 months||22900|
|7||Warwick Business School- University of Warwick||MSc Marketing & Strategy||UK||12 months||32430|
|8||BI Norwegian Business School||MSc in Strategic Marketing Management||Norway||24 months||19840|
|9||Manchester Business School||MSc in Marketing||UK||12 months||24400|
|10||Neoma Business School||MS in Decision Marketing||France||12 months||15300|
|11||Maastricht School of Business and Economics||MSc International Business-Strategic Marketing||Netherlands||12 months||13000|
|12||Universite Paris Dauphine||Master in Marketing & Strategy||France||24 months||261|
|13||Cranfield School of Management||Msc in Strategic Marketing||UK||12 months||14875|
|14||EMLyon Business School||MS International Strategy and Marketing||France||12 months||18500|
|15||UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School||MSc in Marketing||Ireland||12/24 months (both avail.)||18300|
|16||Catolica Lisbon School of Business and Economics||Master in Management with specialisation in Strategic Marketing||Portugal||24 months||11000|
|17||Universidad Carlos III- Departmento de Economia de la Empressa||MSc in Marketing||Spain||12 months||13500|
|18||Aalto University||Master in Marketing||Finland||24 months||30000|
|19||AUEB Department of Marketing & Comunication||MSc in International Marketing||Greece||18 months||7800|
|20||EADA Business School||International Master in Marketing||Spain||10 months||19800|
|21||University of Edinburgh Business School||MSc in Marketing||UK||12 months||23800|
|22||Vlerick Business School||Masters in Marketing Management||Belgium||12 months||14900|
|23||Audencia Business School||MS Marketing, Design and Creation||France||12 months||14850|
|24||University of Strathclyde Business School||Masters in Marketing||UK||12 months||23000|
|25||IAE-AIX Marseille University||MSc Marketing and Brand Management||France||12/24 months||8400|
|26||Dublin City University Business School||MSc in Digital Marketing||Ireland||12 months||14000|
|27||SKEMA Business School||MSc International Marketing and Business Development||France, USA, Brazil||12/24 months||16000-28,900|
|28||Stockholm University||Master in Consumer and Business Marketing||Sweden||24 months||9500|
|29||Porto Business School||Post-Graduate in Marketing Management||Portugal||10 months||6600|
|30||University of Limerick||MSc in Marketing, Consumption & Society||Ireland||12 months||12000|
|31||University of Glasgow-Adam Smith Business School||MSc in International Strategic Marketing||UK||12 months||23200|
|32||Lancaster University Management School||MSc in Advanced Marketing Management||UK||12 months||25000|
|33||University of Groningen-Faculty of Business & Economics||Master in Marketing||Netherlands||12 months||13600|
|34||City University London-Cass Business School||MSc in Marketing Strategy and Innovation||UK||12 months||27370|
|35||University of Gothenburg||Master of Science in Marketing and Consumption||Sweden||24 months||27390|
|36||Toulouse Business School||MSc Marketing, Management & Communication, option Social Web Management||France||12-18 months||13950|
|37||University of Leeds||MSc International Marketing Management||UK||12 months||22450|
|38||ISCTE Business School||MSc in Marketing||Portugal||18 months||10500|
|39||Aston Business School||MSc Marketing||UK||12 months||20300|
|40||NEOMA Business School||MSc Marketing French Excellence||France||15-24 months||15300|
Want to know which college is the best fit for you to do a MSc in Marketing Programme?
Take Our Free Profile Evaluation Now!