Start Your Masters Journey With This Free Profile Evaluation
What is the Mannheim MiM Review?
The Mannheim MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a brief overview of the MMM program offered by the prestigious University of Mannheim. For business undergraduates this 24 month long super intensive program is going to provide an in depth overview of the management concepts. The Mannheim MMM program is going to offer you a platform to kick start your career in the business sector. This review will provide brief information about the institute, the curriculum followed and eligibility requirements.
When it comes to German Business Schools, the first name that comes up is University of Mannheim’s Business School. The Mannheim Business School is considered the best German and one of the leading European business schools by several national and international rankings. The University of Mannheim has no clearly defined foundation date. While the University as it is known today was officially founded in 1967, its roots can be dated back to the 18th century established Theodoro Palatinae (Palatine Academy of the Sciences Mannheim) and the Handelshochschule (Commercial College Mannheim) that dates back to the beginning of the 20th century. Mannheim's history is closely tied to the history of its main campus – the Mannheim Baroque Palace. It is one of 59 business schools in the world being triple accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- A 24 month full time MSc in Management program with the option of English as well mixed track with German.
- Only administrative costs, no tuition fee required.
- A large scholarship offer from the University of Mannheim.
- Partnership with more than 200 International Universities and an option of earning double degree from 7 partner universities.
- Undergraduate degree in business required.
- No application essay is required during the admission process.
- Applying for the Business Research Program of the Center for Doctoral Studies in Business (CDSB) allows you to take Ph.D. classes as part of your MMM studies.
Next in the Mannheim MiM Review, we are going to look at the eligibility criteria and application process of Mannheim’s Master of Management program.
Want to know your chances at Mannheim?
Get your Profile Evaluated now!
The Mannheim Master in Management is a selective program with a restricted number of seats. The MMM only has ONE intake each year, in the fall semester. To apply for a place in the program you are required to fill out the application form available via the online application portal of the University of Mannheim.
Once the online application form is filled out, you will receive a check list of all the required documents that must be submitted in HARD COPY. Below is a list of the required documents (please refer to your personal check list for a comprehensive list)
- Signed print out of the application form.
- CV (in table form).
- Copy of your university entrance certificate (Allgemeine Hochschulzugangsberechtigung, high school diploma, secondary school leaving certificate); if not in English or German a notarized translation is also necessary.
- Bachelor degree transcripts stamped and signed by your university; international applicants must also provide proof of the grading system if it differs from the German one.
If available, copy of your bachelor degree certificate including grades notarized (if not in English or German a notarized translation is also necessary).
- If applicable: Proof of semester spent abroad (transcript of foreign university or Bachelor certificate).
- Simple copies for extracurricular activities, internships, work experience, volunteer involvement etc.
The application period begins on the 15th of March and ends on the 31st of May. The complete set of documents must be received by the University Admission Office (address below) as the deadline mentioned.
Please note: The extended deadline for GMAT and the German language certificate is dropped. All application documents must be received by May 31, 2018.
In the following section you can find a summary of the most important information concerning admission and application. Please note: The current terms of references for the Mannheim Master in Management are binding.
- An application in due form and time (31st of May at the latest, online application, application form and all other documents).
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration or an equivalent in a business-related study. The program must be comprised of at least 180 ECTS or a standard duration of at least six semesters or three years. Furthermore, the business studies share must make up 36 ECTS.Please note: Seminars and lectures from related areas such as economics, business law, mathematics of finance, business informatics, or statistics CANNOT be considered.
If the Bachelor's degree has not been completed due to pending assignments by the 31st of May and it is expected that the degree will be completed by the time the semester starts, admission can still be requested. However, you have to provide proof that at least 140 ECTS points have been completed by the deadline. In this case, conditional admission is granted with the condition that the Bachelor's degree must be obtained by the time of exam registration - mid October - at the latest. Should you not comply with this rule, the conditional admission will expire and you will be automatically ex-matriculated.
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) certificate with a minimum score of 600 points. The "Official Score Report/ School Copy” has to be submitted from the testcenter. When you take GMAT please select "Mannheim Master in Management" and the "University of Mannheim" in the drop down field. Additionally GMAT provides -among others- the proof of your English language skills, an other English proficiency test is not necessary. The University of Mannheim only accepts the GMAT score for application to the MMM (GRE and other common aptitude tests are not accepted).
Tips how to prepare for the test you can find here.
- In case of an application for the German-English track: Proof of German proficiency. Without proof of German proficiency, an application for the mixed track is not possible. Furthermore, the original document or a notarized copy of the German proficiency test has to be submitted. General information about the proof of German language skills can be found here.
Please note: The German-English track does allow you to complete the entire Master's program in English.
In case of an application for the 100% English Track a proof of German proficiency is NOT necessary.
Before applying for the Mannheim Master in Management you have to select the study track (German/English or 100% English). It's not possible to apply for both tracks, and you CANNOT switch once you have been admitted to the program.
The available places in the Mannheim Master in Management are divided into two tracks. The available places are distributed as follows: Up to one fifth for the English track, all remaining places for the German/English track.
Based on the ranking list you can reach up to 150 based on the following selection criteria:
- Up to 60 points can be awarded for the final Bachelor's grade. If the Bachelor's program has not been completed by the application deadline, the average grade of all courses completed by the application deadline will be used for the selection process. This average grade has to be calculated by the your home institution at which the Bachelor's program will be completed.
- Up to 60 points can be awarded for the result of the GMAT. However, the required minimum of 600 points has to be reached. Application with a result of less than 600 points cant‘ be considered.
- Up to 30 points can be awarded for commercial practice or comparable relevant professional occupation (vocational training, professional experience and internships), a study abroad semester as well as other exceptional achievements or qualifications emphasizing an aptitude for the Mannheim Master in Management. In the evaluation, points are weighted for allocation.
- For commercial practice or a comparable relevant professional occupation (vocational training, professional experience, mandatory internships and internships), a maximum of 6 points can be awarded. A completed vocational training scores 4 points. For professional experience and internships (full time, at least 4 weeks à 39.5 hours), individual activities are awarded 2 points each.
- 22 points are awarded for a study abroad semester.
- A maximum of 2 points can be awarded for volunteer work or exceptional qualifications (e.g., workshops, positions in student initiatives). The Selection Committee examines each case carefully and decides whether the 2 points can be awarded or not.
Next in the Mannheim MiM Review we are going to look at some relevant details about the MMM program.
Start of Program- Annually in fall, start of lecture period: beginning of September
Application Period- March 15 - May 31
Language of Instruction- Mixed German and English track (100% English possible as well) or 100% English track (no German skills required)
Accreditations- AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS
Program Length - 24 months
Education Costs- Concerning education costs, The University of Mannheim does not charge tuition fees. Students just have to pay a small administration and semester fee of less than EUR 150 per semester.
Compared to other German cities, Mannheim is not an expensive place to live. Altogether, you should plan on spending about EUR 600-700 per month (accommodation EUR 250-300; health insurance around EUR 80 and the rest for food, books and clothing)
Semester Fee- € 135.65 (€ 69.80 Contribution to the Student work, € 60 Administration Fee and € 5.85 AStA Fee).
Double degree options-
- Copenhagen Business School (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- ESSEC Business School (Paris, France)
- National Chengchi University (Taipei, Taiwan)
- NHH (Bergen, Norway) • Queen's University (Kingston, Canada)
- Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi (Milan, Italy)
- University of South Carolina
Applicants having passed their bachelor's degree in certain countries need to have completed at least four years of studies (4 years bachelor's or 3 years bachelor's + 1 year master's to be able to apply for master's program. In general this applies, to the following countries: Bangladesh, Ghana, India, Nepal, Pakistan and USA.
Information above is based on the rules set by the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) in Bonn/ Germany.
For more information on foreign degrees and qualifications please visit the website of the Central Office for Foreign Education under: http://anabin.kmk.org/anabin-datenbank.html (in German only).
Accommodation - There are two accommodation options for international students. You can either apply for a room in one of the student residences off-campus or look for an apartment or a room on the private housing market. The student residences are fully-furnished rooms and students usually share the kitchen and bathroom with 2-5 room mates. Visit the website of the Studierendenwerk for more information: www.stw-ma.de. If you choose to look for different accommodation, the International Office will be happy to provide you with information and tips on finding an apartment in Mannheim or the greater area.
We hope the Mannheim MiM Review was able to provide you with ample information about the MMM program offered by University of Mannheim. All information has been sourced from University of Mannheim’s website. For more information you can visit the official website of University of Mannheim.